Keeping Kate #2 A milking maid and diet-bore, the orange face you can’t ignore!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes i think she's another that thinks she's the only woman to ever have a baby. I get it with the first one, we're all naive about it because we don't know what to expect and listen to all the bullshit you see in the pregnancy magazines. I'm gathering Sean was as useless as he looks when she had Dave and that's why she's decided she wants someone else there his time. Personally i would choose my mum or a close friend, not waste hundreds of pounds on a stranger.
When she first mentioned a doula she said it was to do with Dave’s birth not going to plan. I think she ended up getting a c section so she’s hired a doula because she really wants a natural birth this time!
Unless said doula can control the universe there’s still a chance a natural birth won’t happen. In my experience it will be what it will be regardless of how you prepare for it!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What is a doula?
An overpriced birth partner basically.

When she first mentioned a doula she said it was to do with Dave’s birth not going to plan. I think she ended up getting a c section so she’s hired a doula because she really wants a natural birth this time!
Unless said doula can control the universe there’s still a chance a natural birth won’t happen. In my experience it will be what it will be regardless of how you prepare for it!
Yes she did say that. head 😂. Iike its something you can control. I have up most respect for anyone having a section, the thought of it knocks me sick along with the recovery afterwards., I'd hate not been able to get up to pick my baby up them first few hours/days. I can understand why she doesn't want one again, but watching her weight and looking after herself would be more beneficial to stop that happening than having a doula

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Yes i think she's another that thinks she's the only woman to ever have a baby. I get it with the first one, we're all naive about it because we don't know what to expect and listen to all the bullshit you see in the pregnancy magazines. I'm gathering Sean was as useless as he looks when she had Dave and that's why she's decided she wants someone else there his time. Personally i would choose my mum or a close friend, not waste hundreds of pounds on a stranger.
I wonder who's put this in her head she normally copies someone.

Reactions: 1
She had her c section under general anaesthetic for Dave due to some underlying condition she has, I guess she is trying to avoid that again although it just sounds like a great big fat waste of money. Especially if she has other health issues, they will always be cautious, plus another one like feebz, claim to be educated women but can’t keep a handle of the one thing which is likely to make the biggest impact on their babies (and their own health). Maybe spending the £700 on a doula is to ease the guilt about eating her way back up the charts again

Reactions: 1
I think her hiring a doula might also be because her last birth was so traumatic. I’m sure she wrote a blog about it and she had ended up having an emergency Caesarian under general anaesthetic because they were in a life threatening situation. I remember her saying that she doesn’t really remember meeting Evelyn for the first time as she was still coming round from the anaesthetic and I do find that heartbreaking. So I think it’s good that she’s getting support in the run up to the birth but, as everyone has said, a doula being present won’t change the way the next baby is born. Paying a minimum of £700 isn’t going to stop a medical emergency! I was wondering how anyone other than the rich and famous could spare that amount of money just before having a baby but let’s face it, I’m sure bank of mum and dad are footing the bill :ROFLMAO:

I like the idea of a doula in principle. I’m absolutely certain that my husband is going to be almost useless at advocating for me during birth because he’s going to be so overwhelmed by it all. I would definitely consider hiring a doula or private midwife if we had the disposable cash for it (we don’t!). But I’m also not under the impression that having a doula there will definitely change the outcome - they can advocate for you, but they don’t have a magic wand!

Reactions: 2
What will the doula do if she does end up having a c section? Sorry I have no children and have no idea about doulas I hope I’m not sounding ignorant x

What will the doula do if she does end up having a c section? Sorry I have no children and have no idea about doulas I hope I’m not sounding ignorant x
Depends on the hospital I assume. I wouldn’t have thought she’d be able to go into theatre but I might be wrong. They’re essentially a second birth partner so I suppose some hospitals might allow them in?

Maybe she just wants to feel confident that she has someone to advocate for her. I wish I had been a bit more clued up when I went in for induction and had spoken up a little more. I wouldn't pay for a doula personally but maybe it gives her more confidence.

Reactions: 3
Maybe she just wants to feel confident that she has someone to advocate for her. I wish I had been a bit more clued up when I went in for induction and had spoken up a little more. I wouldn't pay for a doula personally but maybe it gives her more confidence.
Kate doesn’t strike me as the type of person who would need anyone to advocate for her! That’s the part I don’t get!
Medically the doula can do nothing to help!

Her traumatic birth and c-section under GA was due to an underlying bowel issue she has if I remember her blog correctly. I get that it must have been awful, would have thought she could have saved the £700 and just stopped secret eating and that would be mor likely to help

I wouldn’t have wanted anyone there other than my partner when I gave birth. I definitely wouldn’t have paid £700 for a stranger to be there. The midwives know full well what they are doing.

I would rather have my partner there instead of some random woman who has been paid to give a tit. My boyfriend was amazing when I gave birth. Men are not as tit as many people think they are...

I would rather have my partner there instead of some random woman who has been paid to give a tit. My boyfriend was amazing when I gave birth. Men are not as tit as many people think they are...
My husband went to sleep...... for over an hour! But I still wouldn’t hire a doula!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.