Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The kitchen is 100% not gifted, maybe floors tiling appliances etc could be. I think being skint is her perception, I follow some very nice expensive home accounts whilst I do enjoy looking at them they made me feel skint as I could never afford anything like that. But when I look at. The wider picture I am doing all right. Katie went to public school where most of the parents were extremely rich so compared to them she may feel poor.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Ok, thanks I always thought it was a weird title 'mummy daddy and me makes three', especially after she had a fourth child.
She has 3 children? lol

The kitchen is 100% not gifted, maybe floors tiling appliances etc could be. I think being skint is her perception, I follow some very nice expensive home accounts whilst I do enjoy looking at them they made me feel skint as I could never afford anything like that. But when I look at. The wider picture I am doing all right. Katie went to public school where most of the parents were extremely rich so compared to them she may feel poor.
My ex would plead poverty and being skint each month - they believed if they had less than £200 in their bank at the end of the month, they were broke. Everyone has a different interpretation of being skint.

She has 3 children? lol

My ex would plead poverty and being skint each month - they believed if they had less than £200 in their bank at the end of the month, they were broke. Everyone has a different interpretation of being skint.
I agree that perceptions of being skint are all different, but most don’t have a public audience. This needs to be taken into account when you’re pleading poverty

I don't think she understands what it's like to have to budget or sacrifice. To me, they seem to have everything they want, and haven't had to wait long in their lives to get it at all. They do things on a whim or at the last minute, because they have financial flexibility - eg: "Oh, we're moving house! We weren't planning to but we just decided to any way!"

By the looks of it, their cash flow is very good. I would like to see more transparency about how they fund their lifestyle, and some honesty and acknowledgement that they are not just like every other family. Otherwise it's selling an unrealistic lifestyle that will just never exist for the average family.

I also wonder with all the once in a lifetime road trip holidays, whether a large amount of that can be claimed as expenses, therefore making it much cheaper? I don't know a lot about taxes so not really sure if it works like that.

Reactions: 4
I don't think she understands what it's like to have to budget or sacrifice. To me, they seem to have everything they want, and haven't had to wait long in their lives to get it at all. They do things on a whim or at the last minute, because they have financial flexibility - eg: "Oh, we're moving house! We weren't planning to but we just decided to any way!"

By the looks of it, their cash flow is very good. I would like to see more transparency about how they fund their lifestyle, and some honesty and acknowledgement that they are not just like every other family. Otherwise it's selling an unrealistic lifestyle that will just never exist for the average family.

I also wonder with all the once in a lifetime road trip holidays, whether a large amount of that can be claimed as expenses, therefore making it much cheaper? I don't know a lot about taxes so not really sure if it works like that.
I think you're right, they definitely don't have to budget, you can tell by the large kids clothing hauls from Zara,. Also the fact that they don't do a proper weekly shop and just nip to Tesco all the time. When they do vlogmas and you see their everyday lives, they spend money every day

Just thinking out loud here, but I reckon Katie is a bit like Brummy here - she is not sure exactly what her content is and who her audience is.

Exactly, parts of the kitchen will be gifted but the costly part will be the garage conversion. It's unlikely that will be gifted, I don't think contractors tend to "gift" entire projects.

Reactions: 1
She needs to be careful as they obviously have a very nice lifestyle and are financially secure. They have every right to spend it how they like, be that holidays and home renovations but she also has to see that this does lead people to believe that she isn't relatable and therefore people will unfollow.

Reactions: 7
I know she is a bit marmite etc but i do love her travel vlogs! Compared to other vloggers, i always want to go where she has been. I have been influenced 😂

Reactions: 8
Yes I agree, I really like her travel content! They do a lot of sight seeing and she gives a lot of useful info

Reactions: 3
She does do excellent travel vlogs I’ll give her that and they must take a lot of work. She should definitely move into this line of work for travel companies and ditch the IG rubbish.

She does do excellent travel vlogs I’ll give her that and they must take a lot of work. She should definitely move into this line of work for travel companies and ditch the IG rubbish.
Definitely this. She doesn’t even seem as if she enjoys doing the Insta stuff, she often looks ill at ease and unsure of herself whereas her travel vlogs are so professional.

Does anyone else think that Katie has just become waaaaaay more dull and boring to watch/follow recently? She used to be one of my favourite vloggers/bloggers and to give her credit she always replies and is quite transparent but I just find myself skipping past her stories now. She’s needs a shake up with her content but not sure what 🤔
Yes, I reckon this is why mummy floggers keep having more babies - for content. Once their children are at school, there isn’t much to vlog really, unless you have another particular interest. There are only so many cleaning/organising, shopping haul and meal-plan videos that a vlogger can do. Her house is almost finished too, just the kitchen and maybe bathroom left? I wonder what they will all be vloggong in a few years time when their kids are at secondary school and possibly don’t want to perform for the camera. It’s such a new’career’ (😂). We haven’t got to that stage yet with any of the current popular mummies like Emily Norris, Meldrums etc. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with them all in the future.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.