Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I reckon this is why mummy floggers keep having more babies - for content. Once their children are at school, there isn’t much to vlog really, unless you have another particular interest. There are only so many cleaning/organising, shopping haul and meal-plan videos that a vlogger can do. Her house is almost finished too, just the kitchen and maybe bathroom left? I wonder what they will all be vloggong in a few years time when their kids are at secondary school and possibly don’t want to perform for the camera. It’s such a new’career’ (😂). We haven’t got to that stage yet with any of the current popular mummies like Emily Norris, Meldrums etc. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with them all in the future.
Absolutely this! Once they've realised they've hit their child limit, they generally try to dabble with house interiors or fashion. 🙄

Reactions: 7
They willl both be ok they seem fairly sensible and secure with money.
They said they save money from anything kids do in their bank accounts.
Her husband works outside if her industry.
She comes from affluent family.
Whilst they renovating her house interiors interesting content.
I dont think she would have another baby
They both have great photography skills she could easily get career as photographer or travel marketing i thourght she used to work for mark Warner.
I get impression shes doing pr or marketing work on the side as shes helping companies with social media.
I admire her doing the marathon and hopefully raising a bit for charity.
I dont think she needs the kids and when the time comes the kids wont appear or her social media will go private.
She seems to grasp it wont last forever and she feels so so lucky.
Yes she can come across ott emotional .
I do think shes struggling content she says it herself.
Lots have said the same.
All the mummy vloggers just copying each other and doing same old content is not cutting it anymore veiwers are bored and engagements at all time low for lots infleunecers.
Katies strength is travel and she should stick with that.
Loved the latest Vancouver vlog.
Charlotte's niche is food.

Reactions: 6
Yes, I reckon this is why mummy floggers keep having more babies - for content. Once their children are at school, there isn’t much to vlog really, unless you have another particular interest. There are only so many cleaning/organising, shopping haul and meal-plan videos that a vlogger can do. Her house is almost finished too, just the kitchen and maybe bathroom left? I wonder what they will all be vloggong in a few years time when their kids are at secondary school and possibly don’t want to perform for the camera. It’s such a new’career’ (😂). We haven’t got to that stage yet with any of the current popular mummies like Emily Norris, Meldrums etc. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with them all in the future.
I agree- I think unless you start to focus on one particular area ie become an organisational or cleaning guru then it’s like “what do I do long term?”

I hate hauls ie Poundland (although I don’t think Katie does these?), I don’t like clothing ‘hauls’ (why?!) in fact hauls of any kind, so showy-off. Don’t mind a house tour or renovation project documentation and then mentioning where are few bits have come from, but I can’t bear the constant consumption of kids clothes, adults clothes, for the purposes of a video. Most friends of mine hate these too, they’re just so narcissistic “look what I have and I’ve made a video because I think you should care too”

Reactions: 12
Her latest Instagram post, about how she’s felt like a good mum for switching off from social media and how she really needed the break. How lovely for her that she can switch off from her JOB for that length of time while the rest of us juggle taking annual leave in turns, holiday clubs, begging family members to help out. Does she realise how it makes us working normal jobs mum feel? I used to really like her I’m not sure why I’ve gone off her so much lately..

Reactions: 7
One thing that always bugs me about her travels is 'omg this is the most amazing place ever' or 'this is somewhere we've always wanted to go'. She literally says that about every single bloody place! I mean how long is your bucket list?! I also feel like she could be standing in front of a brick wall and call it the best place ever. 🤣 Considering they love travel she's hardly been to any countries tbh, she needs to try venturing to new places other than America every time. What about Asia? Africa? I'd love to see her reaction if she were to visit some of the world's wonders if she gets that excited about a beach!

Reactions: 6
One thing that always bugs me about her travels is 'omg this is the most amazing place ever' or 'this is somewhere we've always wanted to go'. She literally says that about every single bloody place! I mean how long is your bucket list?! I also feel like she could be standing in front of a brick wall and call it the best place ever. 🤣 Considering they love travel she's hardly been to any countries tbh, she needs to try venturing to new places other than America every time. What about Asia? Africa? I'd love to see her reaction if she were to visit some of the world's wonders if she gets that excited about a beach!
This is true. Also, her edits are amazing and her footage stunning, but I find myself fast forwarded the speaking bits to get to the other, I feel her narrative does become repetitive and she needs to mix that up. But otherwise, I love her travel stuff.

Reactions: 1
I don't know how she manages to take pics/videos AND use a drone whilst trying to enjoy each location??

Reactions: 3
I'm surprised the kids still let them continuously take photos and film. Must be a bit boring for them? I know my kids definitely don't like me snapping away all the time!

Which post?
Ha! I'm not going to direct you that much! But the point really I am going to make is, you can cover your tracks and your location but social media is free for anyone to post mainly, so it's inevitable someone will give away where you live / someone will see you somewhere, especially if you have 1000s of followers.

Ha! I'm not going to direct you that much! But the point really I am going to make is, you can cover your tracks and your location but social media is free for anyone to post mainly, so it's inevitable someone will give away where you live / someone will see you somewhere, especially if you have 1000s of followers.
Ah I see what you mean. I live nowhere near Cambridge so knowing their location would mean nothing to me, I just find it interesting when people with thousands of followers try and keep it private as local people must recognise the area eventually.

Oh god, on her latest IG post, does she want to fish for compliments anymore? “Don’t stroke my ego, but...”

Got to give you a boost to have a few hundred people gush about you, right?!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Looking at the before photos of the house from the Rightmove sold properties compared to how it is now I think they’ve done a really good job especially with the garden. But I do think they initially paid too much for the house compared to what they could’ve bought in a similar area for the same size property

Reactions: 3
Looking at the before photos of the house from the Rightmove sold properties compared to how it is now I think they’ve done a really good job especially with the garden. But I do think they initially paid too much for the house compared to what they could’ve bought in a similar area for the same size property
Ooh what did they pay?

Oh how we've missed the long posts about taking Maddie to football on a Tuesday. Zzzzzz

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh god, on her latest IG post, does she want to fish for compliments anymore? “Don’t stroke my ego, but...”

Got to give you a boost to have a few hundred people gush about you, right?!
I just don’t understand why these mummy vloggers want/need all this adoration from a load of strangers. It’s kind of weird. Not saying we all don’t like a compliment,bof course we do, but almost daily gushing praise 🤔 They’re generally filtered up so much that they don’t even look like themselves irl anyway. Odd.

Oh how we've missed the long posts about taking Maddie to football on a Tuesday. Zzzzzz
Haha I know yeah.
Also every morning when she posts a picture of Wren in her bed and captions it "he came in at 4am, I've had no sleep since as I had to stay in one position but I wOuLn'T ChAnGe iT FoR tHe WoRld". How about just tell him no he can't come in your bed?! No way would I go months without a proper nights sleep because a toddler wouldn't sleep in his own bed. Why can some parents not say no to their kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.