Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Because he won't want to do it when he is eighteen"

I don't have an issue with how she brings up her kids. I think the way she supports Maddie's football is great and although I personally would expect my three year old to stay in his own bed it is her choice. I just find it odd that she repeats the same stuff over and over again. Her wording and saying are almost carbon copies of what she has said time and time again.

We haven't had a Lottie is the filling to our sandwich and the easiest to look after for a while.

Reactions: 7
The instastory about stressful mornings and how she always gets headaches after bad school runs etc... Sorry I just can't relate or have sympathy when she can then go about her 'work' day at a leisurely pace and doesn't have to rush to be anywhere for a certain time after it all!

Reactions: 4
I always feel a bit sorry for Lottie. I'm not going to say that she favours one or the other or that she's not a good mum, because she is. But Maddie has her football and she's very proud of her achievements (and rightly so), Wren is the only boy and her little baby. And then there's Lottie who always gets the whole 'filling to our sandwich', 'easiest of the 3', 'slots into our family' comments.

Reactions: 1
I always feel a bit sorry for Lottie. I'm not going to say that she favours one or the other or that she's not a good mum, because she is. But Maddie has her football and she's very proud of her achievements (and rightly so), Wren is the only boy and her little baby. And then there's Lottie who always gets the whole 'filling to our sandwich', 'easiest of the 3', 'slots into our family' comments.
Katie is very good at encouraging them to do stuff and in the years to come Lottie will find her thing ... be it ballet, horse riding or whatever

Reactions: 3
Haha I know yeah.
Also every morning when she posts a picture of Wren in her bed and captions it "he came in at 4am, I've had no sleep since as I had to stay in one position but I wOuLn'T ChAnGe iT FoR tHe WoRld". How about just tell him no he can't come in your bed?! No way would I go months without a proper nights sleep because a toddler wouldn't sleep in his own bed. Why can some parents not say no to their kids.
Maybe she doesn’t want to. Maybe she knows that before long he’ll be too old to get in bed for cuddles. Maybe she appreciates that he needs and wants those cuddles. Maybe she likes that he comes in. Why should she tell him no? My 2 and 7 year old come in our bed every morning and my 2 year old especially loves coming in for a cuddle. Why be so harsh? He’s 3. He’s still very young in the grand scheme of things and I don’t think children should be denied a cuddle no matter what age they are.

Reactions: 12
Maybe she doesn’t want to. Maybe she knows that before long he’ll be too old to get in bed for cuddles. Maybe she appreciates that he needs and wants those cuddles. Maybe she likes that he comes in. Why should she tell him no? My 2 and 7 year old come in our bed every morning and my 2 year old especially loves coming in for a cuddle. Why be so harsh? He’s 3. He’s still very young in the grand scheme of things and I don’t think children should be denied a cuddle no matter what age they are.
I agree with cuddling your babies ♥ of course. I just think that she is over the top nice when he keeps waking her up and she isn't sleeping because she is unable to change position or she is too hot because he is on top of her and she won't move him. Cute as a newborn but at some point you have to say no and not think that everything they do is adorable and incapable of saying no. I also feel like her children could smear poo all over the walls and she would frame it saying how wonderful it is. She is just ott nice about everything imo. Not very relatable to most.

Its not like she has work the next day though so she can catch up on her sleep that was missed.

Really! That’s a lot for what it is to me?!
I mean the area isn’t cheap but I do think they could’ve got more for their money than that, especially considering the amount of changes they’ve also spent money on now

I mean the area isn’t cheap but I do think they could’ve got more for their money than that, especially considering the amount of changes they’ve also spent money on now
They must have spent LOADS of money on all the work already so far. I know she said they had some equity but surely not enough to upgrade that much to such an expensive house and do everything they’ve done? Definitely some family money there somewhere I’m sure!

They must have spent LOADS of money on all the work already so far. I know she said they had some equity but surely not enough to upgrade that much to such an expensive house and do everything they’ve done? Definitely some family money there somewhere I’m sure!
Their previous house sold for £276k

Still find her sickly whatever she waffles on about🙄. Sorry to those that like her. She creeps me out😣

That paid THAT much on a house that they are completely renovating? That is bizarre.

Very disappointed with something I've randomly discovered- was googling 'Karndean flooring' for our kitchen/diner (we've just started work on our house after a few years of saving), went on the Karndean website and their blog section to get some inspiration... and Katie pops up having written a guest blog last year for them on using Karndean in their living room makeover. The blog then links to one of her YouTube videos showcasing the downstairs renovation. CLEARLY this flooring has been gifted, or they received a big discount for it (it's not cheap), but this isn't declared from what I can see in her video or the info under the video, it certainly isn't marked as 'AD'. She wouldn't write a blog for them out of the kindness of her heart?

I think 'fair play' for working with them, but it's another thing that might make someone feel crap about themselves, and try and afford the same thing, when they don't realise or understand that the product has been gifted. I thought she was more transparent than that. I'm very sure I've never seen her mention working with Karndean?

Links here...

I wonder how much of the rest of the downstairs was gifted i.e. expensive sofas from DFS, other furniture and not declared?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Quite shocked at that! She is usually very very transparent and straight down the line.
We have karndean in our conservatory, it's great but very pricey.

Have to say, I'm going off katie more and more. The self deprecating posts are getting too much and too regular. We know shes thankful, we know she knows these days wont last forever, we know her and john are fortunate to work from home. The constant mentions of it are excessive at the moment. All in between the big spends they do and the constant new outfits katie has.
My 7yo son plays football, hes very good and did have an opportunity to train with a premier league team. Truth be told, we had to decline due to work commitments. Me and hubby work until 5 and 530, and we have a 3yo daughter. We couldn't make the 1 hour journey there and back in time. So I particularly dislike her posts about how she just loves driving maddie to arsenal every week and how she would travel anywhere for her dreams. Reality is, we cant all do that as we aren't fortunate enough to work from home 24.7.

Reactions: 4
The way she’s posted about how she’s ‘living on the edge’ by posting an Instagram picture in the middle of the day, then fretting about whether people will see it. Such a turn off to me, I understand this is her job and the numbers are important but it just makes me cringe! It comes across as a bit desperate. Sometimes I think her true personality doesn’t always come across, she presents herself as this happy go lucky, self deprecating, funny character but her home always looks immaculate, her travel videos are seamless and must take hours to film the right shots. I actually think behind the scenes she’s probably much more of a control freak and type A personality.

Choosing the ubiquitous pepto-bismol pink insta-tiles of the moment too for the utility. Yawn

• Heart
Reactions: 2
She also uses her travel and interior pages to like her posts on Instagram when she posts an Ad.

She is very good at being everyone's online friend and just another mum who is so, so grateful for the opportunities being an influencer gives her but don't forget this is her business and her viewers are her consumers. Everything she posts is a way of drawing viewers in so that we feel we need the latest holiday, velux window or fajita kit.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.