Katie Ellison #2 Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"plastic fantastic garden" is exactly right. She bizarrely seems determined to erase any trace of nature from her garden yet goes searching for blossom and trees for her photoshoots. She even got cross that some moss had dared to grow in her garden the other day
Dear god!! Not moss!! Poor little Katie!! The earth is fighting back at the moment so of course the moss will try its best to make a comeback through that plastic grass too!! 🤣
She’ll get JonJon on the case I’m sure!! A little bit later on of course when he’s not working for his American company!! 🙄😂

I can just imagine her saying ‘lashings and lashings of ginger beer’!
While playing lacrosse & of course her girls will bounce off the beds while eating a very clean midnight feast! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Had to eyeroll at the her working with Asda George. I have never seen her or her girls wearing George. I know that she will pick up the odd bits up from Tesco or Sainsburys but never heard her mention George. She has said that she was meant to be picking out fashion choices from Asda but Asda let her change her content due to being on lockdown. More like she didn't want her and her kids to be seen in George clothes. Hardly the Adidas, Zara and Next that they are used too.

Reactions: 9
Wasn’t she the face of Tesco last year???? 🤔
Yes and Adidas. I bet if Adidas was offering them free clothes again she would take it rather than doing crafts to show off the brand! She doesn't even like George ffs!
Edit to add: the kids pjs and her grey tracksuit is from George. I still think that she thinks George is beneath her as she hasn't ever showed us wearing anything from their before (that I've seen)

Reactions: 3
Had to eyeroll at the her working with Asda George. I have never seen her or her girls wearing George. I know that she will pick up the odd bits up from Tesco or Sainsburys but never heard her mention George. She has said that she was meant to be picking out fashion choices from Asda but Asda let her change her content due to being on lockdown. More like she didn't want her and her kids to be seen in George clothes. Hardly the Adidas, Zara and Next that they are used too.
OMG! YES!
I just came on here myself to say exactly the same!!
She was so Tesco tesco tesco before and that is where I would place her because that’s where she’s always talked about food shopping then her active wear (mixing it with her Next contract there).
Suddenly at Halloween she became the biggest fan of Sainsburys!! First time I’d heard of her talking about sainsburys! But of course, she’s been offered money & clothes so of course she’s their biggest fan! She’s not mentioned much about sainsburys since so was it just the Halloween contract? 🤔
Now, it’s Asda!! Anything for the money eh Katie!!
She’ll be praying for M&S next! 🙄
What bad timing to AD clothes to us all stuck at home! Yes, she can’t help this & says this hadn’t been the plan and lockdown etc has put a spanner in the works (shame Katie) but there’ll also be a lot of people who are utilising their money a little bit more at this current time and though Asda is good value, a lot of people don’t want to spend what extra cash (if any) on clothes they don’t really need.
God! She really is as money grabbing as the rest of them! *pictures Katie & JonJon clinking their ginger beer drinks together!! Alright, Diet Coke for Katie!!!!

Reactions: 5
She really is as money grabbing as the rest of them!
She really is and always was. It is such an insecure "profession" that you have to grab the work when you can. That said, jumping from brand to brand, company to company is exactly what breaks the audience's trust.
Once the trust has gone it's really hard to get it back. Reputation counts for a lot.

As an aside, aren't we just loving all the ads influencers are still plugging. We're in an actual crisis, not just a health one, but an impending recession with job losses and the fun that comes with that. Yet it's still wonderful to know I can buy loungewear from Asda whilst I lose my job and am unable to find another!

Reactions: 7
It’s because she doesn’t live anywhere near an Asda either both are about 20 miles from where she lives (I live nearby!)

Reactions: 2
This is one influencer that really makes me feel tit about myself. Esp the way she is suddenly in another country, the way she does that just makes me feel like my life is tit, idk how to explain why but I cant even follow her.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
This is one influencer that really makes me feel tit about myself. Esp the way she is suddenly in another country, the way she does that just makes me feel like my life is tit, idk how to explain why but I cant even follow her.
I know what you mean, I unfollowed a long time ago because she was one of the first influencers to make me feel really tit. I think it’s because she plays the simple life, girl-next-door then pops out a 3 week international holiday or new bathroom from seemingly nowhere and you begin to realise actually this woman is not like me at all and you feel duped by the act 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 13
I think the reason that she isn't "bigger" and more successful (because her camera and editing skills are amazing) is because she is so twee. Watching her day in the life videos is more like watching a cheesy advert for a holiday home or something. Arty shots of breakfast whilst music is playing. Kids and house perfect, she doesn't say anything interesting. She is very boring to watch imo.

Reactions: 14
Don’t think she’d ever be able to shake off her twee’ness either. Do you think she talks like that all the time?

Notice how she thinks she’s ‘ambassador‘ of the stop motion!! She was telling people to swipe up a week or so ago for a tutorial. Umm, I can google that if I need to Katie. An idea you took from somewhere else.

I notice how only a few days ago she also decided to ‘dress’ up to make herself feel better rather than slob around (unless Asda sends her free loungewear!) due to seeing what OTHER people are doing.
She very rarely comes up with her own ideas either.

I also reckon she decided to do the dress up thing as a warm up to her Asda collab as she could include that into the content she wrote for that post. With yet more stop motion!!! 🙄🥱

I know what you mean, I unfollowed a long time ago because she was one of the first influencers to make me feel really tit. I think it’s because she plays the simple life, girl-next-door then pops out a 3 week international holiday or new bathroom from seemingly nowhere and you begin to realise actually this woman is not like me at all and you feel duped by the act 🤷🏻‍♀️
And yes, she must be completely deluded if she thinks we/she can relate when she goes on the type holidays she does and bangs out a brand new kitchen & bathroom at a speed only ‘influencers’ and the privileged can keep up with. Does she really think the rest of us can watch her videos etc and say ‘fab Katie, thanks. I’ll book that holiday now I know you can do it! I will do my kitchen now I know you’ve done it’! Silly mare! If only we could!!

Last edited:
It’s annoying as well because she has had financial help, her mum helped her to buy her first home.

sounds stupid but I live in a 2 bed terraced and sometimes looking at Katie’s (and others) houses and how nice they are it does make me feel down, I know I shouldn’t look but I can’t help it. I also love America and I’d love to be able to do the travel to America like she does, the whole influencer thing is very sad really, it just rubs people’s faces in what they can’t have or what isn’t realistic to have. I’m tempted to block them all.

Reactions: 10
It’s annoying as well because she has had financial help, her mum helped her to buy her first home.

sounds stupid but I live in a 2 bed terraced and sometimes looking at Katie’s (and others) houses and how nice they are it does make me feel down, I know I shouldn’t look but I can’t help it. I also love America and I’d love to be able to do the travel to America like she does, the whole influencer thing is very sad really, it just rubs people’s faces in what they can’t have or what isn’t realistic to have. I’m tempted to block them all.
That says it all then if mummy dearest helped with the first house. She’s not short of a bob or two when you see her house. Neither are other family members do Katie is certainly more privileged than she makes out.

She did a Q&A a couple of moths ago and someone asked about holidays. I nearly spat out what I was eating when I read her response. They had booked a family holiday to Japan!!! Yup, Japan!! What average family does that!! I don’t care when she added that they found a great price deal!! What a load of 💩 Funnily enough though she then also said they cancelled it as they realised they shouldn’t go away while Rolo was so young. More like none of their family wanted to look after it & no kennel was giving her a dog boarding collab. She probably also read on here & then worried about what people would think because it wouldn’t have been a week or two weeks either like the average family. And not forgetting she was harping on about being in so called ‘debt’ with how much their bloody pink kitchen cost!!
I’d love to just get to Spain with my family, let alone all these other places. She really is a joke. 🙄

• Angry
Of course perfect Katie would have the perfect neighbours 🙄 the whole street apparently came and clapped for Wren on his perfect birthday (and dropped presents and cupcakes). Of course he didn't want anything besides time with his family, pancakes and clapping for the nhs for his 4th birthday. She either lies and portrays an absolutely perfect life or she is incredibly lucky to have nothing but bubblegum and fairies surrounding her.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Of course perfect Katie would have the perfect neighbours 🙄 the whole street apparently came and clapped for Wren on his perfect birthday (and dropped presents and cupcakes). Of course he didn't want anything besides time with his family, pancakes and clapping for the nhs for his 4th birthday. She either lies and portrays an absolutely perfect life or she is incredibly lucky to have nothing but bubblegum and fairies surrounding her.
never commented on Katie before as I actually like her But making out the clapping was a surprise?She obviously planned it or how else would her neighbours know wren wanted to clap and the date of his birthday?! 😂 it wasn’t just a case of ooh look what happened when we opened the door like she portrays! She must have told one of her neighbours what he wants and his birth date?

never commented on Katie before as I actually like her But making out the clapping was a surprise?She obviously planned it or how else would her neighbours know wren wanted to clap and the date of his birthday?! 😂 it wasn’t just a case of ooh look what happened when we opened the door like she portrays! She must have told one of her neighbours what he wants and his birth date?
Yeah totally. My grandma has her road clap for her birthday recently but she’s lived there 60 years 🤣🤣 would have taken some planning from Katie and she doesn’t honestly come across as the most sociable or neighbourly person either so am surprised!

Reactions: 4
Exactly. Why else open the door with your mobile in your hand casually turned on to filming?! 🤣

• Haha
According to her comments she saw her neighbour earlier and told them what wren wanted and then as they were sitting down for tea they noticed all their neighbours coming out their houses! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm another one who might unfollow her. What exactly is her purpose other than to brag about what she has? I used to like her interior style so would buy a similar cushion or vase or something small like that. Now its full blown expensive house projects in quick succession... kitchens, gardens, bathrooms with furniture that is wayyyyy over my budget(and I am doing ok financially). Obviously she is who she is so shouldn't pretend to have a tit life and tit furniture to please others but I would hate it if my job was to be a professional bragger/professional rub my fortune in people faces. To sum her up, there is nothing else to her other than bragging about her perfect kids in their perfect house with her doormat husband. Rant over 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm another one who might unfollow her. What exactly is her purpose other than to brag about what she has? I used to like her interior style so would buy a similar cushion or vase or something small like that. Now its full blown expensive house projects in quick succession... kitchens, gardens, bathrooms with furniture that is wayyyyy over my budget(and I am doing ok financially). Obviously she is who she is so shouldn't pretend to have a tit life and tit furniture to please others but I would hate it if my job was to be a professional bragger/professional rub my fortune in people faces. To sum her up, there is nothing else to her other than bragging about her perfect kids in their perfect house with her doormat husband. Rant over 😆
I swear the term "humble brag" was invented for this woman.

I absolutely adore my neighbours and would most definitely drop off a cake and pressie for their little one during lockdown. However it would not occur to me to go outside and start clapping completely out of the blue. I would have to be asked - and would happily oblige.
Maybe one of her neighbours did plan it but it's odd she knew to come out and film it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.