Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way she’s posted about how she’s ‘living on the edge’ by posting an Instagram picture in the middle of the day, then fretting about whether people will see it. Such a turn off to me, I understand this is her job and the numbers are important but it just makes me cringe! It comes across as a bit desperate. Sometimes I think her true personality doesn’t always come across, she presents herself as this happy go lucky, self deprecating, funny character but her home always looks immaculate, her travel videos are seamless and must take hours to film the right shots. I actually think behind the scenes she’s probably much more of a control freak and type A personality.
I agree, I think she's a lot more driven and business-minded behind the scenes than she lets on, possible perfectionist? Not necessarily a bad thing but I think she's a bit more steely underneath than what people think!

Reactions: 5
I think what people need to start waking up to is that ALL of these “influencers” are in it to MAKE MONEY. It’s a business venture. Everything they post is thought about, calculated and posted for a purpose.
These people are not your friend or “just a normal mummy, trying to make a few pennies” - they are business women, making a LOT of money and enjoying many many benefits besides.

Katie Ellison is no different

She’s found her little niche and what works for her - play the inoffensive, middle of the road, never have a strong opinion about anything, everyone’s mate angle. Keep everyone onside.

What you see is not real
- it’s a fantasy that they cultivate to maximise money making potential.

Reactions: 18
She is so false and so vacuous, it would seem from this thread her mask is slowly slipping!! She hardly ever seems to do any “work” these days either - just endless Instagram posts about how she’s lacking motivation or having another “lazy day” doing absolutely sod all.

Wonder how much she will OTT splurge on this kitchen renovation - whenever anyone asks where stuff in her house is from she ALWAYS trys to down play it with “oh I got it when they had a sale / 50% / offer on” to try and soften the blow when her followers then see she’s throwing £1k+ on rugs, mirrors and more. Relatable? I think not!

It’s Jon I feel sorry for her - she’s either constantly mocking him or finding excuses to not have to partake in seeing ANY of his family on the rare occasion they visit. She dislikes Jons mum so much presumably on the basis his mum can see straight through Katie’s sickly sweet act

• Angry
Reactions: 6
She is so false and so vacuous, it would seem from this thread her mask is slowly slipping!! She hardly ever seems to do any “work” these days either - just endless Instagram posts about how she’s lacking motivation or having another “lazy day” doing absolutely sod all.

Wonder how much she will OTT splurge on this kitchen renovation - whenever anyone asks where stuff in her house is from she ALWAYS trys to down play it with “oh I got it when they had a sale / 50% / offer on” to try and soften the blow when her followers then see she’s throwing £1k+ on rugs, mirrors and more. Relatable? I think not!

It’s Jon I feel sorry for her - she’s either constantly mocking him or finding excuses to not have to partake in seeing ANY of his family on the rare occasion they visit. She dislikes Jons mum so much presumably on the basis his mum can see straight through Katie’s sickly sweet act
Hmmm I think your last bit is a bit off the mark (unless you know them personally of course!). It's hard to visit family far away often once you have school-aged kids because of all their activities and other commitments. We have one side of the family living far from us who we don't visit that often, but it's not because we don't like them, far from it.

On a different note that new shed is going to ruin the garden space and view from their glass room, must be annoying! Don't know why they didn't just keep some of the garage for storage, surely with a living room, that glass room, a play room/spare room they don't need a 'snug'?! Crazy

I really like her in most aspects, the only thing I would say is she really needs to grow her hair out again, she’s aged massively since she’s cut it short, combined with the sun damaged skin, she looks a lot older than she is.

I really like her in most aspects, the only thing I would say is she really needs to grow her hair out again, she’s aged massively since she’s cut it short, combined with the sun damaged skin, she looks a lot older than she is.
I agree with you. I also don’t think her new teeth suit her face. There’s something off about them. Her natural teeth were much better

Reactions: 1
I agree with you. I also don’t think her new teeth suit her face. There’s something off about them. Her natural teeth were much better
Yeah I know what you mean, when you look a photos of her from only around a year and a half -2 years ago she looks so much younger and really naturally pretty.

Do you think she has a cleaner? Her house is always so clean and tidy but she never seems to show herself cleaning or even talks about it. 80% of my day is spent tidying up and cleaning up after my toddlers and older child and lets face it my husband and the dog too!

Reactions: 3
Well the kitchen renovation has started! I watched the planning video yesterday for it, looks very complicated!

Don’t know about the cleaner, but they will need one once this mess has begun!

I watched her first videos the other day and cant believe how different she looks now. I think she looks better with short hair personally but my god, those teeth! and those ridiculously long drawn on eyebrows and snout. I think instagrammers don't notice that line when they go from normal looking to like some drag caricature. Surrey mama may be really dull but at least she looks natural and is true to her true self.
I hate how Katie does all this "my super huge head", "My piggy nose my family tease me about" etc its such fake self deprecation , she clearly loves herself parading in a swimming costume doing that whole "im not sure about this, im not very body confident". Pull the other one love, you love yourself.

Well the kitchen renovation has started! I watched the planning video yesterday for it, looks very complicated!

Don’t know about the cleaner, but they will need one once this mess has begun!
That house is the most ridiculously over spec'd house i've ever seen!

Yes, I reckon this is why mummy floggers keep having more babies - for content. Once their children are at school, there isn’t much to vlog really, unless you have another particular interest. There are only so many cleaning/organising, shopping haul and meal-plan videos that a vlogger can do. Her house is almost finished too, just the kitchen and maybe bathroom left? I wonder what they will all be vloggong in a few years time when their kids are at secondary school and possibly don’t want to perform for the camera. It’s such a new’career’ (😂). We haven’t got to that stage yet with any of the current popular mummies like Emily Norris, Meldrums etc. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with them all in the future.
yep surreymama, mummyintheknow.....deffo both had another baby for content........

Last edited:
For a house that is so overlooked they don't half love a big window. The people who live behind them will be able to see everything inside their house.

For a house that is so overlooked they don't half love a big window. The people who live behind them will be able to see everything inside their house.
Hmm it depends on the glass they get I suppose. We are having similar doors put along the back of our property but it’s with glass that you can see out of but not see into. I wouldn’t get those doors with normal glass though, because I hate the idea of being so overlooked

Didn’t they just replace the door and window recently too - and now they’ve ripped them out. Bit of a waste of money.

Didn’t they just replace the door and window recently too - and now they’ve ripped them out. Bit of a waste of money.

I thought that too! I dunno about the window as I thought it was just the front windows they had done but definitely the utility door, as I checked it in the vlog the other day of what the plans were and it matched the conservatory doors

I thought that too! I dunno about the window as I thought it was just the front windows they had done but definitely the utility door, as I checked it in the vlog the other day of what the plans were and it matched the conservatory doors
They should have reused kitchen window in new snug, I thought they would have Crittall doors rather than bifold.

Reactions: 2
I don't get why people swoon over her house- it's nice enough, but it's just a modern box on an estate. It's personal taste of course.

Reactions: 4
They're getting a snug? Do they really need another room downstairs!
She even said herself they don’t, and it looks very small (hard to tell though I know). I know she said it would have been a huge job but imo it would have been better sense to move the downstairs toilet, open up more of the kitchen and have the toilet where the snug is

She even said herself they don’t, and it looks very small (hard to tell though I know). I know she said it would have been a huge job but imo it would have been better sense to move the downstairs toilet, open up more of the kitchen and have the toilet where the snug is
[/QUOTE
Can’t believe they are spending all that money and leaving the toilet there, plus no outside door to utility 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.