Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair I think on IG you’re bound to have similar style to other people, well known or not- their houses are similar but not identical. I know I have same tastes as some ‘big’ IG people so my home might look quite like some, but not others, it’s just trends and styles at the time 🤷🏼‍♀️ I still think that ‘snug’ is tiny and a stupid waste of room though, they would’ve been better having a big utility room, or making that snug a boot/storage/coat room maybe? Since they already have a playroom and other reception rooms. There are some nice ideas on Pinterest for them.

Reactions: 2
The house might be looking nice but you couldn’t pay me to live in that area! They overpaid for that house and the amount they’ve spent on it far exceeds the ceiling price of the house. No problem if it’s your forever home but I very much doubt this is.

Reactions: 1
I’m sorry but there houses are way too similar to me, I’ve never seen anything like it and I follow a lot of home accounts. Yeah fair enough I understand taking styles from a few different people, but they have practically the same for most things, crazy! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I can never figure out what area they live in? Its definitely close to me as she clearly goes to alot of my close by natural trusts ect but i just cant work it out. Also i agree with the house looking Instagram therefore it's going to look like a copy of at least one person s.

The house might be looking nice but you couldn’t pay me to live in that area! They overpaid for that house and the amount they’ve spent on it far exceeds the ceiling price of the house. No problem if it’s your forever home but I very much doubt this is.
Do they live in a rough area? I'm surprised! They seem very la de dah 👒 and like they'd have no idea that crime and poverty exists

I’m surprised too if it’s not a nice area- can’t imagine them choosing to live anywhere that was rough?

I swear she’s said before their town was on like a top 10 worst towns in England list or something 😂 couldn’t find it on any but I doubt it’s that bad, probably just boring.
Weird they chose to live there when really they could live anywhere.

I swear she’s said before their town was on like a top 10 worst towns in England list or something 😂 couldn’t find it on any but I doubt it’s that bad, probably just boring.
Weird they chose to live there when really they could live anywhere.
Crap towns 2 front cover!! Although it doesn’t look like that now 😂

I’ve found their house before online, it isn’t a bad area, I think she just meant it is boring. Seems quite leafy and normal from what I’ve read.

The village she lives in is attached to a town that isn’t great and hasn’t got much going on. The estate she lives in is quite nice but when I’ve visited a friend there the noise from the busy trunk road behind is quite bad. Not somewhere I’d want to live for sure, certainly not the aspirational lifestyle that her insta suggests.

I do remember her mentioning in the past that the local high school isn't the best, nor the local primary. She got a primary school in a village out of catchment and she was lucky to get them in she said. I remember being baffled at the time as I can't imagine where she lives to be anything but lovely (and posh).

Reactions: 3
I do remember her mentioning in the past that the local high school isn't the best, nor the local primary. She got a primary school in a village out of catchment and she was lucky to get them in she said. I remember being baffled at the time as I can't imagine where she lives to be anything but lovely (and posh).
how weird, as surely if this is their ‘forever home’ as they keep saying then they aren’t the kind of people to settle for a bad state secondary school?

The magic of instagram! Not lovely and definitely not posh 😊

how weird, as surely if this is their ‘forever home’ as they keep saying then they aren’t the kind of people to settle for a bad state secondary school?
I get impression her mum's wealthy.
It's common for grandparents pay or help out with private senior school fees.
Maybe that's an option they will consider.
She also has said a few times any money she's earned featuring the kids she's saving for them.
Here 5 years at private day school be around 60k each child as 12 k a year plus additional costs uniform, trips, catering costs.

I sort of get the impression her mum married into wealth, so her step dad is the one with the money.

i do remember katie saying that when her mum sold her house she gave them the money for a deposit.

I get impression her mum's wealthy.
It's common for grandparents pay or help out with private senior school fees.
Maybe that's an option they will consider.
She also has said a few times any money she's earned featuring the kids she's saving for them.
Here 5 years at private day school be around 60k each child as 12 k a year plus additional costs uniform, trips, catering costs.
that’s a lot of money for grandparents to provide though, for 3 children, although her mum’s house looks massive so they obviously have some wealth

The most local private school to her is about 17k per child per year at senior level and that’s one of the cheaper ones in the area. maybe she’s investing wisely with her instagram earnings.

I suspect they will look into scholarships for Maddie - certainly she could get a sports one.
don’t some big football clubs pay school fees if a child is talented enough? Or am I imagining that?

Surprised too they’re not in America again but I guess the kitchen is costing a bomb. You'd think they’d get bored of the states though now and do something else, they’ve been so many times...

She has defo commented on the high school issue and how the feeder school into their area isnt great.
Where we live private schools are about 4k per term. With a scholarship its 50% discounted.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.