Katie Ellison #2 Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I swear the term "humble brag" was invented for this woman.

I absolutely adore my neighbours and would most definitely drop off a cake and pressie for their little one during lockdown. However it would not occur to me to go outside and start clapping completely out of the blue. I would have to be asked - and would happily oblige.
Maybe one of her neighbours did plan it but it's odd she knew to come out and film it.
And honestly why would you film it? My instinct would be to enjoy the moment, get someone else to film it and send it to you not grab the phone myself.

Reactions: 7
Of course perfect Katie would have the perfect neighbours 🙄 the whole street apparently came and clapped for Wren on his perfect birthday (and dropped presents and cupcakes). Of course he didn't want anything besides time with his family, pancakes and clapping for the nhs for his 4th birthday. She either lies and portrays an absolutely perfect life or she is incredibly lucky to have nothing but bubblegum and fairies surrounding her.
The pancakes I can believe but which four year old expresses he doesn't want anything except time with his family? I have known 100s of four year olds in my nearly 30 years of work and none I have known say that kind of thing unless of course they have been fed the line. Also would neighbours really go out and start clapping a four year old unless they had been prompted to do so? I know the Ellison's live in a cul-de-sac (who couldn't she has mentioned it a million times) but would they even know when his birthday is? Anyway slightly inappropriate in my opinion. Clapping nhs workers feels as if we're united in our appreciation for all they do. Clapping a four year old for his birthday seems to possibly undermine this unique and special act. Making cupcakes might be kindly meant but accepting them is surely risky during this pandemic? You can't exactly wash them and they may have been given by an asymptomatic carrier.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
The pancakes I can believe but which four year old expresses he doesn't want anything except time with his family? I have known 100s of four year olds in my nearly 30 years of work and none I have known say that kind of thing unless of course they have been fed the line. Also would neighbours really go out and start clapping a four year old unless they had been prompted to do so? I know the Ellison's live in a cul-de-sac (who couldn't she has mentioned it a million times) but would they even know when his birthday is? Anyway slightly inappropriate in my opinion. Clapping nhs workers feels as if we're united in our appreciation for all they do. Clapping a four year old for his birthday seems to possibly undermine this unique and special act. Making cupcakes might be kindly meant but accepting them is surely risky during this pandemic? You can't exactly wash them and they may have been given by an asymptomatic carrier.
Agreed, my daughter is a little older then Katie's son and would not have asked for time with the family, as a gift. I just don't think those thoughts occur to ones that young. She would most definitely ask for her favourite games to be played so I believe that at least!

I don't have a problem with the neighbours coming and clapping/cheering/singing for a four year old. It's a nice way to express affection in these isolated times and I don't think it cheapens the NHS clap.
I just hate the way she has to pretend it's all spontaneous and wasn't planned. Another poster hit the nail on the head, it's the presentation of this sweet twee life that is so obviously artificial.

I respect her decision not to show the tit bits of life. I think she's right not to show the kids misbehaving (in fact I think she and all influencers should take it a step further and not show them at all or not as a content mainstay). I don't why she has to go in the opposite direction, and sugar coat the mundane.

Reactions: 10
I used to really like katie when she lived in her old house and they used to go on Europe breaks and weekends away, she was relatable, now she’s just ridiculous...

Reactions: 11
Agreed, my daughter is a little older then Katie's son and would not have asked for time with the family, as a gift. I just don't think those thoughts occur to ones that young. She would most definitely ask for her favourite games to be played so I believe that at least!

I don't have a problem with the neighbours coming and clapping/cheering/singing for a four year old. It's a nice way to express affection in these isolated times and I don't think it cheapens the NHS clap.
I just hate the way she has to pretend it's all spontaneous and wasn't planned. Another poster hit the nail on the head, it's the presentation of this sweet twee life that is so obviously artificial.

I respect her decision not to show the tit bits of life. I think she's right not to show the kids misbehaving (in fact I think she and all influencers should take it a step further and not show them at all or not as a content mainstay). I don't why she has to go in the opposite direction, and sugar coat the mundane.
On reflection I think you could be right about it being nice that the neighbours came out to wish Wren a happy birthday and I also think you're right that showing affection at this time is nice to do. The neighbours may have thought to do this 'gesture' themselves but I honestly don't really believe that. I think they may have done had they had children of a similar age to Katie's children or otherwise been close to the family but from what Katie has said herself this appears not to be the case. Maybe lockdown has changed that but I doubt it? Actually, it's my opinion, she just wants to portray the perfect ideal. She isn't alone in this as far as mummy vloggers are concerned though - her portrayal is just more sugary sweet than most.

In general terms I find mummy vloggers an irritating group. I dislike how they portray life in the way they do. I feel many of these vloggers have come to really believe their own rhetoric and because people watch, comment positively, like & subscribe really do believe (in spite of insincere self protests) that as mothers they are somehow getting it so right they can share it with the rest of the world. They have nice homes because they have hit on a way of earning money and being the recipients of many gifted items. You hear them say it isn't easy to be a youtuber/IGer. I'm afraid I don't believe that. I think it is an easier way to earn money and an easier life style choice. I don't believe they would chuck in other careers or do it if it weren't an easier and more lucrative option. Why would they?

I think portraying life as perfect can be very damaging to others. I think people make negative comparisons that leave them feeling they aren't quite matching up, aren't getting it quite as right or don't some how quite hit the mark etc. I think a few minutes of carefully edited video which is shot in a pre-prepared clean and tidy home and showing life as you want to depict it and not as it really is gives a very false impression. Noone can match a reality that isn't actually reality.

I personally think these vlogger families compromise and risk an awful lot in order to give the impression of having it all. I think they comprimise their child's privacy. I think they risk their safety. I don't think we know yet what the long term psychological damage being 'shared' with the world will have on these children but I suspect it may cause future MH problems. In my opinion it is absolutely wrong to share children's lives with people you don't know. By all means use social media to share your children with friends & family but why would you want to do that with the world in general? These mothers and fathers are selling their children's privacy, possibly dignity and risking their safety for what? Money, life style, free stuff, a large home? No, that's not for me. I think there is a human cost to mummy vlogging and that human cost is their very own children. It's just not worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yesterday he asked for nothing but a clap and family time... Today he asked non-stop for play doh. Doh!!! Continuity error!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She just can’t make up her mind can she!!!! Definitely a continuity, memory loss issue!!

Of course she planned it all!! No 4 year old would ask for people to clap for him though if he’s anything like his mother...

He’ll be asking for peace on earth next!

Of course the neighbours knew it was his birthday, with so many windows and doors how can it be hidden!! I’m surprised she hasn’t trained the dog to sing happy birthday yet!!

When she comments they were just sitting down to dinner when they saw the neighbours turning up... umm...funny how they could all get up & our with her camera in hand!!

What I did smile at (I know - so mean) was the cake she and JonJon baked! Of course she had to say it was them that baked it, not her!! I know not everyone is gifted with the baking gene but honestly! Most people can make a Victoria sponge!! And in that new kitchen too!! What a waste!! It’s nice to know she’s not totally perfect in every way though!! At last!! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I generally think her kids are mostly well brought up and quite grounded, one thing that does irratate me is the way she allows maddie to be a bit controlling at times, like allowing her to help the younger two open their presents and the way she’s always snatching the Christmas advent message, just little things like that, they need to try and stop that otherwise she’s going to end up extremely bossy when she’s older. I get that eldest children generally are bossy and a bit controlling, but I do think there’s way to help it.

i remember my older half sister used to “help” me open my presents when I could do it myself, still makes me want to punch her in the face...

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Cycling one handed - coz you’ve got to get it on the gram- whilst having Wren in a bike seat on the back!! :rolleyes: No words!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Thinks gin is overrated, coming from the woman who literally says she only drinks Diet Coke, even at 7/8am 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Thinks gin is overrated, coming from the woman who literally says she only drinks Diet Coke, even at 7/8am 🤔
Is this what she says?? She’s shocking!!

I generally think her kids are mostly well brought up and quite grounded, one thing that does irratate me is the way she allows maddie to be a bit controlling at times, like allowing her to help the younger two open their presents and the way she’s always snatching the Christmas advent message, just little things like that, they need to try and stop that otherwise she’s going to end up extremely bossy when she’s older. I get that eldest children generally are bossy and a bit controlling, but I do think there’s way to help it.

i remember my older half sister used to “help” me open my presents when I could do it myself, still makes me want to punch her in the face...
Maddie certainly likes her big sister role and I too find her quite controlling. Though to be honest, I feel Katie is probably a lot like that too what with there being a big gap between herself and her sister. Like mother, like daughter. Katie likes to be the controller. You see it with the way JonJon does everything too in between his American company job!

Reactions: 2
Is this what she says?? She’s shocking!!

Maddie certainly likes her big sister role and I too find her quite controlling. Though to be honest, I feel Katie is probably a lot like that too what with there being a big gap between herself and her sister. Like mother, like daughter. Katie likes to be the controller. You see it with the way JonJon does everything too in between his American company job!
Yeah I can imagine that, my older half sister is 7 years older than me and she was a control freak and she still is, everything is her way or no way! Probably why Katie doesn’t correct Maddie when she does these things.

Has anyone noticed since JonJon’s (not mentioned) dodgy quarantine head shave he has barely featured in any of the content? I feel like he’s been purposefully edited out of even Wren’s birthday montage 😂 😂

• Haha
According to her comments she saw her neighbour earlier and told them what wren wanted and then as they were sitting down for tea they noticed all their neighbours coming out their houses! 😂😂
As they were sitting down for tea? Their kitchen/dining is in the back of the house 🤔

Reactions: 4
Good grief those NYC photos - how much does she fancy herself, she’d eat herself if she was ice cream

• Haha
Has anyone noticed since JonJon’s (not mentioned) dodgy quarantine head shave he has barely featured in any of the content? I feel like he’s been purposefully edited out of even Wren’s birthday montage 😂 😂
They did talk about it. Maybe he's self conscious about it!?

Yes, that was certainly noticed when he was almost completely cropped out of a photo... Do you think he did it himself, or Katie did it? Or maybe Maddie took control...? 🤔 She hasn’t shown the dog much either so maybe he’s had the same or he’s so big now he can’t fit in the picture!! I did notice she was surprised & complaining how big he was getting!! Did she honestly not realise his breed was a known big breed!?

Ohhh my bad I must have missed it. I just thought it hadn’t been mentioned and was an elephant in the room.
I must’ve missed it too.... probably doesn’t help when he puts his strange smirk on either... 😏

Reactions: 3
Does she do an ad like every other day?? How is she still getting work???

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.