Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Couldn’t agree more, I don’t know ANYONE in real life ie not an instagrammer, who takes so many photos/selfies who isn’t hugely vain- you HAVE to be to put yourself out there like that.

I think Katie makes great travel videos, has nice style and appears to be a good parent, but the whole humble brag thing about being so ‘awkward’ and ‘self conscious’ (you’re clearly not!) complete with soppy caption is SO irritating
👏👏👏👏
Exactly, and as another person wrote earlier, the fact that she so publicly welcomed back Rebecca Meldrum KNOWING fully well her disgusting casual racism amongst many other foolish things, glaringly shows the type of person she is. She's just another member of the other able bodied Caucasian middle class insta-mum's who give "zero f*cks on social issues", and do it all for the 'gram and for the likes.

Reactions: 7
Did she respond to @poppy120 question about it after she requested to follow her?
Yeah she did, she just said that she absolutely does not agree with anything Mrs M did or said and she agreed she handled it appalling and would tell her that. She said it’s made her rethink things in the future re Mrs M. She said her comment was merely a friendly hello and not meant to be taken the way it was but she can 100% see why it was.
Tbh I really like Katie and I still do, it was so good of her to reply bc so many of these insta mums never ever reply to messages and we had a really civilised conversation. She obviously makes an effort with her audience and she also said she never deletes anything bc she is open to constructive comments as long as they are said in the right way and likes to talk to people with other opinions

Reactions: 14
Yeah she did, she just said that she absolutely does not agree with anything Mrs M did or said and she agreed she handled it appalling and would tell her that. She said it’s made her rethink things in the future re Mrs M. She said her comment was merely a friendly hello and not meant to be taken the way it was but she can 100% see why it was.
Not questioning you whatsoever Poppy, I'm happy to hear she responded to you and engaged with you. But I call such BS on her 'merely a friendly hello'. Yeah.. sure Jan. If it made you re-think things, then why would you on eartthhhh, decide to publicly welcome her back. Pfft.

Reactions: 6
Not questioning you whatsoever Poppy, I'm happy to hear she responded to you and engaged with you. But I call such BS on her 'merely a friendly hello'. Yeah.. sure Jan. If it made you re-think things, then why would you on eartthhhh, decide to publicly welcome her back. Pfft.
Agree.

I know a lot of people really rate Katie Ellison but for me she screams of fakery.

She’s not a dopey little girl. The sickly sweet, self deprecation is really transparent.

She’s playing a game! She’s trying to stay on the right side of everyone, particularly her peers and those who “work” with her at Channel Mum. Keep everyone sweet, keep everyone on side. Don’t rock the boat,that wouldn’t be good for business.

I wish they would use their public platforms for some good in amongst all of the sponsored content that lines their pockets. If you disagree with a peer’s causal racism, call them out! I would almost even settle for distancing yourself from them (at the very least!). But going out of your way to welcome them back? You are telling society that this is acceptable and it is why these engrained behaviours never change. If you are a bit of a bigot, no worries! You won’t lose any friends. In fact you’ll be celebrated and adored. It’s so sick! I am glad that Katie’s kids are white middle class and will never have to deal with any of these prejudices! I guess that makes it pretty easy to support someone like Mrs Meldrum.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
No worries! To be fair I do fully believe she doesn’t support Mrs M and doesn’t agree with her actions etc she maybe felt pressure from her management to say something. I’m not 100% it’s as sinister as we think but then I might be wrong!

Reactions: 5
No worries! To be fair I do fully believe she doesn’t support Mrs M and doesn’t agree with her actions etc she maybe felt pressure from her management to say something. I’m not 100% it’s as sinister as we think but then I might be wrong!
Oh come on!

What, you think someone from Channel Mum had a gun to her head making her post on Meldrums photo?! 🤷🏼‍♀️🙈

Reactions: 3
Surely if she used to be a police officer she should be a bit more discreet about it? I know I wouldn't want any potential nutters I may have pissed off during my police career knowing all about my kids and my life. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Her latest story post.. begging for likes 🙄
"My last 2 pictured haven't got a lot of likes, are you all seeing them?".
How pathetic. I would seriously re-evaluate my life if 1000+ likes wasn't sufficient.. or even that I was begging for likes of perfect strangers full stop! What a sad life they lead.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Her latest story post.. begging for likes 🙄
"My last 2 pictured haven't got a lot of likes, are you all seeing them?".
How pathetic. I would seriously re-evaluate my life if 1000+ likes wasn't sufficient.. or even that I was begging for likes of perfect strangers full stop! What a sad life they lead.
Oh my god, I know, how pathetic did she sound?!!!

I laughed out loud - that is honestly so needy and literally just her sat with her begging bowl - “ Oh, well, I’ve posted this photo which I love but maybe it’s not insta-worthy but I just dunno, it’s not had many likes - is Instagram broken?! It must be broken?! I usually get far more likes from complete strangers on the internet. Why are you not ALL liking my photo?! why? Why? WHYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Grown up for duck sake woman. 🤷🏼‍♀️🙈

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
I wonder whether it’s some ill advised channel mum tactic to increase engagement. I see that lot doing this sort of thing all the time, polls in Stories asking if grid posts have been seen or not. I don’t know why you’d want to highlight the fact that some posts haven’t done as well? I wouldn’t have noticed otherwise.

Reactions: 4
Translates as "please give me attention and like me because I'm a person that needs validation from others. Also, I need to keep the engagement rates up so I can charge xyz amount of money for my adverts!"

I quite like Katie but she's annoying me a bit lately

She has deleted that story where she is begging for likes.. does she read here? Or did it hit a number that she was happy with so she stopped the begging 🤢

She said on a comment on her YouTube the other week she reads here and “mostly agree with what is said” 😴😴 there goes more falseness trying to appear sickly sweet and lovely. If she thinks anyone would believe her when she says she essentially agrees with a trash thread then she’s stupid. Also - her latest AD, can she not introduce an ad without saying how an email came into her inbox that made her just “so so excited”. Boring, predictable yet again!

Did anyone else find her latest ad video with Wagamama really, REAAALLY boring and badly done? It was done really well in terms of the effort that she put in, you could see that she had taken her time with it BUT it just felt like one big long boring ad about Wagamamas, it wasn't a couple of minutes in the restaurant, it was just her gushing about how much she loves the brand and then boring info about the food for 10 minutes. Then the kids making vegetable faces. She really needs to inject character into her videos imo. I would not go Wagas based on that video, I would go to sleep.

• Haha
The way she talks to Jon and Wren drives me INSANE! She talks to Jon like he's one of the kids, even when it's just the two of them working in the office. And everything is followed with "aren't we Jon?, don't we Jon?, didn't we Jon?"

Hard to explain on here but it's the voice, the repetition, just bugs the hell out of me [emoji23]
Omg this!! I was wondering why I've never seen anyone mention the 'didnt we jon, don't we jon, aren't we jon' - it's crazily annoying and puts me off the videos. I had to stop watching some of the Florida ones because it was driving me mad

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.