Katie Ellison #3 Content so plain no one even suggested a name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has miss perfect not been gifted uniform this yr? has next not kitted her three kids out with next and adidas for back to school? Shes normally pushing it in everyone’s face how much they’ve all got new for school,
She usually promotes Next, adidas, Tesco and clarks around this time of year iirc.. is work drying up🤔
She irritates me so much.. today was the bestest bestest bestest day. We did this and did that and everyone had such a special and amazing day. Then a little "relatable" comment to make her seem a bit human. Who is actually like her in real life?! She would be really unlikeable and braggy to spend time with. Never just had a boring weekend, its always the best ever. Arggh.

Reactions: 7
Notice that she's posted a photo of the kids in their uniform, but in B&W. I feel like Maddie's long skirt would be quite distinct and anyone living in her vicinity would know which school she is at.

Reactions: 5
Feel like Maddie's uniform screams private school
No way! A polo shirt, no blazer, those shoes….
I think Maddie’s skirt is just too long as it’s one of those ones you get for high school where they only allow one type of skirt. They’re always too long to begin with.

Reactions: 5
Notice that she's posted a photo of the kids in their uniform, but in B&W. I feel like Maddie's long skirt would be quite distinct and anyone living in her vicinity would know which school she is at.
More influencers should do the same as it’s such a safety red flag sharing your kids uniform colour given how easy it is to find out where they all live

Reactions: 7
It could be a very popular independent school in her local area. She might have removed the blazer because even in black and white it would be quite destintive.

Edit - scrub that. You are right the top would need to be a blouse not polo top if it was the independent school I was thinking of.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Never known a high school have polo shirts? Is this normal anywhere else? Normally it’s shirt and tie??

Reactions: 3
What in the private school is that uniform?! I've never seen a secondary school uniform look like that before.

Never known a high school have polo shirts? Is this normal anywhere else? Normally it’s shirt and tie??
My secondary school had polo shirts in warmer weather, blazer/shirt/tie in colder months. Two of my friends children had polo shirts on in their Back to School posts as well (different schools), they usually have the school logo on them though so I am assuming she edited it out.

That uniform definitely looks like a private school uniform, very similar to my local all-girls one!

Reactions: 1
Maddie’s uniform looks typical of the local secondary school here - but uniforms differ so much round where I am. Some have the whole blazer, trousers shirt and tie thing and others have jumpers, polo shirts etc so I think that’s just the uniform for the school local to them.

Also - hope she’s tested Wren for covid, especially as they’ve been in the company of elderly grandparents very recently 🥺

Reactions: 4
I've worked out which school Maddie goes to by the uniform. It is a state school. Obviously won't share but goes to show even with removing the badge and putting the picture in black and white you don't have to work for MI5 to work it out.

I don't live near Katie but my husband knows the area. Remember years ago showing a photo of Katie's daughters in their uniform and saying I wonder what school that is. He told me the name, I looked on the school website out of curiosity and low and behold Maddie and Lottie's photographs were on there. Now, I'm just a woman who was being a bit nosy. Imagine if I was someone with sinister motives? Primary schools it isn't so bad because they won't be leaving school on their own but I wouldn't want to risk every Tom, Dick and Harry knowing where my pre-teen will be going for the next 5 years. It is just not worth the risk, just for the sake of a photograph for the gram.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
It’s not one of the public schools in the area. They’d all be incredibly distinctive.

Think I know what school it is, but clearly wouldn’t say on here. I appreciate putting it in black and white and trying to take away any distinctive features, but if you know the area you can figure it out pretty quickly.

Reactions: 2
Is the long skirt not quite a distinguished feature, never seen a girl in a skirt that long at my sons high school. Also the polo shirt too is quite rare. It would take 2 seconds to work out that school if I could be bothered from the uniform shown.

Reactions: 1
Is the long skirt not quite a distinguished feature, never seen a girl in a skirt that long at my sons high school. Also the polo shirt too is quite rare. It would take 2 seconds to work out that school if I could be bothered from the uniform shown.
My friend has two children starting new schools this year, she took private photographs for our friend group to see but her Instagram post was a photograph of their backpacks and cute lunchboxes in front of a chalkboard stating their new years and the date. There are ways to do a Back-to-School post without risking posting your children's daily location!
What I find most shocking about this kind of issue is that it would be people like Tattlers or commenters who would get the stick for pointing these things out? Rather than the parents taking note of the safety issues and the potential risks they are putting their children in! We all know how incredibly easy it is to find information out - how many of us Google a new date or colleague?! - so it truly shocks me how naive these people are about what they post. Are they blinded by likes and engagement?

Reactions: 4
My friend has two children starting new schools this year, she took private photographs for our friend group to see but her Instagram post was a photograph of their backpacks and cute lunchboxes in front of a chalkboard stating their new years and the date. There are ways to do a Back-to-School post without risking posting your children's daily location!
What I find most shocking about this kind of issue is that it would be people like Tattlers or commenters who would get the stick for pointing these things out? Rather than the parents taking note of the safety issues and the potential risks they are putting their children in! We all know how incredibly easy it is to find information out - how many of us Google a new date or colleague?! - so it truly shocks me how naive these people are about what they post. Are they blinded by likes and engagement?
I’m in large Facebook groups (50k+) and the amount of people sharing their kids first day photos, uniform badges and everything is quite scary

As our kids get older how can we teach them online safety and at the sametime share all this stuff on such a public platform about them?

Imagine sending your child off to secondary school knowing strangers would be able to recognise Maddie and say 'Hi Maddie, how is the football going? Did you have a lovely time in Portugal this year? How is Rollo and Lottie and Wren? Are you looking forward to your 12th birthday this year on Christmas Eve?'

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
More influencers should do the same as it’s such a safety red flag sharing your kids uniform colour given how easy it is to find out where they all live
They shouldn’t be posting photos of their kids on social media in the first place, let alone trying to cover up their uniform.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.