Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well fancy that! Also, if this turns out to be their “forever home” I’ll eat my hat. 🙄🙄
Totally agree! They'll get a massive house at some point. I think it would be refreshing if she didn't, as her home is lovely, even though some of her decor is questionable (teeny tiny bathroom sink).

Totally agree! They'll get a massive house at some point. I think it would be refreshing if she didn't, as her home is lovely, even though some of her decor is questionable (teeny tiny bathroom sink).
I dunno, I don't see them moving any time soon- they don't have any reason to surely?! The house is big and she's talked about converting the garage/doing the loft at some point in the future?

Reactions: 1
I’ve gone off her a bit lately, I just feel that she’s maybe a bit out of touch with the average family of 5.I’m so envious of her holidays I find myself being upset by looking at her photos. I’d love to have her holidays and get my house done up all as quick as they have, and I’m so jealous! It probably says more about me than her and It’s not a criticism of her but I just find her content has more of a negative effect on me than a positive lately.
This is how I feel too. I just can't even imagine how it would feel to have those opportunities, I can't help but be envious and feel negatively towards the account as it's so so very out of my reach

Reactions: 4
She has sent the kids have meltdowns and Maddie especially drives her mad sometimes but she just doesn’t film or share it. If I was a vlogger I wouldn’t film/publish my kids having a tantrum / bollocking either.
I wouldn't film my kid's on You Tube at all. 🤔. Maybe the rave thread would be more appropriate for you then.

Reactions: 2
I think she will go for something super sleek and modern gloss units and quartz or marble tops.

I do wonder if she sometimes says that they have to save/wait/remortgage etc to come across as more relatable when it’s not necessarily true

Reactions: 7
Totally agree re their house, although she does the 'we are so so fortunate' line to death, she also says a lot that they can't replace all the doors at one because of cost, or they can't do xyz because of cost but then have a big 2 week holiday....

We went without a holiday abroad last year because we saved to renovate our downstairs. Annoys me when these vloggers pretend they're saving so hard and it's nothing like it is for the majority of us.

Anyone watch laura Byrne? She got herself a basically gifted bathroom, still whinged and cried about it being done because they gifted her the wrong bloody shower head...heaven forbid when your freebie is wrong. Then had a rant about how they have saved SO HARD for this bathroom.....well you haven't, one because its majority gifted and two, you went on holiday to Disneyland Paris and are currently on a Dubai holiday. Plus she is the most excessive purchaser of kids clothes ever, its actually ridiculous. So I struggle to see how she saved so hard at all. X

Reactions: 9
She seems like a nice enough person and I do think her vlogs are beautifully edited especially her travel ones, but is it just me or does she extremely baby her youngest? I know all children develop at different rates but he's 3 and will be about to start school this time next year won't he? Yet I wouldn't say his speech and language skills are particularly great (his words are fairly clear but he doesn't seem to string too many words together or hold much of a conversation), he's still in nappies and it seems to be a massive deal that he's gone to sleep in his bed for a few nights without anybody being there. By that age things like staying in their own bed and going to sleep by themselves are just behavioural. I know we don't see everything so we don't know if there has been unsuccessful potty training attempts or she has more conversations with him, but I just get the feeling she doesn't want to accept that he's not a baby or even a toddler anymore and is starting to become a little boy.

She seems like a nice enough person and I do think her vlogs are beautifully edited especially her travel ones, but is it just me or does she extremely baby her youngest? I know all children develop at different rates but he's 3 and will be about to start school this time next year won't he? Yet I wouldn't say his speech and language skills are particularly great (his words are fairly clear but he doesn't seem to string too many words together or hold much of a conversation), he's still in nappies and it seems to be a massive deal that he's gone to sleep in his bed for a few nights without anybody being there. By that age things like staying in their own bed and going to sleep by themselves are just behavioural. I know we don't see everything so we don't know if there has been unsuccessful potty training attempts or she has more conversations with him, but I just get the feeling she doesn't want to accept that he's not a baby or even a toddler anymore and is starting to become a little boy.
This seems to be a massive theme for a lot of these women. Trying to keep one or all of their kids “toddler like” for as long as possible.

Mrs Meldrum treats all her kids like babies - the 2 year old, 4 year old and 8 year old all have the exact same portion of dinner to eat/same 7.30pm bedtime. She sends the 4 & 8 year old to the same activities- all suitable for the younger one.

This seems to be a massive theme for a lot of these women. Trying to keep one or all of their kids “toddler like” for as long as possible.

Mrs Meldrum treats all her kids like babies - the 2 year old, 4 year old and 8 year old all have the exact same portion of dinner to eat/same 7.30pm bedtime. She sends the 4 & 8 year old to the same activities- all suitable for the younger one.
I suppose toddlers and small children are more profitable? So when they're no longer going to have anymore babies they have to keep their youngest bringing the money in for as long as possible! I still cannot quite comprehend that Mrs Meldrum's eldest is nearly 8 by the way she's treated! She doesn't seem to have school friends round for tea and playing or go round to friends very often at all. Only seems to be meeting up with her friends and their children who are all sort of in the 2-5 year old bracket.

I just think it's quite sad, personally I think the baby and toddler stages are lovely (and challenging!) and yes there's some nostalgia there, but I think in many ways it's even more lovely to get to watch them grow up and learn new things and become their own people. I'm not suggesting she should be making her 3 year old fill in maths worksheets or anything, just that maybe it's time to leave the baby/toddler things behind. Like get rid of the nappies and stop with the baby talk and treat him like a little boy who has a year until he goes to school!

It's the only bit I don't like about Katie is when she talks to Wren ... 'yaaaaaaayyyyy, dat was really fun wasn't it' :sick in mouth:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I suppose toddlers and small children are more profitable? So when they're no longer going to have anymore babies they have to keep their youngest bringing the money in for as long as possible! I still cannot quite comprehend that Mrs Meldrum's eldest is nearly 8 by the way she's treated! She doesn't seem to have school friends round for tea and playing or go round to friends very often at all. Only seems to be meeting up with her friends and their children who are all sort of in the 2-5 year old bracket.

I just think it's quite sad, personally I think the baby and toddler stages are lovely (and challenging!) and yes there's some nostalgia there, but I think in many ways it's even more lovely to get to watch them grow up and learn new things and become their own people. I'm not suggesting she should be making her 3 year old fill in maths worksheets or anything, just that maybe it's time to leave the baby/toddler things behind. Like get rid of the nappies and stop with the baby talk and treat him like a little boy who has a year until he goes to school!
The baby talk she does with him is ridiculous, it annoys me😂

I think she’s actually like this with Lottie too. Maddie is only 2 years older but was doing much ‘older’ things at 6 than what Lottie is doing now, and Maddie seems to be treated more ‘her age’ with her sports and academically, where as Lottie seems WAY behind and doesn’t seem like she is encouraged in the same way, talks very babyish for 6. She’s a sweetie, but I always think of her as being more like 4 or something.

I think she’s actually like this with Lottie too. Maddie is only 2 years older but was doing much ‘older’ things at 6 than what Lottie is doing now, and Maddie seems to be treated more ‘her age’ with her sports and academically, where as Lottie seems WAY behind and doesn’t seem like she is encouraged in the same way, talks very babyish for 6. She’s a sweetie, but I always think of her as being more like 4 or something.
I watched something earlier and actually thought that about her speech, it's not really how I'd expect a 6 year old to speak, she is very sweet though. In one of her videos they were at the supermarket and she was all Wren can you get one two three apples all very sing song, why can't she just ask him to get her three apples in a normal voice, she can always help him count if he needs it. But I think this is what annoys me with a lot of them, they don't seem to want to give their children opportunities to test there abilities to see what they can do by themselves and therefore learn (although tbf from what I've seen in real life it's not just restricted to the world of IG and youtube)

I don't really think it is fair to be calling her children way behind. I don't like the pretending to be relatable and all the 'I don't know when we'll be able to afford to do up the rest of the house' and then suddenly it is done as well as several holidays of a life time a year but I think they do an excellent job of bringing up their children. I expect Maddie is a a quick learner and advanced whilst Lottie although quieter and a little shy is more than capable. I expect the artistic one of the two sisters. She is great at drawing and dancing. She is only 6.

Reactions: 9
I don't really think it is fair to be calling her children way behind. I don't like the pretending to be relatable and all the 'I don't know when we'll be able to afford to do up the rest of the house' and then suddenly it is done as well as several holidays of a life time a year but I think they do an excellent job of bringing up their children. I expect Maddie is a a quick learner and advanced whilst Lottie although quieter and a little shy is more than capable. I expect the artistic one of the two sisters. She is great at drawing and dancing. She is only 6.
Oh I agree that she is only 6 and she does seem very sweet, and I completely understand that we don't see everything. And you are correct that Katie has mentioned before about her being shy so maybe this is a reason why she doesn't appear as old with her speech and it may be a confidence thing. Perhaps my wording was a bit harsh, and there are things I really like about the way she's bringing up her children (like not making them conform to gender stereotypes) and I think you can see how much she loves and adores her children and the long trips with Maddie for football, something she loves, show this. I definitely don't think they are way behind, and they do all seem happy and loved from what we see. However, I do stand by my point that she does seem to still do a LOT of baby talk and she does baby Wren. In my opinion, and it is just that, at nearly 3 and a half and going to school in a year, a child should be able to hold a fairly decent conversation and doesn't really need to be in nappies in the day unless there are underlying medical reasons for these. Obviously to a certain extent choices are up to parents on how they raise their children but whether they want to be or not, due to the position these influencers have put themselves in (especially with being a part of CM) they are seen as people to "look up to" in regards to parenting, and when they choose to share certain things with thousands of people they are opening themselves up to criticism, like for example, the sleeping in his own bed posts.

I do agree with Betty that this seems to be a theme with a lot of these influencers that they baby their children a lot, so it's definitely not just Katie, and in the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world, however choose to put your whole life online, then these things are open to debate 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Oh I agree that she is only 6 and she does seem very sweet, and I completely understand that we don't see everything. And you are correct that Katie has mentioned before about her being shy so maybe this is a reason why she doesn't appear as old with her speech and it may be a confidence thing. Perhaps my wording was a bit harsh, and there are things I really like about the way she's bringing up her children (like not making them conform to gender stereotypes) and I think you can see how much she loves and adores her children and the long trips with Maddie for football, something she loves, show this. I definitely don't think they are way behind, and they do all seem happy and loved from what we see. However, I do stand by my point that she does seem to still do a LOT of baby talk and she does baby Wren. In my opinion, and it is just that, at nearly 3 and a half and going to school in a year, a child should be able to hold a fairly decent conversation and doesn't really need to be in nappies in the day unless there are underlying medical reasons for these. Obviously to a certain extent choices are up to parents on how they raise their children but whether they want to be or not, due to the position these influencers have put themselves in (especially with being a part of CM) they are seen as people to "look up to" in regards to parenting, and when they choose to share certain things with thousands of people they are opening themselves up to criticism, like for example, the sleeping in his own bed posts.

I do agree with Betty that this seems to be a theme with a lot of these influencers that they baby their children a lot, so it's definitely not just Katie, and in the grand scheme of things it's not the end of the world, however choose to put your whole life online, then these things are open to debate 🤷‍♀️
This ☝🏻 I do think they’re loving parents but I still do think the girls are treated differently and maybe that’s what I meant when I said Lottie (and Wren) seemed ‘behind’. Maybe not in the overall scheme of things and other children but with how they treat Maddie in comparison. People feature their children so open to scrutiny I’m afraid 🤷🏼‍♀️

This ☝🏻 I do think they’re loving parents but I still do think the girls are treated differently and maybe that’s what I meant when I said Lottie (and Wren) seemed ‘behind’. Maybe not in the overall scheme of things and other children but with how they treat Maddie in comparison. People feature their children so open to scrutiny I’m afraid 🤷🏼‍♀️
Maddie seems very mature for her age, she is very bright and confident, I think she is about the same age as Meldrums eldest .Lottie is quieter and quite shy so maybe on film Katie doesn’t want to push on camera ,plus Maddie does the speaking for her 😄 Wren is too old to be in nappies I hadn’t noticed this, but I know Katie has said she wouldn’t put anything out there that would embarrass her children so who knows what is going on behind closed doors.

Think Kitchen is imminent 😜

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.