Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah her videos are well filmed but some are a snooze fest lately, meals are samey but I guess that’s real life? Must get to a point where you’re scraping the barrel with what to film of your life? But I suppose she’ll be able to dine out on the new kitchen renovation if it goes ahead for several months! I always think floggers must start to get nervous if there isn’t a renovation/pregnancy announcement/new baby/holiday to share, god forbid there isn’t something exciting waiting in the wings
I think that's when they all fall back on the Channel Bum topic of the month I.e. "I have anxiety", "I am lonely", "I have body confidence issues" etc. Though, to be fair, Katie doesn't ham it up as much as some of them do!

I have to say, I do enjoy her travel posts, she has already sold me Canada, it looks amazing!

Reactions: 6
It's the idyllic lifestyle she tries to portray that annoys me. She's like bloody Mary Poppins🙄. She never gets angry with the kids, which I don't believe for one minute. It's all "this little one has had a huge meltdown, but he's calmed down now and I'm enjoying cuddles" or Maddie has been sent to her room for being naughty, but she's fine now, we're having cuddles"😝😝. I just can't deal with the false sugary life she puts out on her Insta. Surely she's not that nice, is she? Or am I just someone who gets hacked off easily😂😂😂. She's up there with Florence Nightingale, Mother Teresa and bloody Goody Two Shoes🤢

Reactions: 4
I agree that she does a good job of travel posts. I think she makes it look easy with the kids as eldest is a strong personality and middle Lottie is really quiet and easy and then they’ve got the youngest. My two are huge clashing personalities so bicker all the time! I’m envious of that I must admit.

Reactions: 3
I agree that she does a good job of travel posts. I think she makes it look easy with the kids as eldest is a strong personality and middle Lottie is really quiet and easy and then they’ve got the youngest. My two are huge clashing personalities so bicker all the time! I’m envious of that I must admit.
I'm jealous of the very close relationship the two girls have. My two are boy girl and 3.5 years apart, they're close yeah but nothing like her two girls. I do think its lovely.

Reactions: 1
I'm jealous of the very close relationship the two girls have. My two are boy girl and 3.5 years apart, they're close yeah but nothing like her two girls. I do think its lovely.
My girls are 3.5 years apart its a love hate and they hate sharing a room.
Katie always properly declares ads and freebies shes said the only thing she got from this trip is 20% discount its paid for.
A lot of previous holidays have been gifted.
She does fab travel vlogs and really makes me wish i could take my kids these places.
They do work hard i guess they got on property ladder at the right time.
Jon earns good money as hes technically a contracter.
I think Katie utilises her past job and talents and makes money on other things apart from infleuencing.
I also think she comes from fairly affluent family.
Shes said she doesnt film the bad bits and that she puts money earned aside in childrens savings account.
Holidays are important to them so i guess thats where there money goes.
Not sure about how they fund all the house stuff but shes stated the kitchen and other improvements will be made by remortage.

Reactions: 5
She makes travelling look so easy with kids! I suppose her 3 are used to it so it probably isn’t too bad. My 3 are used to flying short haul so we find that easy enough, but Katie does long haul, the long road trips.

I’m insanely jealous 😂

I actually like Katie I think she’s transparent and makes a real effort with her content. Her travel pictures and vlogs especially are so well done.

Also don’t forget that her husband works full time and I think earns a very good salary so I don’t think we should question how she affords things as I think her life makes a lot more sense than most other mummy vloggers!

I'm wondering if when Katie mentions Jon working for America he actually does work for the whole of America.

Even on really good wages how can they afford two trips to America this year along for a family of 5 along with all the work on the house. It doesn't ring true.
Im a stay at home mum and my husband works full time. He has a very good job and earns a very decent salary but he certainly puts the hours in. We will have had 2 holidays to America this year (we ask have 3 children) as well as several long weekends away throughout the year. We’ve also spent money doing the garden up and getting ready for a side return on the kitchen.

I’m not saying all this to boast and I know we are very much in the minority but I’m just trying to provide some context that it is quite possible for them to afford their lifestyle on her husbands salary (we have no idea how much he earns but I get the impression it’s very decent) especially as it’ll also be subsidised by the money she makes doing ads and collabs etc

I actually like Katie I think she’s transparent and makes a real effort with her content. Her travel pictures and vlogs especially are so well done.

Also don’t forget that her husband works full time and I think earns a very good salary so I don’t think we should question how she affords things as I think her life makes a lot more sense than most other mummy vloggers!

Im a stay at home mum and my husband works full time. He has a very good job and earns a very decent salary but he certainly puts the hours in. We will have had 2 holidays to America this year (we ask have 3 children) as well as several long weekends away throughout the year. We’ve also spent money doing the garden up and getting ready for a side return on the kitchen.

I’m not saying all this to boast and I know we are very much in the minority but I’m just trying to provide some context that it is quite possible for them to afford their lifestyle on her husbands salary (we have no idea how much he earns but I get the impression it’s very decent) especially as it’ll also be subsidised by the money she makes doing ads and collabs etc
As he works for an American company their salaries are higher than Brititish also if he is being paid in dollars this would increase it more with the weak pound.

nah she's got a sickly smug side

and yes we CAN absolutely question how they afford it all....she puts her life out to be scrutinised!! she's got an air of fakeness i cant quite put my finger on

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We can question it, but mummyof3 just gave a likely explanation above...

They clearly live a very priviledged life, but I don't feel like she rubs people's faces in it, or is particularly wasteful. I don't see her wearing outfits only once, she rewears them and I don't think I've seen a tat haul from her (could be wrong) If I had the money she had, I would definitely enjoy it too, why not?

Somebody mentioned before that she doesn't show the bad bits and makes life seem perfect. I completely get that it paints life to be a dream, when it's not always, but equally I like that she keeps the kids dignity and doesnt show things that might embarrass them or make people think badly of them.

I agree that she is a little sickly sweet - whether that's real or fake, who knows...

If she showed the bad bits people would complain about her filming her children having tantrums and putting it on the internet. I think shes boring and can at times be sickly sweet but compared to many other vloggers I find her to be fairly inoffensive

We can question it, but mummyof3 just gave a likely explanation above...

They clearly live a very priviledged life, but I don't feel like she rubs people's faces in it, or is particularly wasteful. I don't see her wearing outfits only once, she rewears them and I don't think I've seen a tat haul from her (could be wrong) If I had the money she had, I would definitely enjoy it too, why not?

Somebody mentioned before that she doesn't show the bad bits and makes life seem perfect. I completely get that it paints life to be a dream, when it's not always, but equally I like that she keeps the kids dignity and doesnt show things that might embarrass them or make people think badly of them.

I agree that she is a little sickly sweet - whether that's real or fake, who knows...
I have to agree with this when it comes to the kids - I can't bear vloggers who show their poor kids doing things that could embarrass them at a later date. I think Katie does a good job with this. She is quite sickly sweet though I agree!

Her latest video is an ad and she has done that sneaky thing of putting it right at the end so you can't see it. She has put a tiny white #ad in the top corner of the thumbnail but its against a white background. She used to be good at clearly disclosing ads 🤨

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Her latest video is an ad and she has done that sneaky thing of putting it right at the end so you can't see it. She has put a tiny white #ad in the top corner of the thumbnail but its against a white background. She used to be good at clearly disclosing ads 🤨
The Thomas the tank one? It says ad in the title then paid promotion in the corner at the beginning.
Unless you’re not on about that one?

Oh katie! I am so disappointed! I thought we were in for a full Canadian holiday and was so looking forward to seeing that, but they are off again to the USA. Isn’t that their more recent 3 holidays in USA then? (NYC, Florida now this one?)

I like Katie a lot, but I really do think they have done America to death now. Try somewhere new! For longer than a few days...

I have a husband and 3 children like katie and I am always taking pics, in the 9 years of having children, strangers have only offered to take our pictures twice. Every week she posts a picture and says 'a stranger kindly offered to take our picture'.. 🤨🤔 more like "Mrs Loves Herself'' asks them to take them for her. Thats fine, just stop saying that every day somebody "randomly" offers. I cannot stand how much she loves herself but claims to be humble and self deprecating. This woman thinks she is tit hot 💩🔥

I have a husband and 3 children like katie and I am always taking pics, in the 9 years of having children, strangers have only offered to take our pictures twice. Every week she posts a picture and says 'a stranger kindly offered to take our picture'.. 🤨🤔 more like "Mrs Loves Herself'' asks them to take them for her. Thats fine, just stop saying that every day somebody "randomly" offers. I cannot stand how much she loves herself but claims to be humble and self deprecating. This woman thinks she is tit hot 💩🔥
I think she takes a tripod but is embarrassed to say

• Haha
Reactions: 7

To be fair we are a family of 6 and we get offered a lot from people to take our photos we normally say no as its weird but did except in Disney a couple of times. We do get it a lot though so I do believe her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.