KeepingKate #5 Begging for help so the baby naps, still running despite a prolapse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her little rant about how unfair it is for teachers prompted me to respond and I feel so much better for it!
Exactly, and not only that, she happily mixed throughout it all (including while schools were shut) and travelled abroad with her newborn, potentially adding to the stress and pressure of all the doctors and nurses. It’s all me me me.

Reactions: 13
Exactly, and not only that, she happily mixed throughout it all (including while schools were shut) and travelled abroad with her newborn, potentially adding to the stress and pressure of all the doctors and nurses. It’s all me me me.
She will be going back to work soon and is probably hoping schools get closed so she can have more time off.
Furthermore her twattish behaviour constantly flouting lockdown rules since March and doing as she pleases has contributed to the spread of COVID

Reactions: 7
Sadly I don’t think it will she will say your a troll and just block you
She most likely will but she’ll know I’m right. I’d rather be called a troll because I’ve called her out on fact that be called a sheep.

Reactions: 4
She most likely will but she’ll know I’m right. I’d rather be called a troll because I’ve called her out on fact that be called a sheep.
I’m struggling to think of any teachers/ta that have died due to covid I’m not saying there haven’t, but there have been over 200 care and nhs staff that have. Not just medics the support staff that have picked it up. She really needs to get a grip

Reactions: 2
I get her point that teachers have been mixing and it doesn’t really make sense, but the rant is uncalled for 🙄 students aren’t going into schools KNOWINGLY having Covid in the same way that patients are in hospitals are they? Nurses and doctors know full well they’re mixing with Covid positive patients and the weight of anxiety that must cause must be horrific. Read the room Kate! 🙄

Her little rant about how unfair it is for teachers prompted me to respond and I feel so much better for it!
I don’t agree with this.
Should no one feel let down by the government or impacted by covid because they’re not a doctor or nurse or >insert whatever you like here<?

Teachers *have* been massively impacted by this absolute tit show. I don’t know many - or anyone in fact - that hasn’t been impacted in some way. Just because someone else has “had it worse” doesn’t take away the fact they’re suffering too.

Reactions: 16
I don’t agree with this.
Should no one feel let down by the government or impacted by covid because they’re not a doctor or nurse or >insert whatever you like here<?

Teachers *have* been massively impacted by this absolute tit show. I don’t know many - or anyone in fact - that hasn’t been impacted in some way. Just because someone else has “had it worse” doesn’t take away the fact they’re suffering too.
That might be true, had she followed all the guidance given to protect herself and others around her. She’s happy enough to fly off in the summer and had another booked for October half term, plus all the meeting up with people, that she happily passed her newborn baby around to. You can’t do all that openly and then start moaning that her husband is having to go to school and mix all those kids - that for all she knows, didn’t flout all the rules!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m struggling to think of any teachers/ta that have died due to covid I’m not saying there haven’t, but there have been over 200 care and nhs staff that have. Not just medics the support staff that have picked it up. She really needs to get a grip
I know of several teachers that have died from COVID, personally, so I’m sure the number is higher.

I’m a teacher and have lots of opinions on all of this.
I can’t wait to go back to work so my year 11’s and 13’s don’t suffer anymore than they have already.
I don’t mean to undermine anyone who knows anyone who has died - but I genuinely believe it would have been in the news - the unions would have clocked onto it, I’ve seen the same question asked about teacher deaths on many teaching Facebook groups I’m on...... nobody has been able to provide any evidence 🤷🏻‍♀️ I genuinely don’t believe any teachers have died in the line of duty, and we certainly haven’t been effected in the same way as the NHS. I think it’s important to keep it all in Perspective. I live in tier 4 was teaching classes of up to 31 up until Thursday and will do the same post holidays (year 13 & 11 will be back in school) and haven’t seen family or friends in a loooong time. We have 2 kids under 3 and it’s been hard - ive been grateful of the chance to go to work and to know that my job and 50% of our household income is safe. I chose to do the job working in the public sector which comes at a price but also lot of benefits.
I work 7-7 during term time but I choose to willingly do that because I LOVE my job. I just wish everyone would stop piling on top of each other. It’s tit for everyone at the moment.... we feel the way we feel, however these instahuns who don’t recognise their privilege grind my gears
RANT OVER

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t agree with this.

You don’t have to agree, it’s my opinion. And I didn’t say they *havent* been impacted. She is having a tantrum that could have been a hell of a lot of worse if she were exposed to the health sector. My opinion.

Hasn’t she been on maternity leave and sent her husband to Asda and aldi during the first lockdown for her special yoghurts?! I hate these ‘influencers’ now ranting knowing full well they didn’t stick to the rules.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m a teacher and have lots of opinions on all of this.
I can’t wait to go back to work so my year 11’s and 13’s don’t suffer anymore than they have already.
I don’t mean to undermine anyone who knows anyone who has died - but I genuinely believe it would have been in the news - the unions would have clocked onto it, I’ve seen the same question asked about teacher deaths on many teaching Facebook groups I’m on...... nobody has been able to provide any evidence 🤷🏻‍♀️ I genuinely don’t believe any teachers have died in the line of duty, and we certainly haven’t been effected in the same way as the NHS. I think it’s important to keep it all in Perspective. I live in tier 4 was teaching classes of up to 31 up until Thursday and will do the same post holidays (year 13 & 11 will be back in school) and haven’t seen family or friends in a loooong time. We have 2 kids under 3 and it’s been hard - ive been grateful of the chance to go to work and to know that my job and 50% of our household income is safe. I chose to do the job working in the public sector which comes at a price but also lot of benefits.
I work 7-7 during term time but I choose to willingly do that because I LOVE my job. I just wish everyone would stop piling on top of each other. It’s tit for everyone at the moment.... we feel the way we feel, however these instahuns who don’t recognise their privilege grind my gears
RANT OVER
There were at least 65 education staff who died with coronavirus by April this year - this was from the ONS.
Edited to add: that was in England and Wales, I believe.

Reactions: 3
There were at least 65 education staff who died with coronavirus by April this year - this was from the ONS.
Edited to add: that was in England and Wales, I believe.
Just looked at this. As was by April..... guessing many of these were not working at the time as schools were in lockdown! Read the ONS article... they say we have to be cautious with statistics as by their own admission it doesn’t say where the individuals were exposed to Covid.

Just looked at this. As was by April..... guessing many of these were not working at the time as schools were in lockdown! Read the ONS article... they say we have to be cautious with statistics as by their own admission it doesn’t say where the individuals were exposed to Covid.
They died while we were in lockdown but likely contracted covid at work. That’s not impossible to believe, is it?

But aside from that people from an education setting HAVE died from covid. That’s a fact. Which was the point I wanted to get across.

Reactions: 3
I don’t agree with this.

My husband is a teacher and honestly it’s been awful.. I get those in the hospitals are on front line but he caught Covid at school and then gave it to me and our newborn. We were really poorly. A colleagues husband died (she caught it at school too). I don’t rant about it on social media but I think teachers are thought of so negatively when they’re working really hard and are also putting themselves at risk. The thing that upset me most is we didn’t let a single person hold our baby and caught it anyway. My husband was told he still had to deliver online learning through video link whilst we all had Covid too.

Also, since when did she shop at Tesco? 👀

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.