Katie Ellison #3 Content so plain no one even suggested a name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree. There are many things you can complain about but her children are in comfortable, practical, clean clothes that actually fit them.

Compared the Ellisons children to some of the others who either have them as little mini mes in inappropriate clothing, or done up in expensive bling all for the gram or my pet hate the ones who spend all their money on clothes and botox for themselves but the children are left in clothes that are two sized too small (cough, cough this mama life). Katie's children dress like most of the children I know in real life.

Reactions: 8
Has Katie mentioned a summer holiday this year? I can't recall if she has or hasn't. But no doubt they'll just pop up somewhere exotic over the coming weeks 🤣

• Haha
Has Katie mentioned a summer holiday this year? I can't recall if she has or hasn't. But no doubt they'll just pop up somewhere exotic over the coming weeks 🤣
Not to my knowledge but I’m sure it’ll contain her most favourite photo ever ever ever and some cheesy smug quote about being so grateful and lucky

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She never lets on about holiday plans until the smug ‘look where we’ve just arrived’ picture. Can’t wait 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She previously mentioned going to Tokyo. That was their plan prior to Covid restrictions and then mentioned something about an Italy/Switzerland Road trip. Although I get the feeling that Maddie's football takes priority over everything these days so maybe a #Gifted football training holiday abroad instead?

Reactions: 5
And wherever she ends up, there will be a big story justifying their extravagance, saying they got a good deal, free air miles, saved for ages, etc. blah blah blah. Just say you're loaded and think you're better than an all exclusive to Tenerife and be done with it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23
And wherever she ends up, there will be a big story justifying their extravagance, saying they got a good deal, free air miles, saved for ages, etc. blah blah blah. Just say you're loaded and think you're better than an all exclusive to Tenerife and be done with it 🤣
This! It's fine to be minted and have a charmed life. Just be grateful and help others. Don't be like "we decided to cut back a few months ago on takeaways which is why we have managed to scramble together enough money to spend 3 weeks doing a tour of Cambodia"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
We saved our virgin points and got a shuttle to the moon. You'll fine this funny but I'm actually a nervous traveller but luckily the kids were so well behaved. Found a great pizzeria so we got it as a take away as we all love pizza and sat watching the view of earth. I just had to capture it but only had my phone so the quality isn't brilliant but I still love it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I knew they would have tickets to the women’s final, so predictable 🙄

Saw her reply to a comment on today’s post that they’re going to Portugal in August 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I knew they would have tickets to the women’s final, so predictable 🙄

Saw her reply to a comment on today’s post that they’re going to Portugal in August 🙄
Wow times must be hard, no transatlantic adventure this summer 🙄

Reactions: 6
@Unicorn_Poop This is why I think family vloggers/Instagramers are so damaging. Thank goodness for Tattle for reminding me these are not everyday, normal families. I'm not envious of their homes, clothes, beauty pie make up or Hello Fresh subscription boxes but when you see the children of these influencers being given opportunities of a lifetime several times a year it started to make me find inadequate as a parent. As if I am somehow letting down my child by not taking them to Disney every summer. That's how marketing works. Makes you feel you need this brand etc. No issue when it is aimed at adults but the likes of Disney /Football Escapes when these influencers will be posting about how they have created memories for their kids or how their children told them it had been the best time ever (Maddie cried when we told her where we were going) is emotional blackmail for parents.

I try and remember that when I am on holiday my phone will be staying locked in the safe. I will be present and involved in our holiday not worrying about creating the prefect shot of family life or writing up a caption to sell a brand or answering DMs from strangers.

Also be reasured that as our children get to Maddie's age and assume is allowed some independence by walking or getting the bus to school there aren't 80k strangers who know their names, birthday, dogs name, hobbies, what their bedrooms look like. I will take that over a gifted holiday any day of the week.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
@Unicorn_Poop This is why I think family vloggers/Instagramers are so damaging. Thank goodness for Tattle for reminding me these are not everyday, normal families. I'm not envious of their homes, clothes, beauty pie make up or Hello Fresh subscription boxes but when you see the children of these influencers being given opportunities of a lifetime several times a year it started to make me find inadequate as a parent. As if I am somehow letting down my child by not taking them to Disney every summer. That's how marketing works. Makes you feel you need this brand etc. No issue when it is aimed at adults but the likes of Disney /Football Escapes when these influencers will be posting about how they have created memories for their kids or how their children told them it had been the best time ever (Maddie cried when we told her where we were going) is emotional blackmail for parents.

I try and remember that when I am on holiday my phone will be staying locked in the safe. I will be present and involved in our holiday not worrying about creating the prefect shot of family life or writing up a caption to sell a brand or answering DMs from strangers.

Also be reasured that as our children get to Maddie's age and assume is allowed some independence by walking or getting the bus to school there aren't 80k strangers who know their names, birthday, dogs name, hobbies, what their bedrooms look like. I will take that over a gifted holiday any day of the week.
👏👏👏 well said.

Reactions: 6

A fantastic post x

And you are right, your children will have wonderful memories of you actually being present in the moment in a genuine way rather than being present but spending that time looking for the best "moment" to share. I can imagine a lot of these "perfect moments" are quite stressful for the children - having to pose and retake shot after shot, if it is a video potentially having to learn a line or rehearse how best to look as excited or happy as possible.

I truly feel for these children of Influencers and often wonder how they will feel as adults. The privacy side of things is something that worries me greatly!
How will they feel when they look back at what they thought were genuine moments of joy only to realise it was all curated by their parents for their Timeline and followers, or worse for a company to make money.

I also wonder how these children will grow up and cope as young adults or parents themselves. Unless they go on to become Influencers themselves or are able to take advantage of their parents notoriety how will they be able to live the same standard of life they currently have? If they grow up believing these extravagant holidays and free trips to events are normal will they go on to feel inadequate as a parent themselves when they cannot provide the same for their own children?

Sorry for waffling!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
With her eldest heading to high school, she really ought to stop putting her online completely. However, the eldest is the one with most Insta potential for Katie as she has the football talent & passion so it’ll be hard for her to take a step back.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.