Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else think that Katie has just become waaaaaay more dull and boring to watch/follow recently? She used to be one of my favourite vloggers/bloggers and to give her credit she always replies and is quite transparent but I just find myself skipping past her stories now. She’s needs a shake up with her content but not sure what 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone else think that Katie has just become waaaaaay more dull and boring to watch/follow recently? She used to be one of my favourite vloggers/bloggers and to give her credit she always replies and is quite transparent but I just find myself skipping past her stories now. She’s needs a shake up with her content but not sure what 🤔
Totally agree👏👏

Yes I agree. I find the humble brag act she puts on annoying. ‘Oh it’s going to be awhile before we can afford our kitchen’ and yet they have several massively expensive holidays a year, and I would bet the kitchen will be done in a matter of months. It feels very patronising to me. Saving for a kitchen to me means beans on toast night after night, no holidays, my kids giving up their swimming lessons... I would just rather she didn’t ham up the whole ‘we’re just the average family’ act because they clearly have a lot more money than most families of five. I just wish they wouldn’t mention it at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes, this is why I stopped following. The 'just like you' act doesn't wash with me. Admit that you got a great Ad deal or that a video got so many views you were able to pay for such and such but they can't do that because viewers would work out that they are being used.

When I followed she was fabulous at replying and really quickly sometimes too. I did wonder how she did this when she has three children to look after. Mrs Meldrum has implied that a lot of influencers don't actually reply themselves and I wonder if Katie is one of them? Emily Norris is another who always replied. Again I now suspect it is actually someone else from Channel Mum or an assistant replying on their behalf.

Reactions: 1
It is absolutely the “ humble brag “ that is becoming unbearable to watch. Whether it’s intentional or not, it comes across and patronising. She should own the fact they work hard and can afford nice things.

Reactions: 6
Yes, this is why I stopped following. The 'just like you' act doesn't wash with me. Admit that you got a great Ad deal or that a video got so many views you were able to pay for such and such but they can't do that because viewers would work out that they are being used.

When I followed she was fabulous at replying and really quickly sometimes too. I did wonder how she did this when she has three children to look after. Mrs Meldrum has implied that a lot of influencers don't actually reply themselves and I wonder if Katie is one of them? Emily Norris is another who always replied. Again I now suspect it is actually someone else from Channel Mum or an assistant replying on their behalf.
I assume that she gets a lot of the same questions so copying and pasting a prewritten response with a slight edit would quicken the process up.

Yes I agree. I find the humble brag act she puts on annoying. ‘Oh it’s going to be awhile before we can afford our kitchen’ and yet they have several massively expensive holidays a year, and I would bet the kitchen will be done in a matter of months. It feels very patronising to me. Saving for a kitchen to me means beans on toast night after night, no holidays, my kids giving up their swimming lessons... I would just rather she didn’t ham up the whole ‘we’re just the average family’ act because they clearly have a lot more money than most families of five. I just wish they wouldn’t mention it at all.
Yep. I posted something similar a page or so back. These vloggers have no idea what saving hard is. Then they preach that they're so proud they have saved for their bathroom etc when half the items are gifted and they're still going on 2plus holidays a year.
I feel like katie should drop that aspect, because try as she might, she isnt relatable in that sense. Her and Jon are clearly very comfortable finance wise, and kudos to them for that. But trying to imply that they're saving so hard when booking their next 2 week road trip isnt relatable at all.
I dont watch her as much as I used to anymore, as much as I like her I just cant relate x

Reactions: 9
I can almost understand the 'so, so grateful' for the free holidays, gifted bath and sink, freebie sportswear but to be so, so grateful to live in a time where you can pick up a camera to take a photo. What's that all about?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Agree with all these comments - their recent holiday to Canada/USA was over 2 weeks long and paying for 5 plane tickets in itself can’t have been cheap (and she did say they paid for this holiday themselves) I can’t help but think why not forfeit the big summer holiday this year and put the money towards the kitchen refurb that she keeps going on about wanting?!

Reactions: 2
Agree with all these comments - their recent holiday to Canada/USA was over 2 weeks long and paying for 5 plane tickets in itself can’t have been cheap (and she did say they paid for this holiday themselves) I can’t help but think why not forfeit the big summer holiday this year and put the money towards the kitchen refurb that she keeps going on about wanting?!
Greed and wanting everything and NOW

• Heart
Greed and wanting everything and NOW
Exactly this!
I totally understand the desire to show your kids the world (carbon footprint aside). I would love to take these trips but never at the expense of slapping £75k+ to my mortgage. She'll have to pay for it all eventually. Influencers have a shelf life!

Gotta keep that content rolling in ...

I also struggle to understand if you are apparently saving to do any kind of renovation or house improvement why you'd go on such a big holiday. Again, I do get the desire to show your kids the world, however it's America (again) not Asia or Africa etc. as in there is some cultural differences of course, but apart from everything being bigger it's not that dissimilar from the UK. Not to mention the fact that they've done the whole California road trip etc. They would probably gain the same amount, if not more, from a holiday in France, for example - the ferry or tunnel and camping would be much cheaper, there's things like a different language to be exposed to and would also mean that the kids would have much less time stuck in a car travelling every couple of days.

Reactions: 7
I also struggle to understand if you are apparently saving to do any kind of renovation or house improvement why you'd go on such a big holiday. Again, I do get the desire to show your kids the world, however it's America (again) not Asia or Africa etc. as in there is some cultural differences of course, but apart from everything being bigger it's not that dissimilar from the UK. Not to mention the fact that they've done the whole California road trip etc. They would probably gain the same amount, if not more, from a holiday in France, for example - the ferry or tunnel and camping would be much cheaper, there's things like a different language to be exposed to and would also mean that the kids would have much less time stuck in a car travelling every couple of days.

Because they aren’t financially struggling. At all!

It’s all just a big game of smoke & mirrors.

She’s clearly from a wealthy family - just look at the vast amount of land she shows in the footage from her parents/grandparents property. It’s vast. You are talking millions of pounds worth of square footage. There is plenty of money there!!!

Her husband is clearly in a well paid job. She obviously gets paid well doing this whole “influencer” shtick.

They go on multiple far flung holidays that will be costing a fortune - because they can easily afford them.
They plan renovations to their home - because they can easily afford them.

I think it’s blindly obvious how financially comfortable they are and how this whole “Oh we are so skint, have to save up for this now” is nothing more than her way of keeping the less well off minions onside.

Reactions: 11

She’s clearly from a wealthy family - just look at the vast amount of land she shows in the footage from her parents/grandparents property. It’s vast. You are talking millions of pounds worth of square footage. There is plenty of money there!!!

Her husband is clearly in a well paid job. She obviously gets paid well doing this whole “influencer” shtick.

They go on multiple far flung holidays that will be costing a fortune - because they can easily afford them.

I think it’s blindly obvious how financially comfortable they are and how this whole “Oh we are so skint, have to save up for this now” is nothing more than her way of keeping the less well off minions onside.
Couldn’t agree with this more. Everything you said is spot on!

Reactions: 4

I agree with this and I actually wish they’d ‘fess up and go ‘we’ve done well in our respective jobs and enjoying the cash’. I actually think that’s more relatable than pretending to be skint.

Reactions: 9
I have started saving before for house things and then blown them on a holiday, but that’s because going away on holiday is the only real time that we get to spend quality time all together due to shift work etc. I get fed up at having no time together so I choose a holiday. I’ll still complain I need a new kitchen 🤣 however they don’t have that excuse because they are together all day every day. I do like her though, I find her different in many ways from the “others”

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.