Katie Ellison #3 Content so plain no one even suggested a name

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is why I unfollowed her a while ago. I hate how all these huns try to make out Dubai is an affordable holiday destination for families. I mean, it’s probably amazing, and you can probably get some good flight deals but it’s so expensive when you are there. And how are her kids allowed time off? Surely it’s not half term yet?
It is half term where they live

I don't follow Katie anymore, again too boring for me. But just to add, I take my children in school time and have never been fined. I can't afford school holidays, I ask permission to take them and apart from that their attendance is fantastic so it's never an issue. I think in any case family holidays are more educational than school tbh, but in fairness to Katie she does push the boat out, her children are having some amazing experiences school could never provide

Reactions: 11
Actually it’s cheaper for us to go for 10 nights in Dubai all inclusive than a week in Spain as Emirates do free children until 12! Not relevant to Katie obviously but. We are on half term already but I do take the kids out and have never been fined

Reactions: 5
Those life jackets, no Katie, they’re not better than nothing. They would do absolutely nothing if your child was to fall over board, they’d stand a better chance of being able to swim without that round their necks.

Reactions: 3
It kind of annoys me that she always asks for permission to post what she wants to post. She always adds comments like ‘I hope that’s ok.’ It’s her platform, she can literally post what ever she wants, and if people don’t like it then that is their problem. I feel like she is always trying to people please, and I’m not sure that she is in the job for that.

Reactions: 3
It kind of annoys me that she always asks for permission to post what she wants to post. She always adds comments like ‘I hope that’s ok.’ It’s her platform, she can literally post what ever she wants, and if people don’t like it then that is their problem. I feel like she is always trying to people please, and I’m not sure that she is in the job for that.
She's not really asking though she's just trying to appear likeable. Its all faux modesty. She'd sell her granny to be famous on the gram.

Reactions: 7
I think Katie has shown herself up a little with this trip to Dubai. It’s one of the first times they’ve gone to a non majority Christian/White country and I find the way she has spoken about locals really patronising and judgemental. Also saying that a hotel complex was “done in an Arabic style” - it’s a Arab country. I think she was out of her depth and should stick to Disney

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I think Katie has shown herself up a little with this trip to Dubai. It’s one of the first times they’ve gone to a non majority Christian/White country and I find the way she has spoken about locals really patronising and judgemental. Also saying that a hotel complex was “done in an Arabic style” - it’s a Arab country. I think she was out of her depth and should stick to Disney
They have been to Dubai before to be fair.

I do think she tries too hard to be a travel blogger though. She should just stick to posting photos and not go too in depth… hardly anyone cares about her views on travel anyway 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Very fews hotels in Dubai are Arabic in style to be fair.

I totally disagree. I think she shares travel really well and I like that they show a family side and actually do things on their trips. They genuinely do see and experience places.

Reactions: 17
I totally disagree. I think she shares travel really well and I like that they show a family side and actually do things on their trips. They genuinely do see and experience places.
I agree, she is one of the only mum influencers who actually does fun things on a holiday rather than sun bath

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Totally disagree. I think she's done a great job and really opened my (ignorant) eyes to another side of Dubai that I didn't know existed.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Agree. I’d never have considered Dubai for a family holiday, it always seems a bit sleazy but Katie has done a really good job of promoting a different side to it.

Reactions: 11
I think she’s done a good job of showing different aspects to Dubai to what we see from footballers / z listers online. I think she’s just shared her experience and views so others can know what to expect.

Agree. I’d never have considered Dubai for a family holiday, it always seems a bit sleazy but Katie has done a really good job of promoting a different side to it.
We've been a couple of times, there is absolutely loads to do for families. Theme parks are great too. There is also a lego land.... If you have younger children. Its very safe and in the Summer you can get all inclusive holidays for less than you pay in Europe. (its because its so hot people avoid it)

We've been a couple of times, there is absolutely loads to do for families. Theme parks are great too. There is also a lego land.... If you have younger children. Its very safe and in the Summer you can get all inclusive holidays for less than you pay in Europe. (its because its so hot people avoid it)
Thanks! Will have a good look into it as a possibility

Reactions: 2
Totally disagree. I think she's done a great job and really opened my (ignorant) eyes to another side of Dubai that I didn't know existed.
I agree with you. I want to go now!

They have been to Dubai before to be fair.

I do think she tries too hard to be a travel blogger though. She should just stick to posting photos and not go too in depth… hardly anyone cares about her views on travel anyway 🤷‍♀️
I don’t think she tries hard. I think she enjoys photography and is sharing to show those skills. At least she cares about her content unlike many others.

I agree with you guys who said this further up thread, I thought it was great to see what Dubai has for families beyond theme parks and malls. Made me think of it as a potential destination, which I guess is why she is so good at her job.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.