Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

justabert

It's an odd choice when they all have pretty standard names. I'm guessing she was sucked up in the influencer life that it impacted the name choice.
He’s named after a character in Pretty Little Liars, which I remember thinking was an odd choice at the time! Now I just think of Wren kitchens 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Clare

VIP Member
She became popular and remained relevant because of her travel. Now...she has nothing!
Her travel content is really good, compared to so many wannabe travel influencers, shame she doesn’t do more of it.

• Heart

Unicorn_Poop

VIP Member
Whether she makes decent travel content or not it’s still a bit of a kick in the teeth when a family that can clearly afford their own trips already is given a freebie.
Her free trips are just obscene money. Like the football camp one. Who is she trying to appeal to esp in this climate?
£1200 a night? Who is paying over 8k for a weeks holiday?!

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
Doesn’t use them and doesn’t talk about body positivity either.in fact her current refusal to acknowledge her weight loss is the exact opposite

Unicorn_Poop

VIP Member
I have said before I don't mind Katie too much. Yep I imagine it's an expensive holiday, but plenty of 'normal' families of 5 go to Disneyland and I'm pretty confident that would be as expensive.

They are at least experiencing some amazing things unlike other vloggers children (*cough Ingham's cough*) who are isolated from everything.
I agree however her claiming they upgraded to premium economy for not much more ( basically 2 grand) is just ridiculous- she tried to act relatable and humble yet we know it’s so far fetched. Advertising Spanish football camps and giving out tips/ info like most can afford to drop 3k on a few days away training?

She’s quite shady on the sly - the fact she has an agent and is signed to a PR but puts on this embarrassed of her vloggers life in her little corner of the internet? Quite the contradiction!

Happyparrot

That’s what I thought. I’m not trying to gatekeep ADHD diagnoses but it’s a debilitating neurological condition that can make life unbearable if left untreated.
Social media can convince people that they are ADHDers. Perhaps she will address it. She’s just so incredibly wholesome, perfect, high achieving kids and has a life full of rich experiences which need organising and executing. She pulls it all off with aplomb and then tells us she has ADHD.
I hope she realises sharing ADHD memes isn’t cute or quirky…
She wouldn’t share memes about diabetes or other conditions so why ADHD.

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
That’s what I thought. I’m not trying to gatekeep ADHD diagnoses but it’s a debilitating neurological condition that can make life unbearable if left untreated.
Social media can convince people that they are ADHDers. Perhaps she will address it. She’s just so incredibly wholesome, perfect, high achieving kids and has a life full of rich experiences which need organising and executing. She pulls it all off with aplomb and then tells us she has ADHD.
I hope she realises sharing ADHD memes isn’t cute or quirky…
She wouldn’t share memes about diabetes or other conditions so why ADHD.
I agree. Same when people say they are “a little bit OCD.” I get it but actually having OCD is crippling.
I’m fairly convinced I have ADD or similar and my life is what feels like an unmitigated disaster. And the worst bit is the crippling guilt around things not done.

Clare

VIP Member
Katie's pissing me off at the moment, just casually dropping she's done 10k today. After complaining for weeks she is unmotivated.
This is classic for her. Humble brag central but let’s not forget when she had an actual charity marathon to do and she couldn’t be arsed, it was radio silence on the whole thing. Now she thinks she’s FloJo, it’s all we hear about like her entire personality is running. I don’t know how her husband puts up with her she is so dull.

Unicorn_Poop

VIP Member
Wherever she goes she will try to down play it and be so grateful and come away with her favourite photos ever
Then claim their modest holiday just happened to include an upgrade to premium economy for five people, like that’s standard 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Bumble2019

VIP Member
Well well well what a surprise - not! Taking a place off a million and one people who would love to do it. She should be utterly ashamed of herself. I don’t believe her post one bit.

Effeffess

firstly I bet No one ducking asked and if they did why can’t you just tell them instead of ad and a link you make money off.
secondly are her followers so thick they can’t just google, in the same time if they did ask and wait for a reply
Aff linking something you got as a gift is so tacky... I thought she was one of the 'better' influencers but she's rapidly heading into the gutter

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
There must be a correlation between the nutrition she feeds her body, or rather doesn’t, and her being ill, and unable to fight off a bug. She has no body fat and her system is probably shutting down. She a functioning anorexic so it’s not surprising her body can’t cope.

teaandtoast8

Chatty Member
I can’t believe she picked up her number whilst knowing she’d got stomach bug germs. That is so irresponsible and selfish

Bumble2019

VIP Member
Oh wow she looks so skeletal. Michael Jackson-esque.
She knows it and she loves it, drawing more attention to herself by going look at me and how painfully thin I am. How she has the nerve to go to Nike headquarters and represent sport and self esteem in young girls whilst simultaneously being an awful role model I don’t know.

The whole thing couldn’t be more ironic if it tried. A campaign around body positivity promoted by someone who has obvious mega issues with her own body image she feels the need to lose a lot of weight so her clothes literally hang off her..

It’s beyond disingenuous.

Crazycatty

VIP Member
Katie's pissing me off at the moment, just casually dropping she's done 10k today. After complaining for weeks she is unmotivated.
Wish I had time for a 10k run and to post about it on Instagram. 🙄🙄
She doesn’t live in the real world - she barely seems to ‘work’ anymore, spends far too much time fannying around in Zara/H&M changing rooms or making herself an insta worthy breakfast. I’m guessing Jon’s new job has meant more 🤑🤑 so she can pretty much do nothing all day. She must be bored.

Lucyinthesky88

VIP Member
I think it’s the same story for a lot of influencers. Post covid, I was glad of the escapism and happy to holiday vicariously through them, hoping to do the same myself soon (Disney, etc)
The reality is that I can’t afford to and likely won’t be able to afford to for the foreseeable (despite working hard), so I’ve unsubscribed from them all, as it feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth and utterly unrelatable.
Yeah, I think that’s true. With the current economic climate, it’s just not feasible for a lot of REALLY hardworking families to go away at all, especially during school holidays and/or to exotic locations.

Where it may once have been exciting and inspiring to watch other people’s holidays and use their ideas to plan your own, when you are struggling just to live and holidays are unattainable for the foreseeable, it becomes less enjoyable.

I work 45 hour weeks in quite a physical, tiring job and take home under £800 a month. I struggle to afford the basics most weeks and, despite my hard work, my children won’t get a holiday this year. I would therefore rather not spend my free time watching other people spoil their kids.

• Heart

nik1231

Chatty Member
This is troubling 😞
She really had the body of a child now - far too thin for a healthy adult. What’s worse - the fact that she is posting these pictures would definitely seem that she feels she looks good as she is.

• Wow

Mrslollypop

VIP Member
And she will refer to it all in her vlogs as ‘a little adventure’
Or a once in a lifetime trip “they’ve always dreamed of”. Along with all the other ones they’ve already done like California road trip/Canada to Portland Oregon Road trip/Florida Orlando to New Orleans road trip/New York/Japan that is currently deemed too expensive but you just know that will be next years destination. All interspersed with annual trips to Walt Disney World and Dubai 👌

• Haha