Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone see her ring that looks the exact same as Rebecca Meldrum necklace that she got sent? She didn’t tag it as gifted

She's creepy, end of. I don't watch her anymore. Nobody is that saintly👼👼. She freaks me out with her sickly ways🤢

Reactions: 6
I rarely watch her videos but I’ve noticed that she talks like she’s drowsy/numb after a dentist visit. It puts me right off 🙈

I’ve just watched her latest video.....if you took a shot for every time she says ‘like’ you’d definitely be dead 50 times over!!

Reactions: 4
I’ve just watched her latest video.....if you took a shot for every time she says ‘like’ you’d definitely be dead 50 times over!!
I was just, like, coming on, like, to, like, say the, like, like, exact same thing!!
How annoying and over the top was it! It was really distracting!

Reactions: 2
Omg this!! I was wondering why I've never seen anyone mention the 'didnt we jon, don't we jon, aren't we jon' - it's crazily annoying and puts me off the videos. I had to stop watching some of the Florida ones because it was driving me mad
It reminds me of the Mrs Merton character who always talked over her husband ‘don’t we Roy’ ‘no we didn’t Roy’!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Did anyone else find her latest ad video with Wagamama really, REAAALLY boring and badly done? It was done really well in terms of the effort that she put in, you could see that she had taken her time with it BUT it just felt like one big long boring ad about Wagamamas, it wasn't a couple of minutes in the restaurant, it was just her gushing about how much she loves the brand and then boring info about the food for 10 minutes. Then the kids making vegetable faces. She really needs to inject character into her videos imo. I would not go Wagas based on that video, I would go to sleep.
I quite likes it to be honest...

Reactions: 1
Well low and behold Katie is working with next regarding her running the London marathon.

Reactions: 3
Oh my gosh, remember how I said before Jon contorts his facial expression in pictures to look like this 🥴 emoji! Check out Katie’s most recent post! He’s back to doing his weird expression again 🙈🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m always a bit torn on Katie. She seems like such a lovely person but I just can’t get on board with how totally consumerist she is (she’s definitely not the only one - so many of them are). Her recent house tour video really highlighted it to me. She has so much stuff and it’s like she’s always wanting to move onto the next project and has to buy the best of the best, usually focused just on looks. E.g. in her house tour she explained how she loved the look of her sofas but they’re not really comfy 🤷🏽‍♀️ I think she’s a nice person but just promotes buying buying buying.

Reactions: 5
See
I’m always a bit torn on Katie. She seems like such a lovely person but I just can’t get on board with how totally consumerist she is (she’s definitely not the only one - so many of them are). Her recent house tour video really highlighted it to me. She has so much stuff and it’s like she’s always wanting to move onto the next project and has to buy the best of the best, usually focused just on looks. E.g. in her house tour she explained how she loved the look of her sofas but they’re not really comfy 🤷🏽‍♀️ I think she’s a nice person but just promotes buying buying buying.
I’m the opposite.
I think the entire “oh I’m such a lovely normal mum, never say boo to a goose” thing is just a very clever act.
It completely grates on me. I just don’t buy it.
I think her content is done well, she obviously puts time and effort into what she does - not taking that away from her.
But her, as she comes across on video, nope, not my cup of tea.

I think one of the reason my interest in the majority of these “ instamums” is waning is due to this high level of consumerism. For me, it goes against more interesting and deep topics such as recycling , reusing, shopping from your own wardrobe etc. I understand that they want to earn money from advertising new products but for me, it’s just absolutely vacuous drivel and the lack of awareness surrounding “ real “ issues is so disappointing. I literally cannot get my head round so many woman who watch cleaning videos and shopping videos. These woman have this platform and choose to use it filming cleaning out their kitchen cupboards! Honestly 😐

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She annoys me with that bloody fake lawn, she obviously doesn't give a f*ck about protecting the wildlife as long as it looks good like her boring Ideal Homes decor😡

• Heart
I think one of the reason my interest in the majority of these “ instamums” is waning is due to this high level of consumerism. For me, it goes against more interesting and deep topics such as recycling , reusing, shopping from your own wardrobe etc. I understand that they want to earn money from advertising new products but for me, it’s just absolutely vacuous drivel and the lack of awareness surrounding “ real “ issues is so disappointing.
Totally this (about pretty much all of them) 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Heart
I think one of the reason my interest in the majority of these “ instamums” is waning is due to this high level of consumerism. For me, it goes against more interesting and deep topics such as recycling , reusing, shopping from your own wardrobe etc. I understand that they want to earn money from advertising new products but for me, it’s just absolutely vacuous drivel and the lack of awareness surrounding “ real “ issues is so disappointing. I literally cannot get my head round so many woman who watch cleaning videos and shopping videos. These woman have this platform and choose to use it filming cleaning out their kitchen cupboards! Honestly 😐
I completely agree!!! I just cannot stand those endless home bargains and Poundland hauls. Those influencers do nothing else but promote wasteful lifestyle that does nothing good for the planet. I can't stop giggling to myself at all the grocery hauls, where the influencers try to budget and save on food, choose cheaper (often unhealthy) products and go for the convenience food (including premade, packaged in plastic potato mash - howling at this one). And then few days later, they splurge on plastic tat in Poundland - as it was such a great bargain for random crap that they don't even need or will never use - or excessive cleaning products again covered in plastic and made of ingredients that cannot be pronounced. How can you possibly save on feeding your body nutritious and reviving food and instead choose to waste your money on crap from Poundland? Consumerism at its best!!!!

This does not necessarily apply to Katie as I don't think she does hauls from pound shops, but there are plenty of other plastic tat hoarders out there not having a clue about conscious and minimal living.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.