Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair we are a family of 6 and we get offered a lot from people to take our photos we normally say no as its weird but did except in Disney a couple of times. We do get it a lot though so I do believe her
I think maybe our family of 6 just aren't attractive then!!!

Reactions: 2
Who thinks the kitchen transformation is being done whilst they are away ???
Yes - after saying for ages they wouldn’t be doing the kitchen for years, then turns out they are remortgaging the house to get it done now, it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s currently happening whilst their away. She really boils my piss, saying they wouldn’t be able to afford to do xyz for years and low and behold a few weeks later it’s done. The house isn’t falling apart love, it’s more than fine, stop trying to do everything so fast.

Reactions: 4
Why would you go away on such an expensive holiday if you have to remortgage to redo the kitchen? What’s wrong with people. They haven’t even lived in the house that long to remortgage, it’s crazy.
Personally speaking i’d of done the kitchen first. They didn’t need to do the garden or put that stupid glass box extension onto the house.

Reactions: 7
Why would you go away on such an expensive holiday if you have to remortgage to redo the kitchen? What’s wrong with people. They haven’t even lived in the house that long to remortgage, it’s crazy.
Personally speaking i’d of done the kitchen first. They didn’t need to do the garden or put that stupid glass box extension onto the house.
Completely agree!!! I'd rather go without a holiday for a year or 2 than remortgage to do up my kitchen! Priorities seem very skewed

Reactions: 3
She's just a great big bloody show off really and pretends she's all coy and demure and doesn't like bragging.... yeah, whatever🙄

Reactions: 6
She's just a great big bloody show off really and pretends she's all coy and demure and doesn't like bragging.... yeah, whatever🙄
Have to agree, she's just good at pretending she's sooo sweet but yeah she knows what she's doing 🙄

THIS!!!

It's all just faux humility. Oh we'll do it all in time, as this is our forever home.
I hate that these people set an example. How people will get themselves into debt imitating these influencers?!

One thing I will say is Katie has been honest about the fact she is remortgaging to pay for the work. She's not pretending that renovating is cheap. I just hate that this will make people feel they need to spend money they don't have, to keep up with Jones's.

Who thinks the kitchen transformation is being done whilst they are away ???
See, I don’t think it is. A kitchen project like that is huge and I’m sure she would’ve shown them packing up kitchen/utility room etc before going away if this was the case, she’s always shown the run up and beginning of renovations before I think?

They went on holiday to Dubai and then immediately moved house straight after without mentioning that they were thinking of moving or showing them packing up beforehand so nothing would surprise me.

They don't live in the real work just like most of these insta /youtube families.

They went on holiday to Dubai and then immediately moved house straight after without mentioning that they were thinking of moving or showing them packing up beforehand so nothing would surprise me.

They don't live in the real work just like most of these insta /youtube families.
Nah they definitely talked about moving and getting ready to move, it just happened quicker than they expected I think so there wasn’t a big build up

I'm sorry for those that love her, but they remind me of some sugary sweet tv show family, all fun, fairies and glittery tit. Nah, not for me, they are too perfect and unbelievable. Each to their own I suppose🤮🤮

Reactions: 5
It's the idyllic lifestyle she tries to portray that annoys me. She's like bloody Mary Poppins🙄. She never gets angry with the kids, which I don't believe for one minute. It's all "this little one has had a huge meltdown, but he's calmed down now and I'm enjoying cuddles" or Maddie has been sent to her room for being naughty, but she's fine now, we're having cuddles"😝😝. I just can't deal with the false sugary life she puts out on her Insta. Surely she's not that nice, is she? Or am I just someone who gets hacked off easily😂😂😂. She's up there with Florence Nightingale, Mother Teresa and bloody Goody Two Shoes🤢
She has sent the kids have meltdowns and Maddie especially drives her mad sometimes but she just doesn’t film or share it. If I was a vlogger I wouldn’t film/publish my kids having a tantrum / bollocking either.

Oh katie! I am so disappointed! I thought we were in for a full Canadian holiday and was so looking forward to seeing that, but they are off again to the USA. Isn’t that their more recent 3 holidays in USA then? (NYC, Florida now this one?)

I like Katie a lot, but I really do think they have done America to death now. Try somewhere new! For longer than a few days...
I think that’s a bit unfair! If she’s paying for it surely she can holiday where she likes! And it’s not your typical USA holiday, I’ve really enjoyed seeing parts of America I’m unlikely to see in person, I think she does travel really well. The Brady bunch image she portrays is grating yes, but I don’t think you can slate her for holidaying where they want to go!

Reactions: 7
What style do we think the kitchen will be? I'm going for dark navy with white work tops like all the Insta people seem to have now *yawn* Place your bets people...

I think that’s a bit unfair! If she’s paying for it surely she can holiday where she likes! And it’s not your typical USA holiday, I’ve really enjoyed seeing parts of America I’m unlikely to see in person, I think she does travel really well. The Brady bunch image she portrays is grating yes, but I don’t think you can slate her for holidaying where they want to go!
Oh I agree she can go where she likes it is her money. she just talks about exploring and travelling so much, and they do a great job of going off the beaten track, I just thought this would be a non American holiday at the start. They are there so much, I feel like she plays it a bit safe and she’d love so many other places if she gave them a chance.

Edit: I think this issue is actually more to do with my dislike of going back to countries again and again. We go to a new country each holiday as there is just so much out there, we want to see as many places and cultures as possible.

I’ve gone off her a bit lately, I just feel that she’s maybe a bit out of touch with the average family of 5.I’m so envious of her holidays I find myself being upset by looking at her photos. I’d love to have her holidays and get my house done up all as quick as they have, and I’m so jealous! It probably says more about me than her and It’s not a criticism of her but I just find her content has more of a negative effect on me than a positive lately.

Reactions: 12

I think the way they did it was sensible..
The Meldrums said their house was on the market then people saw her house and full postal address on Aberdeen council website as she only part owned it.
Then they showed video of new house which was easily identifiable as the murder mansion so fans knew the location of old and new house.
The Ellison owned but would have been on right move and Zoopla.
I think after both house transactions complete and not showing front of house makes them more private/secure.
All i know know is they live near Cambridge.
I forcast maybe black kitchen with dark wood worktop. Metro tiles and a herringbone floor with maybe brass or copper handles.maybe splashes pink or green not blue.

Yes - after saying for ages they wouldn’t be doing the kitchen for years, then turns out they are remortgaging the house to get it done now, it wouldn’t surprise me if it’s currently happening whilst their away. She really boils my piss, saying they wouldn’t be able to afford to do xyz for years and low and behold a few weeks later it’s done. The house isn’t falling apart love, it’s more than fine, stop trying to do everything so fast.
This!! She’s too much humble brag, she keeps too many cards clise to her chest then after talking something down for ages, suddenly it’s “surprise!! We’re getting a new bathroom!” Well fancy that! Also, if this turns out to be their “forever home” I’ll eat my hat. 🙄🙄

Reactions: 5
I imagine the kitchen will be very much like the Instagram account at_lucys_house as her lounge and bathroom is very much like Lucy's.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.