Katie Ellison #2 Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think with her house in general, although it’s lovely, there never feels to be much of their personality. She’s curated these shelves within an inch of their lives with “things” that she believes are stylish, all the right plants, colours, contrasting gold accents etc...as per insta but it’s all a bit blah. Where are the special things? Mementoes or things they’ve collected over the years? It’s all just a bit boxfresh?!
I couldn't have phrased it better. She's desperate for it to be a Pinterest home but it's completely devoid of any originality or personality. My husband was saying you could put all these influencers homes in an anonymous line up and you'd never be able to guess which home belonged to who. They're all the same F&B painted, brass accented and velvet sofa clad homes.

When did houses become performance art?!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I dream of one decent oven, let alone two ovens. And I use my one oven a hell of a lot more than Katie uses her one!
I agree with all of you. It’s all very well only showing us the ‘good’ bits & not choosing to show the not so good bits but it’s still really quite depressing.
Especially, I repeat what you all say, when they still manage to have time for their walks and a cosy afternoon watching films & go through their ‘stuff’ to donate while probably skipping to the charity shop!!
I don’t have a dog but I’ve cleaned out other animals in the sodden flooded garden. I’ve frantically cleaned bathrooms today, changed bedding, cooked in my yet to be renovated kitchen that is falling to bits. I turned on Bugsy Malone this afternoon in the hope to sit and watch with my kids but no, I had chores to do as my hubby was at work. One child moaned they didn’t want to watch it, the other did want to watch it.
There’s certainly no cost sleeping under our Christmas tree tonight. I’ve got wrapping to do!
Mind you, that’s probably a reason Katie doesn’t do presents. So she doesn’t have to wrap them!!!!
They also probably had time for their 50 hour walk because they Probably stopped at a pub for dinner. Don’t forget Jon doesn’t like roasts so they’ll never cook a frogging roast in that kitchen! Unless of course they work with Tesco... didn’t they do that once!?! God forbid they get the kitchen dirty though!!
That’s why the kids are always in the garden that will never get muddy as they have plastic grass!
Oh and honestly, why does she use that really annoying ‘oh dear’ voice when something happens to little ‘Wrenny’???? Like when he fell in mud!! Wow!! Mud!! He’s a kid! Let him wallow in the stuff!!!!!!

Reactions: 4
So much of the space they have they clearly don’t need as it’s full of pointless crap that’s literally there to look good. Even the playroom and kitchen have shelves full of trinkets and plants 🙄 in my house the kitchen is full of pans, cookery books, herbs and spices, cereal boxes, recycling, empty milk bottles waiting for the milkman and shitloads of laundry. Ain’t got no places for plants and tiny bleeping Christmas trees 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So much of the space they have they clearly don’t need as it’s full of pointless crap that’s literally there to look good. Even the playroom and kitchen have shelves full of trinkets and plants 🙄 in my house the kitchen is full of pans, cookery books, herbs and spices, cereal boxes, recycling, empty milk bottles waiting for the milkman and shitloads of laundry. Ain’t got no places for plants and tiny bleeping Christmas trees 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️🤣
That's because your house is a home! Mine's the same but usually the cat is asleep on the freshly washed laundry.
Her house is content and I think that's really sad. Influencers exploit the most important things a person can have, their children, homes and privacy. I just don't know how they can ever have peace of mind. People judging everything you do and the pressure to keep up with your peers driving you to consume mindlessly. Yet they choose to do it.

Reactions: 6
We far too busy working , arguing and constantly tidying the house to have even watched one film. I honestly have no idea how she does it but more than any other account this one makes me feel a failure . I work full time and have two kids and a husband .. if me and my husband ever get to sit down and relax it’s a miracle ...
Glad I'm not only one. Every year I say I will be more organised. I'm still not done with presents or stocking.
My house looks a mess.
My kids argue and we haven't done any nice activities or watched a lovely film as family.
We doing Xmas food shop Christmas eve.

Reactions: 5
I can't find the post, but the poster who said about her home being completely devoid of personality I completely agree 👍

I was just wondering actually, does Katie have a cleaner?

Reactions: 4
Im convinced she has a cleaner ! The reason being that she films every part of her life etc and we haven’t seen any cleaning / speed clean for a while! But she would cringe at the thought of disclosing that as it makes her appear less relatable

Reactions: 7
Im convinced she has a cleaner ! The reason being that she films every part of her life etc and we haven’t seen any cleaning / speed clean for a while! But she would cringe at the thought of disclosing that as it makes her appear less relatable
This is why I wondered! Nothing wrong with it of she does, I just realised we only ever see her doing like a "surface" tidy/clean, and with how often they're out and having 3 kids I don't know how she keeps on top of it 😂
I've worked from home with my 3 and my house constantly looked like a bomb had gone off no matter how much I tried 😂

Reactions: 6
Jon probably cleans it while he’s not working for his American company!!
With all the trinkets, it’ll mean more dusting needed.
She certainly has a house, not a home. People can’t even sit on certain chairs!! I would not spend money on something that won’t be used!
Remember when they said about a photo of them in a show home when they were looking at houses for her sister? Says it all. Don’t show homes show twee families that are just posing to show the ‘perfect’ family home. 🤔😂
Oh and I also recall they hadn’t thought of moving until her sister bought a new home. Well if that’s not jealousy..!
Wonder what they will do today as it’s Maddies birthday tomorrow isn’t it so they have their traditional Santa visit and breakfast at the garden centre. I’m a Christmas baby and I embrace Christmas but I would never see Santa on my birthday. They are very separate things.
I’ve still got wrapping to finish, tidy the house again, more gifts to buy & still food to get - normal food, not Christmas. Best get to it. No time to be doing stories or having a cosy film here!

Reactions: 1
So the car they're advertising "has already slotted perfectly into our family life"? What does that even mean - she doesn't half chat a load of tit. Pretty sure ANY car would fit most families, it's an inanimate object 🙄 not another child.

What I think annoys me most is that she doesn't have to compromise on anything at all, time, space or money-wise. She's got the home, which is ALWAYS immaculate, three kids, holidays, cars, renovations, family time, time with her husband, work, etc etc

Reactions: 9
I just think she is organised and keeps on top of it to be fair. I'm like that like to keep tidy I'd never ever dream of leaving my house and going on the school run and leave any pots and not make all the beds!I just make sure I have enough time. My mum was the same. I can't actually beleive some people don't make beds etc. I wish I was more chill but I'm not. Soon as I get up I wouldn't ever have a drink or anything until stuff is done.

Reactions: 2
So the car they're advertising "has already slotted perfectly into our family life"? What does that even mean - she doesn't half chat a load of tit. Pretty sure ANY car would fit most families, it's an inanimate object 🙄 not another child.

What I think annoys me most is that she doesn't have to compromise on anything at all, time, space or money-wise. She's got the home, which is ALWAYS immaculate, three kids, holidays, cars, renovations, family time, time with her husband, work, etc etc
She does indeed, but she was all tearful the other week. Just shows you all this material stuff and the perfect house, it’s bollocks really.

I just think she is organised and keeps on top of it to be fair. I'm like that like to keep tidy I'd never ever dream of leaving my house and going on the school run and leave any pots and not make all the beds!I just make sure I have enough time. My mum was the same. I can't actually beleive some people don't make beds etc. I wish I was more chill but I'm not. Soon as I get up I wouldn't ever have a drink or anything until stuff is done.
Guilty. I don’t make the beds. Unless straightening the duvets and pillows out a little bit counts a bit. We have a lot more essential jobs to get done before getting out of the house. And I’m up at silly o’clock.

She does indeed, but she was all tearful the other week. Just shows you all this material stuff and the perfect house, it’s bollocks really.

Guilty. I don’t make the beds. Unless straightening the duvets and pillows out a little bit counts a bit. We have a lot more essential jobs to get done before getting out of the house. And I’m up at silly o’clock.
And that's fine too... I'm just odd and I know that and accept it. 😂

She’s organised as Jon is around all the time. He does the school drop offs and pick ups most of the time. He seems to do a lot more than people think. Just take note from stories, posts etc you can easily put two and two together. As I’ve said before, he is a ‘yes’ man. No wonder he looks bedraggled most of the time and she looks so squeaky clean!! Her teeth stand out too much - sorry, had to put it out there!! 🙈
Her ‘normality’ is so unrelatable to a lot of families. Unfortunately a lot of people that follow are just drawn into thinking she is. I think she’s more calculating than people realise.
She’s definitely one of these ‘I’ll stamp my feet and I’ll get it’. Even her sister looks bored of her at times.

And how does she think this is acceptable to sell a car to her minions a few days before Christmas. ‘Hey everyone, look what we are testing! Why don’t you get yourselves into debt and buy a car! We don’t need to spend the money as we get the freebies so you get to see the fun we are having and you can pay for them. You won’t have anything slot into your family life like this unless you have one!’

Reactions: 10
I reckon Jon’s family don’t approve of her selling the family on instagram hence the radio silence whilst they “had guests” and the fact that I’m pretty sure none of them are ever featured on the page?

Reactions: 3
I reckon Jon’s family don’t approve of her selling the family on instagram hence the radio silence whilst they “had guests” and the fact that I’m pretty sure none of them are ever featured on the page?
This together with the fact Katie doesn’t like Jons family. Couldn’t make it more obvious if she tried.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.