Katie Snooks #2 Kathleen's still talking about her bowler hat whilst G's swinging the da cat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know if this is just me but I find always eating the same thing as your partner a bit strange even in lockdown. My husband and I eat breakfast separately, we will eat lunch together but often different things. If one of us was on a restricted diet the only meal where it would really affect the other would be dinner. With Katie everything always seems to be 'we' ate this and 'we' did that. It's all so codependent.

Reactions: 10
Katie always echos the people she lives with in her eating habits. She became more plant based when with her flat mates and now eats a lot more meat with G.

This FODMAP diet she’s following would make great content if only she could be bothered to put the effort in! Meal plans, cooking from scratch, where she’s slipped up that week and what she’s taking forward for the next week etc

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Katie always echos the people she lives with in her eating habits. She became more plant based when with her flat mates and now eats a lot more meat with G.

This FODMAP diet she’s following would make great content if only she could be bothered to put the effort in! Meal plans, cooking from scratch, where she’s slipped up that week and what she’s taking forward for the next week etc
She’s half arsing everything she does, wouldn’t turn to her channel for anything, makeup, skincare, fashion, true crime, interior, dating, sex, I’m just watching for the whining tbh hahah

• Haha
I must admit, I do respect her a bit more now for how she spoke about her content and taking a break. I like that she seems to have taken valid criticism on board rather than just crying 'troll' this time.

That being said, I absolutely LOVE mundane/homey vlogs and loads of people are still making great content so I don't think the current situation is necessarily an excuse for not doing so. Also, she has been with 'G' for over 2 years now and she definitely seemed to change long before lockdown stopped her from kindly filming her 'immersive theatre' experiences for us. I get what she's saying but I don't think the whole personality shift into a tiny baby whingebag can be blamed entirely on the pandemic.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don't know if this is just me but I find always eating the same thing as your partner a bit strange even in lockdown. My husband and I eat breakfast separately, we will eat lunch together but often different things. If one of us was on a restricted diet the only meal where it would really affect the other would be dinner. With Katie everything always seems to be 'we' ate this and 'we' did that. It's all so codependent.
Eating meals together isn't being 'too codependent'. For a lot of people it's a really important part of bonding and It's pretty standard to want to eat meals with your partner.....

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Double post, sorry, work's quiet this morning 😴

Katie, love, please read, as you clearly do read here based on things addressed in the latest vlog. Great click bait title, btw.
First, if you are trying to pull off some reversed psychology stuff, well, it almost worked. It's not that you should stop filming vlogs. We like watching them, we wouldn't be here if we didn't. Please keep making them but it's fair enough if you take a little time to rethink what they look like. I will give some pointers below as to what to avoid and what to improve. Clearly you want to make them better so this could be like a little appraisal process.
Second. We are all in lockdown. We don't expect to see you go and to things in London like back in pre-'rona days. It would be unsafe and stupid. We are all home-bound. We are all at different levels of anxious and unhappy. BUT! When some of us said that you seemed happier when living by yourself/in the girls' house, we didn't mean the going out and doing events. It was more about that when you and G got engaged, you seemed surprised in a bad way, withdrawn, tense, these kind of things. Maybe it was because it didn't happen the way you wanted or you didn't like the ring. It showed that something wasn't quite right. You seem happier now so maybe it was just the surprise of it all.
People change and life goes on. We get it that you're not going to be the same Katie as in the girls' house but do the things you like and don't lose yourself because of G. We are happy for you to have a boyfriend but it's good to have autonomy within a relationship too.

On to the pointers.

DOS and DON'TS
- please please please do not laugh hysterically when Maurice does as much as breathe or open his eyes. Your cat is super cute and it's clearly visible he brought a lot of joy into your life but whenever you post these videos on IG or YT where you laugh with that high pitched voice, you sound possessed and we die inside.
- please refrain yourself from calling G "babe" 10 times in one conversation.
- don't talk in baby voice.
- stop with the sad sulky faces. If you are not feeling well, let us know in a normal voice and sign off for the day.
- please stop giggling over genital print socks or booby shaped vases. If you are really obsessed with all these body part related novelty items, I guess we have to live with that, but be cool about showing them. I am sure there are people among your viewers who are interested, just show us the goods and move on to the next thing and don't behave like a 13-year old who thinks it's so naughty to have dick socks.
- when you talk about sex related stuff, use the appropriate language and matter of fact tone. It will convey the message better.
- clean up your flat before filming. It's your place of work so effectively you'll work better, more productive and have better content ideas when your space is tidy and inspiring.
- we don't need to know what you eat in the bath. Thanks.
- when talking about books, tv series, movies, don't just mention what you're reading or watching but give us a little introduction to it, tell us what you like about it and what you're not crazy on.
- I would like to see more makeup and skincare/bodycare content. Like what you're using atm, why it's good or not. If you only show us #spon things it's not authentic. I'd like to see morning/evening skincare routines, maybe start a little project when you try to use up some of cosmetics stash (I did that in first lockdown, I used up a lot of samples, face masks, hair products and now I am only have what I need and only buy stuff when I run out). Quick makeup routines. Maybe using a nice lippy or cool eyeshadow you wouldn't normally use day to day but can in lockdown because I guess no-one will care. Many of us still wear makeup, whether it's to look good on a Zoom call or to go for a walk (I make effort when I meet up with someone for a walk, as it's often the highlight of my day or week). I don't know. There's so much beauty content you could do.

I think this is all from me. I think some Tattlers will agree, some disagree. In short, less crass, childish behaviour. Less complaining, more action. We like mundane stuff too but it can be served in more digestible form.

Reactions: 20
tiny baby whingebag.

Laughing so hard at this 😂

Eating meals together isn't being 'too codependent'. For a lot of people it's a really important part of bonding and It's pretty standard to want to eat meals with your partner.....
Agreed, it's usually cheaper and quicker too. If i had a child i'd feed them the same too. Takeaways or meals out are obviously different but, for convenience sake alone i wouldn't want to be making three or more different meals in the evening. To me three months to support my fiance wouldn't be a sacrifice to change what I'm eating and honestly I'd be gutted if my fiance wouldn't offer to do it to support me. A housemate I'd be a bit iffy if they asked me, but these two are getting married soon. I hope she keeps up with the diet and gets some answers.

I also love the at home vlogs. I think a series of prepping, cooking and eating her low food map would be good, get her new viewers ($$$) and motivate her to a better less bloaty belly and gut health. The muffins and cookies for instance, why were they so bad? I'd rather have that on in the background than house buying or wedding planning.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I have never ever heard this before haha

I'm thinking that maybe she needs to clean her oven 🤣🤣🤣
Yep, they probably taste like fish because she's not cleaning things properly between use! 🤢🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Latest story: Katie laughing at mooorrreeeeeece meowing. You know, like, how all cats meow?

• Haha
It really irked me that the majority of the last vlog was her getting PR packages because firstly does anybody really care what she gets, and secondly the blatant consumerism just doesn’t sit right in the current climate. Also she bought MORE clothes, the girl probably has more belongings that an ASOS warehouse at the minute and she’s trying to declutter too?? I actually really feel for her in regards to hoarding, I have tendencies myself and it’s super hard to get rid of stuff that I have an emotional attachment too like her, but i get around that by not buying something if I don’t need it. I’ve said this before but it would make such interesting content for her to actually tackle her hoarding in a more serious manner (no giggling with G about how many ugly pairs of heals she can’t get rid of) but going through and curating herself a wardrobe from her most loved items, why they hold value to her etc.

Also boy oh boy do I think G comes across terribly - he just seems so patronising and infantilising (sounds really mean but no wonder he was approaching 40 and still single, not that I have anything wrong with this but he was obviously actively trying to date if he was on the apps etc) - he’s clearly found his match and Katie laps it up with her OTT giggling and whiney faces.

I also hate whenever he pops up in her comments to defend her, he obviously thinks the sun shines out her bum (which is fine she’s hisGF) but in no other work setting would it be okay for a partner to be getting involved in the comments or feedback! So unprofessional imo

Last edited:
(...)
I also hate whenever he pops up in her comments to defend her, he obviously thinks the sun shines out her bum (which is fine she’s hisGF) but in no other work setting would it be okay for a partner to be getting involved in the comments or feedback! So unprofessional imo
He still does that? I thought he did like, once :rolleyes: (I don't read comments under her YT videos unless it's mentioned here)

Reactions: 1
He still does that? I thought he did like, once :rolleyes: (I don't read comments under her YT videos unless it's mentioned here)
I haven’t spotted super recently, last time was when she was getting a lot of heat for buying fast fashion, and then instead bought stuff from I think reformation, instead of actually listening and just not buying anything at all haha

Reactions: 4
Double post, sorry, work's quiet this morning 😴

Katie, love, please read, as you clearly do read here based on things addressed in the latest vlog. Great click bait title, btw.
First, if you are trying to pull off some reversed psychology stuff, well, it almost worked. It's not that you should stop filming vlogs. We like watching them, we wouldn't be here if we didn't. Please keep making them but it's fair enough if you take a little time to rethink what they look like. I will give some pointers below as to what to avoid and what to improve. Clearly you want to make them better so this could be like a little appraisal process.
Second. We are all in lockdown. We don't expect to see you go and to things in London like back in pre-'rona days. It would be unsafe and stupid. We are all home-bound. We are all at different levels of anxious and unhappy. BUT! When some of us said that you seemed happier when living by yourself/in the girls' house, we didn't mean the going out and doing events. It was more about that when you and G got engaged, you seemed surprised in a bad way, withdrawn, tense, these kind of things. Maybe it was because it didn't happen the way you wanted or you didn't like the ring. It showed that something wasn't quite right. You seem happier now so maybe it was just the surprise of it all.
People change and life goes on. We get it that you're not going to be the same Katie as in the girls' house but do the things you like and don't lose yourself because of G. We are happy for you to have a boyfriend but it's good to have autonomy within a relationship too.

On to the pointers.

DOS and DON'TS
- please please please do not laugh hysterically when Maurice does as much as breathe or open his eyes. Your cat is super cute and it's clearly visible he brought a lot of joy into your life but whenever you post these videos on IG or YT where you laugh with that high pitched voice, you sound possessed and we die inside.
- please refrain yourself from calling G "babe" 10 times in one conversation.
- don't talk in baby voice.
- stop with the sad sulky faces. If you are not feeling well, let us know in a normal voice and sign off for the day.
- please stop giggling over genital print socks or booby shaped vases. If you are really obsessed with all these body part related novelty items, I guess we have to live with that, but be cool about showing them. I am sure there are people among your viewers who are interested, just show us the goods and move on to the next thing and don't behave like a 13-year old who thinks it's so naughty to have dick socks.
- when you talk about sex related stuff, use the appropriate language and matter of fact tone. It will convey the message better.
- clean up your flat before filming. It's your place of work so effectively you'll work better, more productive and have better content ideas when your space is tidy and inspiring.
- we don't need to know what you eat in the bath. Thanks.
- when talking about books, tv series, movies, don't just mention what you're reading or watching but give us a little introduction to it, tell us what you like about it and what you're not crazy on.
- I would like to see more makeup and skincare/bodycare content. Like what you're using atm, why it's good or not. If you only show us #spon things it's not authentic. I'd like to see morning/evening skincare routines, maybe start a little project when you try to use up some of cosmetics stash (I did that in first lockdown, I used up a lot of samples, face masks, hair products and now I am only have what I need and only buy stuff when I run out). Quick makeup routines. Maybe using a nice lippy or cool eyeshadow you wouldn't normally use day to day but can in lockdown because I guess no-one will care. Many of us still wear makeup, whether it's to look good on a Zoom call or to go for a walk (I make effort when I meet up with someone for a walk, as it's often the highlight of my day or week). I don't know. There's so much beauty content you could do.

I think this is all from me. I think some Tattlers will agree, some disagree. In short, less crass, childish behaviour. Less complaining, more action. We like mundane stuff too but it can be served in more digestible form.
Very well said, Marta!

Some really constructive points in there. She's clearly reading here (Hi Kath!) so maybe she'll take a few points on board.

My partner and I are adopting a kitten in a few weeks and she has made me so wary of sharing ANYTHING on social media because of how irritating she is with More-eece 😂

Reactions: 8
Looks like it, although Zoella did feature Katie on her story yesterday so she might have had a big boost from that? The post she shared has like 3-4 times her usual number of likes.

Was just going through her photos and all the ones with the most likes are either her boobs and belly rolls photos or ones with G :cautious:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
The thing that really gets me with Katie isn’t that she finds everything Maurice does hilarious, or that she spends her whole life in her pants, or that she acts like a giggling or stroppy teenager, but that that is what she chooses to share with her viewers. I act like a right goon around my partner and I can easily spend a half hour laughing at my puppy’s goofy underbite, but those are what I consider to be a private part of me and my personality. That silly side of me is what only my partner sees, or my very closest friends. I don’t think anyone expects her to not be that way, but it’s so bizarre to me that she thinks that’s the best version of herself to present as part of her career. She can be ‘real’ whilst still maintaining a difference between her personal and professional life 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.