Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Minky9110

I never liked the thing to begin with so it matters not whether it morphs into Mother Theresa during its enforced hiding away somewhere - I will still despise it whatever it does for all those reasons you state Staples and more besides :(
Mother Theresa was just as corrupt (if not more) as Skanky !!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7

Stapleyourtongue

VIP Member
I know 😔 the words that always get changed in a post is one that comes out as pedalo and if you say the word beginning with G for rubber bondage masks it gets changed to GIF 🤣🤣🤣
You know that we can't write GALS (read backwards), I only just realised last night that it read GALS (Girls), half a Century years old and I've only just spotted that 🥴

• Haha

Webster1357

VIP Member
Personally I wouldn't touch primark, shein etc with a bargepole.
Fast fashion, dubious labour, landfill. A fair amount of their 'fake' fur is undeclared rabbit fur. Yak.

I prefer one good item that fits, looks good and will last, to loads of cheap stuff that's never been near a natural fibre.
Second hand for the win. 👍🏻

Not because I am a smug saint, but I've definitely changed my attitude to shopping over the last 10 years.
Buy well, buy once.
Pretty much the same with household Stuff, I'd rather pay a bit more to an indy designer and have something handmade than raid homebargains etc and have the same as everyone else. Support independent, and ideally local rather than the giant stores killing the high street.

I'm a very long way from being perfect but the changes I've made work for me.

Here endeth today's mutter.
(for at least 5 minutes...)
Well I never wear anything with fake fur anyway, not my style, but Rabbit fur? Yuk! You've convinced me, my lockdown shopping habits need to change! And I will never venture onto JYY again, I feel cheap and dirty just looking at it...

Harrigan

VIP Member
He knows I am a tramp.🤣

I always wonder whether fake is fur!😡Bastards.I grew up on real fur,I detested it..I don’t know whether in the early forties) me mum had a beautiful fur coat it had those pegs for closing coat.It was fucking seal skin Softest fur ever..I wanted to be sick when I found out.Fucking seal skin.😡😡😡
Dolly, be careful what you say, cats have got great memories! My boy is in the habit every time I move to go the loo or kitchen, he jumps up and thinks it’s time for more food! No, I say, not time yet!

As this thread is pet friendly unlike Katie any recommendations re hoovers. I can’t do a room in 20 minutes. Does me head in!

• Haha

Lionessarising

Dolly, be careful what you say, cats have got great memories! My boy is in the habit every time I move to go the loo or kitchen, he jumps up and thinks it’s time for more food! No, I say, not time yet!

As this thread is pet friendly unlike Katie any recommendations re hoovers. I can’t do a room in 20 minutes. Does me head in!
The meile animal has a good rating, I have the Dyson cat and dog. It does a good job of sucking up cat hair. Best wait for black Friday for these ones

Harrigan

VIP Member
A friend was horrified when she bought a Dyson hairdryer to find that it was no better than her normal (cheap) hairdryer.

I've got a Miele as well as the Eufy but never use it now as the Eufy is so much better.
Oh dear, all that money spent! I have heard it is only good for straight hair and mine is incredibly thick, curly, coarse etc so I’m not sure it would work for me. Plus it’s far too expensive.

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Hi Dolly, I’ve had bad eyesight since little. I sat at back of classroom at school couldn’t see a thing! I went years without wearing them literally felt my way round walls, now I love wearing them. As I’m so short sighted I need regular checkups possible glaucoma. Glasses rock!
Yes,awful without me glasses can’t see anything it just images,I wore contacts years ago,I had then prescribed by NHS,was under Moorfields,wore them for years but soon as I retired,I went back to glasses,my dad very,very shortsighted.

Dollylovesshoes

VIP Member
Awwww my boy is playing with a ‘stinkie’ he loves those.😊 Harri has your puss got stinkies?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6

Stapleyourtongue

VIP Member
Ooh, have you got guests coming Dolly? Hope it goes well. I’ve gone off chicken since I had a bad experience, in fact most meat leaves me cold.
Oh no,never have guests,I don’t eat a lot of meat actually,if I buy chicken it has to be organic but even then,I eat lots of veg which I love,always loved since a kid,always went for second helpings for lovely greens/cabbage at school dinners,dinner ladies so shocked,I asked for big plateful as well.🤣
[/QUOTE]
I love my veg too Dolly - my OH does a lovely cheesy cabbage, I could eat a bowl of it on its own 😋

Harrigan

VIP Member
Dont get a dyson! i;ve had a henry for many years, it will hoover up builders rubble and pretty much anything else. Him indoors came back from currys recently with a top of the range Dyson v11 ,he went out for a laptop for eldest lad for uni :rolleyes:
its very temperamental, you have to change the head on it to get into corners and skirting boards, change head for going from carpets to hard floors and its battery only lasts 40 mins for normal suction and 10 mins for super.
Its good if you want a quick zip around to tidy the place up because its cordless, but its not so great for a deep clean .
Ha ha, we’ve got a Dyson and although it picks up hair you have to use the small head for that. Plus the filter keeps getting blocked and full blast only 20 mins so not that impressed.

by the way just noticed your avatar, so cute. Looks hand knitted but can’t make out what he is.

mrbusiness

VIP Member
Morning all,

I was looking at Blind Gossip this morning and there was a story that seems to be about Katie and Carl, don’t know if others agree.

Why don’t they just cancel the makeup masterclasses and give people their money back?

I feel a bit disappointed today. Was reading the new Judge Judy programme, officer Byrd isn’t on it. He was only told by phone he wasn’t going to be involved. I love Judge Judy but think this is a poor showing. My question for the day. Can you get to the top in showbusiness by being nice?

Hi Dolly, Dave, MrsEms, Sewer, Blue, Tim, Rita, Facehugger, Flowerpot and all,

Have a good day
Which site?

• Haha
yep bowls up and washed daily i only leave dry food out and he will only drink out of the tap or his very own water fountain

he is on a vet diet s he had problems with his urinary tract so special food but do buy him fresh chicken twice a week and sometimes some mince but he needs plenty of water and he loves his fountain but Oscar loves a drenching of rain loves it

Dawn Dayn

VIP Member

Shark corded stick, the lead is very long. They are regularly on offer, next time will be black Friday I think.