Katie Ellison #2 Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Such a humble brag.
I agree! Even that gif above where she is saying how amazing everyone looks and her outfits are getting more horrific, hair a mess etc. Bullshit. Skinny fit clean grey joggers, a pastel purple jumper which she probably loves, a tan, hair in a sleek pony tail and it looks like she has gained no weight in lock down (unlike me!). She knows she can look worse than that. I wouldn't even answer the door to the postman right now at the state of me. Definitely humble bragging.

Reactions: 7
I’m sorry but she’d frighten a postman to death if she answered the door with her teeth hanging out like that!😂😂 Wtf is she doing, if she thinks that looks good she’s deluded! 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
View attachment 119906
wtf is she doing with her teeth in this video, looks like her false teeth are falling out!
Why is she so self-deprecating? Nearly every sentence is a negative but it’s not really how she feels, it’s faux modesty because if she really, REALLY felt like that she wouldn’t be putting herself online. Fake, fake, girl-next-door, little ol’ me show

Reactions: 10
Why is she so self-deprecating? Nearly every sentence is a negative but it’s not really how she feels, it’s faux modesty because if she really, REALLY felt like that she wouldn’t be putting herself online. Fake, fake, girl-next-door, little ol’ me show
Yeah exactly, she loves the “little old me” routine.

Reactions: 5
Yeah exactly, she loves the “little old me” routine.
She is as vain as the rest of these so called ‘influencers’!!
I’m sorry that she felt the need to spend so much money on her teeth as I thought her teeth looked much better before she had them done. It’s a shame she’s so vain and thought they looked bad enough to apparently ‘save’ to have them done.
If it was due to a health issue then I’ll eat my words but I’m sure I recall her saying she just didn’t like that they weren’t straight enough. Not squeaky clean enough more like!!
If she was that concerned about her little old self she would not post any pictures on line!! She’s one of the biggest fakes out there!!! She’s brainwashed even herself to come out with this 💩!!
She’s so desperate for people to like her isn’t she!! Someone should actually be honest & say yes Katie you look pretty crap today!! Oh but we don’t want anyone to be told they’re being mean do we!! If only they could deal with the honesty!

• Haha
View attachment 119906
wtf is she doing with her teeth in this video, looks like her false teeth are falling out!
If you felt like a "tit" then why post it?

If there was a positive message attached to this photo, along the lines of "hey - we don't all look like models during this tough time but that's ok." I would understand her messaging.
I just don't understand the faux humility schtick. People who generally feel like "tits" or have a humble opinion of themselves don't tend to plaster photos of themselves all over the internet. Is this a way of hiding or playing down her vanity? I do think she is quite vain and I really don't mean that horribly. You have to have a lot of self love and confidence (and ego too) to showcase your life on on internet for YEARS. I just hate the fake as duck self deprecation that she uses to shield herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Have they driven to this field or is it really walking distance from their house? Before the pandemic they described where they lived as boring & suburban. Yet now for their daily walks, they suddenly live in the middle of the English countryside. Are they going further afield just to get better photos for the gram?
its behind her house, you can see when shes filmed the houses in the clips

If you felt like a "tit" then why post it?

If there was a positive message attached to this photo, along the lines of "hey - we don't all look like models during this tough time but that's ok." I would understand her messaging.
I just don't understand the faux humility schtick. People who generally feel like "tits" or have a humble opinion of themselves don't tend to plaster photos of themselves all over the internet. Is this a way of hiding or playing down her vanity? I do think she is quite vain and I really don't mean that horribly. You have to have a lot of self love and confidence (and ego too) to showcase your life on on internet for YEARS. I just hate the fake as duck self deprecation that she uses to shield herself.
Totally agree. No one who feels they look a ‘tit’ would post anything!!
This kind of life/work style is certainly about having lots of confidence & self love in yourself. She just loves asking everyone to remind her she’s great too!! Now, imagine her standing with the school mums having the same conversation!!!! 😂😂

She’s trying way too hard to relate to so many of her followers and show people it’s not all ‘perfect’! This is her biggest problem. It’s almost as though she deliberately puts on a strange face & messes her hair up deliberately or places washing up around the sink to try and say ‘oh look at my messy house’. Dear god Katie!! You are so predictable! 😂

Actually... I wonder what her utility room is looking like... not seen that since it was done. Now I’ve put this on here I’m sure she’ll pop a post on... She’s started posting about the dog again since it was mentioned he hadn’t been shown much recently. 😉

I wish she would just go back to being her own person again and stop reading on here and trying to people please everyone. Every day she is addressing things she has read on here, it couldn’t be any more obvious, and it’s sad that she feels the need to constantly try to make everyone like her. She has lots of fans who think she’s wonderful so she would be far better off focusing on them than trying to please the masses and act like she’s “one of us”. She has a very privileged lifestyle and whilst there is nothing at all wrong with that, I hate how she constantly tries to downplay it. It comes across as incredibly fake as does the constant thing of putting herself down. The irony is if she could just own who she is instead of this desperate need to be liked, she would be a whole lot more likeable!!!

Reactions: 8
I posted about the dog needing his hair cut around his eyes and the next day she did a post about it.
Someone posted on here questioning where the yellow fields where and the next day she posted one of those videos she makes and she included in the caption where the yellow fields are from her house.

As I’ve said before I used to really like her when the girls were younger and they lived in their old house. They used to take the girls out for day trips and short breaks away and they used to have some nice European holidays.

then she moved to her new house and everything changed, they stopped doing anything at the weekends, stopped their little breaks away and their European breaks and started spending thousands on the house, it all just became not relatable and she really lost the family feel she had to had to everything.

she also changed the way she started showing things and she showed a completely different side to her, it just all feels off now, not enjoyable content really.

Reactions: 9
I just find it really odd how often the buy all brand new stuff. For instance when the kitchen was done, they then bought brand new cutlery, crockery the lot. There's never hand me down clothes. When they moved to this house, every single piece of old furniture was done away with, all brand new furniture bought. It's so wasteful and greedy and just not what regular people do

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I just find it really odd how often the buy all brand new stuff. For instance when the kitchen was done, they then bought brand new cutlery, crockery the lot. There's never hand me down clothes. When they moved to this house, every single piece of old furniture was done away with, all brand new furniture bought. It's so wasteful and greedy and just not what regular people do
This for me is what makes her unrelatable - her house is soulless, it is decorated to fit an insta aesthetic and doesn’t show her personality at all. In the kitchen, she bought trinkets to stage the shelves which had no personal significance to her, instead of using nice things she’d collected over the years.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This for me is what makes her unrelatable - her house is soulless, it is decorated to fit an insta aesthetic and doesn’t show her personality at all. In the kitchen, she bought trinkets to stage the shelves which had no personal significance to her, instead of using nice things she’d collected over the years.
It was the same for me. When they first moved into the house, I thought her attitude regarding slow decorating was so incredibly refreshing. Especially in an age where people seem to complete a house within a week of moving in and still manage to make it look like everyone else's!

However that was bullshit and she has basically completed her house within a year! The trade off is that it looks so impersonal and trendy.

Also, joining Tattle made me very aware of how children were being exploited by influencers and tbh it really put me off the whole mummy vlogger genre. There really needs to be some legislation to protect the children of vlogging families.

Reactions: 10
I also used to like her as she used to be her own person. None of this trying to be liked (well, it wasn’t so obvious), trying to keep up with everyone and everything. Her old house was done nicely but done for her and her family, rather than making us feel like it’s more for the gram and trying to impress.
I used to like her videos and though she does take a lovely pic or film, I feel it’s all too staged now or more stages than it used to be.
Everything has been done at super speed but I feel that is to keep up with these so called ‘you tube’ and other insta friends (if you can call them that).
And the holidays!! I wish she wouldn’t make out that we can all go on the holidays they go to and try and sell them to her followers. She really doesn’t know her audience if you ask me. She seems to think they are all like her. Nope, sadly not. Though she’s like the rest of us now it’s lockdown. 😂 Bless her, she’s probably having palpitations that she’s not been in a fuel guzzling flying tin can for a few months!! 🤣🤣
I don’t think it helped that they had to start putting AD on things and though I totally agree that things should be declared, it kind of took the inspired feel away. These people are suddenly ‘loving’ every brand they are doing a collaboration with. It’s rare these days to find any brand loyalty from people now as there is so much available but now it’s so much more apparent that people are as flippant as can be. If the brand is paying out the money, giving out the freebies then we’ll be sure to hear about it. Even from dear little Katie.
I don’t begrudge Katie for being very fortunate either and she is certainly quite privileged but I just cannot abide her constant humble brags and her ‘wo little me’ acts.

I also used to like her as she used to be her own person. None of this trying to be liked (well, it wasn’t so obvious), trying to keep up with everyone and everything. Her old house was done nicely but done for her and her family, rather than making us feel like it’s more for the gram and trying to impress.
I used to like her videos and though she does take a lovely pic or film, I feel it’s all too staged now or more stages than it used to be.
Everything has been done at super speed but I feel that is to keep up with these so called ‘you tube’ and other insta friends (if you can call them that).
And the holidays!! I wish she wouldn’t make out that we can all go on the holidays they go to and try and sell them to her followers. She really doesn’t know her audience if you ask me. She seems to think they are all like her. Nope, sadly not. Though she’s like the rest of us now it’s lockdown. 😂 Bless her, she’s probably having palpitations that she’s not been in a fuel guzzling flying tin can for a few months!! 🤣🤣
I don’t think it helped that they had to start putting AD on things and though I totally agree that things should be declared, it kind of took the inspired feel away. These people are suddenly ‘loving’ every brand they are doing a collaboration with. It’s rare these days to find any brand loyalty from people now as there is so much available but now it’s so much more apparent that people are as flippant as can be. If the brand is paying out the money, giving out the freebies then we’ll be sure to hear about it. Even from dear little Katie.
I don’t begrudge Katie for being very fortunate either and she is certainly quite privileged but I just cannot abide her constant humble brags and her ‘wo little me’ acts.
Agree completely. Somewhere along the line she changed a lot, it was clearly a conscious decision, to fit in with an insta style, hair changed, “trendy” oversized glasses, fashion, home style, almost an overhaul. Before, she was totally normal and relatable with her lovely family and home, then the YouTube dollar came calling and it changed her.

I remember a time when Katie used to be VERY choosy about working with brands/doing ads etc. - she would seldom do it. I guess when it became her job, things changed - but I just can't follow people who only want to sell me stuff now, especially if I don't truly believe they are promoting the 'thing' for any other reason than they need to pay for an home extension/new kitchen.

She certainly changed when she became involved with some of these other ‘influencers’ with high follower numbers & realised they were getting the money rolling in. I get that. She was Very lucky to have timed it all so well.
She’s very lucky to have a husband who’s tech savvy and they have all the tech equipment & software to enable her to make these swish videos and she’s very lucky she has had that time to do it all. With a husband who works at home and does web design (or something along those lines) she has had the resources to get herself into possibly a better situation than most hence why she then started to feel the competition out there and the want/desire/need to keep up as it certainly has paid those big extortionate sums of money. She’s certainly not silly.

What grinds me most is that she thinks she’s still the person she was when she started out and thinks she can relate to her original followers. And she then keeps trying too hard. If only she could just be herself again but I think she’s just at the point of no return really unless she starts saying no to the brands she doesn’t really actually use. But hey, she needs to pay for these kitchens, holidays, etc etc! And does she still have that car they were given to AD??
Sadly they/we can’t can’t keep up with all of her renovations & holidays. Only those fellow YouTubers can.

Notice she’s shopping with tesco again from her cheesecake ingredients. 😉
I wonder if that worked better than Wrennys birthday cake!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Did Katie ever cover any of the financial costs of a renovation of that scale I know she mentioned a remortgage but any more than that of how much it actually cost?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.