Katie Ellison #2 Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I paid for my own windows (but now getting paid for a add the equivalent amount).
She’ll soon start telling us who her kitchen is done by and then suddenly she’ll start working with them and the kitchen will be paid for!! She’s not silly but neither are we... well apart from the minions who think she’s fab and don’t realise they’re paying for her kitchen and holidays too!!

It was definitely her thinking she’s being self-deprecating by not mentioning her new hair and then going, oh btw, had my hair done. Tbh I think she looks more like Michael Jackson with the black hair 🙈
Did it in a whim eh Katie?? Possibly did but how much information is needed if it was on a whim. You don’t just go to hairdressers and pay for colour on a whim but then I guess you do like throwing money away Katie don’t you. She’s just asking for the compliments. She’s just getting far too needy.
And the story asking for people to recommend gifts for the kids! Dear god!!!!! Wrap a load of fajitas up - they’ll like those!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Did it in a whim eh Katie?? Possibly did but how much information is needed if it was on a whim. You don’t just go to hairdressers and pay for colour on a whim but then I guess you do like throwing money away Katie don’t you. She’s just asking for the compliments. She’s just getting far too needy.
And the story asking for people to recommend gifts for the kids! Dear god!!!!! Wrap a load of fajitas up - they’ll like those!!!!!
There can’t be many hairdressers who would be able to fit you in for a colour appointment ‘on a whim’ this close to Christmas. I know mine is booked up months in advance. 🙄

Reactions: 9
There can’t be many hairdressers who would be able to fit you in for a colour appointment ‘on a whim’ this close to Christmas. I know mine is booked up months in advance. 🙄
My hair dresser is too! I even booked my appt for November in September!! Katie is becoming more full of 💩 each day! Yup, even little dainty Katie!

Reactions: 3
Did she not mean she chose the colour on a whim? As in she had the hairdressers appointment for a while, but suddenly decided she would go dark on a whim...

I don’t understand why these influencers think such mundane stuff is interesting, like they want attention from everything. I dont think I’ve ever posted a new hair do picture online, but that’s just me!

Reactions: 9
How can she say they’re sorting cupboards etc out today when they have literally done the kitchen? Fair enough she’ll be talking about all her other rooms but as she says it she’s panning around the kitchen filming Jon mid declutter. Leaving her yes man to the work again. Well, she has to keep him busy as he’s out tonight. God forbid he have more fun than her. She’s partying with a brûlée & most probably a Diet Coke!!!

How can she say they’re sorting cupboards etc out today when they have literally done the kitchen? Fair enough she’ll be talking about all her other rooms but as she says it she’s panning around the kitchen filming Jon mid declutter. Leaving her yes man to the work again. Well, she has to keep him busy as he’s out tonight. God forbid he have more fun than her. She’s partying with a brûlée & most probably a Diet Coke!!!
...after only eating a few biscuits and an omelette the whole day. No wonder she's so teeny! I'd be passing out!

Reactions: 1
...after only eating a few biscuits and an omelette the whole day. No wonder she's so teeny! I'd be passing out!
What was the whole point of having a brand new kitchen done when it doesn’t get used? This really does grate me!! She’s never really cooked before though has she. Old habits and all that. Proves it’s all for show. So sad.

Reactions: 2
What was the whole point of having a brand new kitchen done when it doesn’t get used? This really does grate me!! She’s never really cooked before though has she. Old habits and all that. Proves it’s all for show. So sad.
I can’t help but think she’s not even that happy with the new kitchen. During the “renovation” she was doing her weekly updates, lots on stories etc but since it’s finished she’s hardly shown it / YouTubed it which just seems off to me. Personally, I don’t think it looks that good anyway (and those shelves she’s supposedly “sorted” today in that pointless alcove with the sink look cluttered and awful)... I do wonder if Katie is disappointed that her instagram show kitchen isn’t quite looking as “Insta” as she’d hoped given the absolute ££££ they’ve poured into it. When they had their bathroom done she had no problem gloating and showing it all over Instagram. This whole kitchen thing seems to have fallen entirely flat though.

Hey ho, can only mean more completely false wine type ADs required to get out of the mountain of debt....

Renovations aside... HOW the hell does Jon put up with this woman?! She brags on stories about all the stuff he gets her (the all saints leather jacket, the limited edition Nike trainers)... when is Katie ever doing anything nice or surprising for him?! She very much seems to just take take take from him and gives nothing back in return. All he gets is ridiculing on her stories and holed up in that garden office “working for America”.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I can’t help but think she’s not even that happy with the new kitchen. During the “renovation” she was doing her weekly updates, lots on stories etc but since it’s finished she’s hardly shown it / YouTubed it which just seems off to me. Personally, I don’t think it looks that good anyway (and those shelves she’s supposedly “sorted” today in that pointless alcove with the sink look cluttered and awful)... I do wonder if Katie is disappointed that her instagram show kitchen isn’t quite looking as “Insta” as she’d hoped given the absolute ££££ they’ve poured into it. When they had their bathroom done she had no problem gloating and showing it all over Instagram. This whole kitchen thing seems to have fallen entirely flat though.

Hey ho, can only mean more completely false wine type ADs required to get out of the mountain of debt....

Renovations aside... HOW the hell does Jon put up with this woman?! She brags on stories about all the stuff he gets her (the all saints leather jacket, the limited edition Nike trainers)... when is Katie ever doing anything nice or surprising for him?! She very much seems to just take take take from him and gives nothing back in return. All he gets is ridiculing on her stories and holed up in that garden office “working for America”.
I think with her house in general, although it’s lovely, there never feels to be much of their personality. She’s curated these shelves within an inch of their lives with “things” that she believes are stylish, all the right plants, colours, contrasting gold accents etc...as per insta but it’s all a bit blah. Where are the special things? Mementoes or things they’ve collected over the years? It’s all just a bit boxfresh?!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I suppose it’s all down to personal taste but when I saw the shelves i thought “ too many trinkets” !! I think people either have a natural eye for effortlessly styling or they don’t. Katie’s style is “nice” but so heavily influenced by current trends. I think that sometimes when you create a new space , it’s nice to leave it as a blank canvas for a a while and see where it goes whereas I suppose if you put your life on Instagram there must be a pressure to complete everything quickly.

She takes him on her holiday collaborations - that would be her excuse!! 😂
Oh and she got him the Virgin wine!!! 🙄
You’re right, I’m not watching her you tube videos these days as they’re all a bit sickly sweet and don’t want to add to her viewing figures but she did harp on more about the bathroom. Mind you a lot of that was definitely gifted.
See how she gets the kids cleaning while she film’s first content!! Yes, they may ‘like’ doing it but what has she bribed them with.... a trip to Pizza Express, got chocolate at the garden centre... a trip to America again?? Put the bloody phone down Katie, spend time doing these things with the kids rather than filming them doing it and making out you’re having ‘family’ time!!!!

Reactions: 1
I was planning our Christmas dinner cooking last night and thinking how much bloody easier it would be with a double oven. Yet Katie has all the gear and it barely gets used. Not really fair (but then is life?).

It does get to me during these busy pre-Christmas days when I’m up to my neck in de-cluttering, cleaning, planning etc and my kids are constantly arguing and she’s posting that they’ve had yet another lovely day, they’ve walked four miles with a dog, no less, they’re off home now (to their immaculate house) to watch a film having spent the whole of advent doing lovely things together and she’s even found the time to do all of her work, volunteer at the food bank and help out at the girls school. Ugh.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I was planning our Christmas dinner cooking last night and thinking how much bloody easier it would be with a double oven. Yet Katie has all the gear and it barely gets used. Not really fair (but then is life?).

It does get to me during these busy pre-Christmas days when I’m up to my neck in de-cluttering, cleaning, planning etc and my kids are constantly arguing and she’s posting that they’ve had yet another lovely day, they’ve walked four miles with a dog, no less, they’re off home now (to their immaculate house) to watch a film having spent the whole of advent doing lovely things together and she’s even found the time to do all of her work, volunteer at the food bank and help out at the girls school. Ugh.
Just to make you feel better, we also went for a dog walk....dragging my kids round whinging, fighting and generally being turds!

Then we get home and they still do the same so I send them to their rooms on the Xbox for an hour just so I don’t throttle them....😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just to make you feel better, we also went for a dog walk....dragging my kids round whinging, fighting and generally being turds!

Then we get home and they still do the same so I send them to their rooms on the Xbox for an hour just so I don’t throttle them....😂😂
We’ve just been on a dog walk and they were stills turds 😂

• Haha

This is probably more like the day Katie had but that wouldn’t be included in the ‘highlight reel’. There’s no excuses for making others feel inadequate and no matter how much influencers say that the grid does not reflect their real life, the whole process of only showing or retelling the good stuff makes normal people feel like tit. It’s completely skewed reality for everybody - no one knows what’s real anymore but I can be sure nobody’s life is ever as perfect as they make out on social media, more often it’s the opposite

Reactions: 8
We far too busy working , arguing and constantly tidying the house to have even watched one film. I honestly have no idea how she does it but more than any other account this one makes me feel a failure . I work full time and have two kids and a husband .. if me and my husband ever get to sit down and relax it’s a miracle ...

Reactions: 6
We far too busy working , arguing and constantly tidying the house to have even watched one film. I honestly have no idea how she does it but more than any other account this one makes me feel a failure . I work full time and have two kids and a husband .. if me and my husband ever get to sit down and relax it’s a miracle ...
Same. We have a drawer full of Christmas movies I was hoping we would get through but we’ve not watched one.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.