Katie Ellison #2 Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did Katie ever cover any of the financial costs of a renovation of that scale I know she mentioned a remortgage but any more than that of how much it actually cost?
I know she mentioned the bathroom was around 15k, not sure about the kitchen and renovation, but I’d guess a hell of a lot more than that!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Did Katie ever cover any of the financial costs of a renovation of that scale I know she mentioned a remortgage but any more than that of how much it actually cost?
She said the kitchen and building works was going to cost around £75k and they would remortgage to cover it. I remember as it was the last vlog of hers I watched.

I imagine, looking at her finishes (premium counter tops and tiles) that they would've gone over this budget though. Personally, I believe that's why she's increased the amount of advertisements on her social media. All speculation though.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
She said the kitchen and building works was going to cost around £75k and they would remortgage to cover it. I remember as it was the last vlog of hers I watched.

I imagine, looking at her finishes (premium counter tops and tiles) that they would've gone over this budget though. Personally, I believe that's why she's increased the amount of advertisements on her social media. All speculation though.
Wow, 75k! My whole house cost me 82k! Then again she did pay 418k for her house so it’s probably nothing to her!

• Wow
I would love a similar kitchen renovation but I’d need to win the lottery first if that’s the cost 😂

75k is a massive lump to add on to a mortgage for what is basically remodelling one room, the house wasn’t extended was it?! thet just jiggled the layout downstairs.

75k is a massive lump to add on to a mortgage for what is basically remodelling one room, the house wasn’t extended was it?! thet just jiggled the layout downstairs.
It's basically adding a second house onto your mortgage!
Rejigging can still cost a lot, depending on what you're doing, especially if it includes a rijig of a kitchen. Also like I said previously her finishes would've been costly.

Reactions: 2
Round my end in Manchester, that would probably cost about £40,000-£50,000..
She lives in a big house down south, builders are definitely going to sting them plus she got everything top spec, brand new everything.. I personally don't think its worth £75k but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

Reactions: 3
The bathroom still cost 7k when she got various things gifted (I'm sure the bath was?)!

The bathroom still cost 7k when she got various things gifted (I'm sure the bath was?)!
I think all the bathroom items were gifted from soak? But the plumbing/tiling etc was paid for themselves.

Oh my days when you put it like that you really do realise how different she really is from when she started out!
Like most of you I followed her because I loved her account when she was pregnant with Wren. She was very relatable back then, lovely family, small family breaks, lovely little bits around her house. Her content was beautiful and curated. Her YouTube videos were lovely. I guess reading the last few pages has made me realise how different she is now. It happened so gradually, I didn't even see it in front of my eyes!
I do still love her holiday videos, even if the locations she visits are completely out of my grasp financially, she is talented (Also with top of the range video editing at her fingertips too though!), and can put together a lovely video, which is a lot more than can be said for certain other mummy vloggers!

We’d all be able to do wonderful video content if we had the equipment and software that she (or is it more JonJon) has available and the time to learn it all. Don’t forget digital media is/was also their line of work before having kids (and still is) so they were already ahead of the game.

As for the kitchen reportedly being £75k, it does shock me yet I’m not surprised at the same time. Yes, it is a decent sized house but not as big as it seems & not the type I would spend £75k on. That’s a shocking amount that a lot of her followers can only dream of. A huge chunk of that will be those bifolds that let all her neighbours look in!
£7k for one bathroom is crazy especially when she had things gifted too!! A luxury the rest of her followers don’t have yet she tries to relate!

Do we really think they plan to stay there for a long time? I’m not too sure but now they’ve added that amount to their mortgage maybe they’ll have to. Unless of course this is why Katie needs to accept all the collabs she can.

Sadly this is what’s put me off her. She’s become greedy, beggy with her followers (please like me, please watch my YouTube videos so you can pay for my materialistic life) which wasn’t her when I first followed back when Lottie was a baby.

On reflection I think you could be right about it being nice that the neighbours came out to wish Wren a happy birthday and I also think you're right that showing affection at this time is nice to do. The neighbours may have thought to do this 'gesture' themselves but I honestly don't really believe that. I think they may have done had they had children of a similar age to Katie's children or otherwise been close to the family but from what Katie has said herself this appears not to be the case. Maybe lockdown has changed that but I doubt it? Actually, it's my opinion, she just wants to portray the perfect ideal. She isn't alone in this as far as mummy vloggers are concerned though - her portrayal is just more sugary sweet than most.

In general terms I find mummy vloggers an irritating group. I dislike how they portray life in the way they do. I feel many of these vloggers have come to really believe their own rhetoric and because people watch, comment positively, like & subscribe really do believe (in spite of insincere self protests) that as mothers they are somehow getting it so right they can share it with the rest of the world. They have nice homes because they have hit on a way of earning money and being the recipients of many gifted items. You hear them say it isn't easy to be a youtuber/IGer. I'm afraid I don't believe that. I think it is an easier way to earn money and an easier life style choice. I don't believe they would chuck in other careers or do it if it weren't an easier and more lucrative option. Why would they?

I think portraying life as perfect can be very damaging to others. I think people make negative comparisons that leave them feeling they aren't quite matching up, aren't getting it quite as right or don't some how quite hit the mark etc. I think a few minutes of carefully edited video which is shot in a pre-prepared clean and tidy home and showing life as you want to depict it and not as it really is gives a very false impression. Noone can match a reality that isn't actually reality.

I personally think these vlogger families compromise and risk an awful lot in order to give the impression of having it all. I think they comprimise their child's privacy. I think they risk their safety. I don't think we know yet what the long term psychological damage being 'shared' with the world will have on these children but I suspect it may cause future MH problems. In my opinion it is absolutely wrong to share children's lives with people you don't know. By all means use social media to share your children with friends & family but why would you want to do that with the world in general? These mothers and fathers are selling their children's privacy, possibly dignity and risking their safety for what? Money, life style, free stuff, a large home? No, that's not for me. I think there is a human cost to mummy vlogging and that human cost is their very own children. It's just not worth it.
This should be on every mummy floggers thread!!! Could no more. They are quite literally pimping out their children.

This for me is what makes her unrelatable - her house is soulless, it is decorated to fit an insta aesthetic and doesn’t show her personality at all. In the kitchen, she bought trinkets to stage the shelves which had no personal significance to her, instead of using nice things she’d collected over the years.
Omg!!! I haven’t watched her for ages....is she still buying f**king Trinkets????🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
That’s why she’s friends with Louise Pentlan, both really sickly sweet!!
She’s friends with that Louise Pentland because she has a huge following. Katie will tag her as her followers will see in the hope they follow Katie back. I don’t follow Louise but I’ve seen a couple of her vlogs when Katie has shared them and I must say that Katie’s are much better quality. Again probably due to better equipment etc.

But it’s all for you suck me & I’ll suck you!!

I couldn’t see them being friends in real life.

There’s a nature reserve about a ten minute walk from them and then a few random parks and things around, not sure about which field that would be but I know there are a few country roads around them with fields, could be them maybe.

interestingly the original photo would have been taken in their old house. So I wonder where the yellow fields are.

I live near here. Plenty of fields to take the photo only a few mins drive which is fine but farmers really hate people doing this. She’s come off the footpath to take the photo. That’s a farmers crop, their livelihood. Imagine thousands of people trampling over crops.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
I live near here. Plenty of fields to take the photo only a few mins drive which is fine but farmers really hate people doing this. She’s come off the footpath to take the photo. That’s a farmers crop, their livelihood. Imagine thousands of people trampling over crops.
Yeah I did think it was a bit odd, I wouldn’t go through a farmer’s field personally.

I found her address on right move ages ago cause I wanted to know what she paid for the house, that’s how I got a rough idea of what’s around.

She won’t care! She’s another one who will now do anything for the gram! And I take it the dog is with them too! More trampling on farmers crops. Absolutely no respect for farmers livelihoods.

And if her hay fever is that bad, why on earth is she in a rapeseed field?????

Notice how she’s now posting pics of her with each kid separately now so she doesn’t favour any in particular... 🤔😉 cue the Maddie one next.... x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.