Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Keelin is way to comfortable online and I don't doubt that her and her mam have had issues but I don't really think that was the case with the cat. Keelin got pregnant and expected to move herself, her fiancé, their cat and soon-to-be baby into her Mam's 3 bed semi-d where her two adult sisters live. When her Mam told her she wouldn't take the cat, Keelin shared screenshots of her Mam's texts saying not to bring that cat near her, basically shaming her online to guilt her into taking in the cat.

Personally I think she expects too much of her mam. She let K and J live there, sleeping on a pull out couch, until they found an apt. I don't see Jason's mam jumping to have them and their cat live with her?
I think in Keelin’s head, she’s a teen mother who’s mam abandoned her and kicked her out when that’s not the case. It wasn’t a crisis situation, She chose to get pregnant in her 20s, a full grown woman, with nowhere solid to live, no plan, no financial security and then bawled about it. Why should her mam put her whole life on hold to take on K + J, a baby and a cat??

Reactions: 25

kekedoyouloveme

Chatty Member
Following all the hype about the live shows and the announcement for Cork, I decided to give the podcast a listen. I'm at 37:40 in the "Hot Girl Summer Prep" episode and I'm done. This outright rejection of being "posh", costuming as being poor, is the strangest fetishising of the working class that I've ever come across. It's so odd. Eimear O'Reilly is complaining at this timestamp about being regarded as 'posh' - her father, Alan, is a renowned restaurateur, and has OWNED and operated several successful restaurants all around Dublin, including Clarets, Morels, Alexis and Wildside. He's just opened his latest restaurant called 'Laurel' in the heart of Blackrock, Co. Dublin. Source: https://www.irishtimes.com/food/202...tart-ups-get-support-is-this-the-way-forward/

Her family home is also in Blackrock, she's upper middle class, as are the Moncrieffs. Their father (who Keelin lived with while he found her an apartment) lives in Howth, https://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/me-and-my-money-sean-moncrieff-26421178.html. I know the Moncrieffs have been heavily criticised for cosplaying as working class - but I find it so odd that the people they surround themselves with are doing the same? It's bizarre.

• Wow
  • Sick

turbomunch

Chatty Member
I understand where you're coming from! I just felt the need to defend the babywearing because it really is so convenient for some, and always (in my experience) gets a bad rep as some people seem to think its the worst thing you can do as you might make baby over-dependent on you (my in-laws have said that I spoil my babies for carrying them, which is utter hoop! I think thats why i wanted to defend it, because so often parents will be judged for holding their babies "too much" when theres really no such thing). Babies, especially for the first few months, crave closeness and touch, so even if you can get them asleep, putting them into a crib or other sleeping implement can often be a waste of time as they tend to immediately wake. It's actually a phase called the fourth trimester! Before I had kids, I thought I could leave them asleep alone for a few mins to shower or make food etc, and I could, but they'd be screaming their tiny heads off about 5 mins after I put them down, even if they were completely comatose to start 🤣 when they're so young, they literally can't even see properly, and all they've known is the safety of their parents body, so I suppose it's fairly terrifying to be left alone. Keeping them close actually helps them build secure attachment so that they'll be more independent when theyre that bit older, because theyre secure in the fact that their primary caretaker will meet their needs. Now, as I say, every baby is different, but that's been my experience and there's a wealth of science to back it up 😊

In fairness to Keelin, (and again, I'm not overly defending anyone here), parenting is possibly the single biggest adjustment that will ever happen in your life (particularly first time round). It literally tears your life apart and completely transforms it, and the adjustment can feel like whiplash sometimes. It takes time to find the rhythm of your life, and her baby is still a newborn. I just wouldn't want to see anyone being overly judged for what they may or may not do in the snippets of their lives they choose to show us. It can be a lonely, isolating and exhausting time, trying to keep a new human that you JUST met alive, as well as recover from birth yourself (the birth experience in itself can take so much time to process, particularly if the experience wasn't what you wanted it to be). In fairness to her, from what we can see, I think she's doing brilliantly as a new parent. I'm also conscious too (and probably just a bit more aware of it as a mammy), that there have been a litany of horrible stories in relation to children being injured and killed lately, and it may very well be the case in many of them that had there been better supports in place and people been less isolated, those incidents may never have happened. Perinatal care in this country is genuinely a joke, so when it comes to parenting, unless there's something genuinely dangerous afoot, I think its best to look on anyone else's approach to it with a bit of compassion and kindness. Covid has also extremely negatively affected people's experiences with maternity care, and that can have a massive impact on how people feel and adjust after the fact. Judge on other things if warranted (and at that, be kind!), but given the massive adjustment parenting is, especially in the early days, kindness is everything. There are things I did first time around that I look back on and I absolutely lol at myself, but I was doing the best I knew how to at the time.

Sorry, that's a massive rant, and not directed at anything you said in particular, but might just be a reminder to anyone posting here re parenting!
holy moly

Attachments

• Haha

Saywhatnow22

Chatty Member
Possibly being a bit extra sensitive here and don’t know much about the company but I find using tragic dead celebrities as advertising gimmicks for products quite shitty and wouldn’t be a fan of influencers who, for a pay check, further promote that exploitation. Seems very sell out to me for someone who wants to come across very liberal, feminist, etc
View attachment 1617011
Thought the exact same when I saw this, especially on a sex toy… (not a prude) but I imagine they wouldn’t be making a Caroline Flack sex toy, for example. Just because this woman has been dead a long time doesn’t make it any less disrespectful. Embarrassing and shameful to even be promoting it.

• Heart

kttttttttt

Chatty Member
no but hiring a cleaner?? The size of the place is she for real? And her sister who’s unemployed couldn’t help her or her bf who works on a till or folding clothes all day couldn’t do some house work? Sounds ridiculous

• Haha
Reactions: 24

kekedoyouloveme

Chatty Member
Oh so eimar is a rich girl pretending to be a poor girl too? No wonder they get along so well. It makes me wince how they go on and on about being anticapitalist and how good it is to be self employed when they have such ridiculous privilege in comparison to the majority of people
I just don't understand their romanticisation of the working class? What do they gain from it? Eimear O'Reilly's sister also owns her own beauty salon - https://aorbeauty.ie/, Eimear's family have money as the Moncrieffs have money. The carry on of them on that podcast is disgraceful, marvelling at how gauche they are to be paying rent and struggling with the housing crisis like the average everyperson. The worries of the Moncrieffs and Eimear O'Reilly are not the worries of most of us. This strive to be ‘looking’ and ‘acting’ working class is almost like a novelty to them; something to be picked up and dropped by comparison to their own backgrounds. Which by implication means dressing like they have no money, drinking to oblivion, and generally treating the idea of being working class as simply an aesthetic?

At 54 minutes in this episode, Eimear sneeringly describes the "junkies", "shooting up" outside her apartment. I feel like this says it all, honestly.

In Dublin right now and probably in a lot of major cities being working class is cool, Fontaine’s DC is a good example it in popular culture. It’s so odd, I suppose working class people have more cultural capital in the scenes that keelin and Eimear move in. When I first moved to Dublin I found it so odd that people that I knew from college were dying to portray this working class aesthetic as if all our mammies and daddies weren’t paying our fees 😂
Fontaines DC have been rightly called out for their fetishing of the working class, there's a great article that went semi-viral on it here: https://garysolonely.neocities.org/is-it-too-real-for-ya.html

I know what you mean about the gentrification of the working class 'trend', but for all the harmlessness of softening an accent to ‘fit in’, as an example, the process of the middle-class fetishising people who would never experience the same opportunities into an aesthetic just doesn't right with me. It reminds me of the verse from ‘Common People’ by Pulp:

You'll never do whatever common people do
Never fail like common people
You'll never watch your life slide out of view
.”

I don’t mean this to be pitying or bemoaning. Being working class isn't a handicap, but fetishising it, like these dopes do, only detracts from the reality of those who live it. Where you grew up and what you can afford is not an aesthetic or a choice, it’s a simple reality - diminishing that only fuels and reinforces more unsavoury attitudes. Fuck them all, especially Eimear and her dehumanising language.

Last edited:
  • Heart

hallandoatmilk

Chatty Member
She must think she’s a teen mum, she’s not even that young to be having a baby.
She mentioned before how people would look at her on the street because she was “so young” like she looks like she’s in her 20s. I think she was projecting her insecurities because 24/25 is not remotely too young to have a child - if you’re financially and emotionally capable of doing so.

If people were looking at her at all it’s probably because she was going around Dublin heavily pregnant in tiny crop tops. I don’t personally have a problem with anyone doing that, pregnant people should dress however they want but tbf it’s not typical and some people will be caught off guard.

Icanteven

Chatty Member
Keelin acts like she CHOOSE to be a stay at home mother. She was essentially a stay at home daughter before she got pregnant.

Her life is not that difficult and she needs to cop on and realise there are women out there that have to work through it all.

Reactions: 23

goober

Someone commented ‘how about not smoking next to a newborn’ on her insta and she replied ‘it’s not your baby you can relax’, her reply has 250 likes 😬

• Angry
  • Sick

turbomunch

Chatty Member
I find Saoirse woeful to be honest, living the pixie dream girl fantasy but she just makes crap art, smoking as a personality trait and uploads random rambling videos...one of the most irritating out of the lot.

She would be well able to get a degree or work. I'd say she would just love a podcast or something to talk at length just about herself, her art, sexual experiences etc when really she has absolutely nothing new to offer.
Keelin is entitled but Saoirse is a million times worse imo.

Not a massive fan of ellie but she obviously is quite bright and is able to get shit done while also living a party life.

I've been with my fella 9 years and we are both baby mad wanting a family... and nearly 30 and don't have a great living situation, so we are just waiting until we can somewhat provide for a baby.

What the f did Keelin expect having a baby with someone she wasn't with a huge amount of time/live with for long during a housing crisis.
Anytime I see saoirse try to be profound or deep I just remember her giving sex advice and saying if you want an orgasm just manifest one

• Haha
My bean has never been more numb 🤢🤢🤢🤢
How many times have I seen Jason in that god forsaken “God is trans” wife beater?! I see he’s making an absurdist statement to really rile up those transphobic Christians — but truly, what does this mean? And who cares? It’s seems (at best) like his attempt to rebel against authority but the authority is non-exist because he’s an adult man…At worst he’s just trying to signal he’s cool and aware of social issues. But please tell me if I’m missing something, is being trans illegal in Ireland or something? Surely there are more meaningful things to put on a wife-beater in relation to trans-rights just in general?

hallandoatmilk

Chatty Member
I see the hideous €300 mark jacobs jumper is being sold on already lol
She’s so incredibly wasteful. The entire point of buying expensive clothing as a means of sustainability is to have those items for years to come longer than fast fashion would last you. I have fast fashion clothes that have lasted me much longer than she’s had that jumper and will continue to do so.

Also, I wouldn’t buy second hand clothes off someone who regularly admits to not cleaning themselves. If she doesn’t clean herself, what are the odds she’ll clean the clothes she’s getting rid of?

ragingbull

I always find it crazy how her comments are so full of people acting like her “poetry” is the most profound thing they’ve ever heard, it’s just her whinging and desperately trying to get attention from people any way she can. She’s become so infuriating to me I am even struggling to skip through her videos that I usually would sort of “hate watch”. She’s gone from being ignorant to a whole new level of being self absorbed and pitying herself for the situation she willingly created.

• Haha

Madamex

VIP Member
She needs to give her mother a break. Someone in the comments was comparing her mother to Jeanette mccurdy! And it has loads of likes too. We are getting one side of the story.

whataboutit

Possibly being a bit extra sensitive here and don’t know much about the company but I find using tragic dead celebrities as advertising gimmicks for products quite shitty and wouldn’t be a fan of influencers who, for a pay check, further promote that exploitation. Seems very sell out to me for someone who wants to come across very liberal, feminist, etc. Advertise sex toys, absolutely fair enough…but advertising a £120 “Marilyn Monroe” sex toy, a woman who was sexually abused and exploited and died young in tragic circumstances 60 years ago so can’t consent to her image/name being used in such a way… just disgusts me
1664573175260.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart

lunchable

Chatty Member
For someone who isn’t from the UK, how famous is her dad in ireland?? Like is he a household name? Just curious :)
Recognisable, I think the unusual surname helps to be honest. First time I heard someone mention Keelin Moncrieff I immediately thought ‘oh is she your man’s daughter?’

Same wouldn’t happen if their names were Sean Byrne and Keelin Byrne haha.

Sorry if you know already but pet peeve, Ireland isn’t in the UK 😬 well the part they’re from anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I can’t with Saoirse and her vlogs. She is so difficult to listen to when she’s having her “wisdom” moments; claiming that love happens when you think someone is better than you and you look at them and “see your reflection in their eyes” - she is such a narcissist. Everything is about her and how she feels at all times. Am I being unreasonable?
I know she’s young and has mental health issues but I find her so unlikable at times.

• Heart
  • Haha

RALN

Screenshot_20220729_093307.jpg

What the fuck is this hahahahaha. And the haaaaaaack of her fella 🤢🤮 I said it once and I'll say it again, they look like a couple who smells of goats cheese 🧀🐐

• Haha