Katie Ellison #2 Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I completely agree with this. I don't watch kid-floggers for leisure, I don't understand the appeal at all. I just watch the ones I know in RL occasionally with amusement and horror to see what nonsense and lies they are chatting.

Many of these mothers are extraordinary actresses and tale tellers, they should put these skills to better use!
So true. I make no judgement of people who consume mummy vloggers content, of course when I became a mum for the first time I watched them as it felt relevant. I was really sucked in at first, I bulk now at how money I parted with buying recommended products. I'm more concerned about how these as actresses (that's exactly what they are) impact on vulnerable new mums.

Also, I feel for their children. I often think about how I'd feel if my early life had been shared in the way Katie shares her childrens. I think I'd be seething with my mother!
Hers may be grow up to be absolutely fine with it but there will be influencer children who are damaged in some way by their parents actions.

Reactions: 3
The London marathon's been postponed until October. I bet she's breathed a sigh of relief. Wonder if she'll keep up her training still, though :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah, I'm suuuure you're disappointed that the marathon has been postponed 6 months.... 🤥🤥🤥

• Haha
hmm marathon training through the stifling hot summer months! rather them than me!

Reactions: 4
Yeah, I'm suuuure you're disappointed that the marathon has been postponed 6 months.... 🤥🤥🤥
I had to laugh when I saw her post saying she’d be lying if she didn’t say she was a little disappointed. She’s been praying it would be cancelled, let alone post-poned. Then again, she needs the attention so of course that’s why she’s disappointed.
The worse thing for us though is we’ve got even more months of her whittling on about it!!
No excuse now Katie though as you’ll be having longer training than many others have all other marathon years!! Yes, it’s still a huge challenge & I wouldn’t want to keep up training through the summer months - if we’re not all in isolation that is but you can’t say you’ve had no time to prepare 😉

Reactions: 2
What is it with this woman and seeing doctors? I totally understand that the NHS is struggling right now; but if your kid is complaining of ear pain and never gets ear infections, wouldn't that set of some alarm bells? I'm fine with waiting a few days to see how they feel, but I'd at least follow-up with my kid every morning to see where they're at. Then the stuff about watering the plants. She sounds like such an air head sometimes.

Erg... Of course she has to tell everyone about dropping cards round to her neighbours. She's so amazing :rolleyes:.

Those new videos she does are so self-indulgent. No one wants to see you pour coffee using 5 different camera angles.

Apologies, it was water, not coffee. Arguably more boring.
She filmed her feet in the shower and washing up. She must constantly have her phone out which means she's not actually enjoying the moment, just filming it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Personally I prefer to see influencers sharing what they are doing, being grateful for the support local people are giving her grandparents. It is the one time I want to see them use this app and community for good.

I get more annoyed by the ones ignoring it. Putting on the 'Hi Guys here is something for me to flog you' or anyone who uses the #Covid19 - yes, I've actually seen someone do that!

Personally I prefer to see influencers sharing what they are doing, being grateful for the support local people are giving her grandparents. It is the one time I want to see them use this app and community for good.

I get more annoyed by the ones ignoring it. Putting on the 'Hi Guys here is something for me to flog you' or anyone who uses the #Covid19 - yes, I've actually seen someone do that!
That's fair.

Not sure why I'm not a fan of it, I think it's mainly because it seems like showing off. Happy for her to discuss the support her Grandparents are getting as that is nice.
It might be because she's such a show off that I can't believe she's done it for any other reason than to show what a great person she is.

Reactions: 4
That's fair.

Not sure why I'm not a fan of it, I think it's mainly because it seems like showing off. Happy for her to discuss the support her Grandparents are getting as that is nice.
It might be because she's such a show off that I can't believe she's done it for any other reason than to show what a great person she is.
I do think she likes to be that person who thinks of everything and is so kind and helpful and lovely. Not necessarily a bad thing but I feel like she reminds me of my aunt who is exactly the same and very high-achieving with it, BUT incredibly controlling. It’s got to the point in my extended family that we can’t make a decision that affects my Nan without it having to be run past my aunt. I have a feeling Katie is a bit like this. All sweetness and light on the surface but hard as nails underneath and always gets what she wants.

Reactions: 6
Erg... Of course she has to tell everyone about dropping cards round to her neighbours. She's so amazing :rolleyes:.

Those new videos she does are so self-indulgent. No one wants to see you pour coffee using 5 different camera angles.

Apologies, it was water, not coffee. Arguably more boring.
She filmed her feet in the shower and washing up. She must constantly have her phone out which means she's not actually enjoying the moment, just filming it.
I do get what you mean. Sweet little Katie. She knows it too hence a kind of ‘disclaimer’. She would’ve seen stuff on the likes of Facebook & the news and as she says their road has quite a lot of elderly so.... 👸

And as for these IGTV’s she’s started doing even though she claims she gets all embarrassed (🤥), I’m not sure. She said another account has inspired her. Katie’s not just been inspired, she’s basically copied her. They’re just a lot longer than this other account & as you say, does she ever enjoy the moment?? Yawn!

I do think she likes to be that person who thinks of everything and is so kind and helpful and lovely. Not necessarily a bad thing but I feel like she reminds me of my aunt who is exactly the same and very high-achieving with it, BUT incredibly controlling. It’s got to the point in my extended family that we can’t make a decision that affects my Nan without it having to be run past my aunt. I have a feeling Katie is a bit like this. All sweetness and light on the surface but hard as nails underneath and always gets what she wants.
Did you see her stories the other week in the back of her dads car? Now she says she was joking that she was sulking behind her sister but I actually reckon she really was seething and that there’s more to it than that. Why joke about it to thousands of followers?? She’s certainly the sort to normally get her own way. JonJon knows this too!!

I'm a lurker on this thread but I don't understand why one of the girls has never had a hair cut. She's 6/7?. I only have boys whose hair seems to grow like grass so they're always at the barbers. Is it different for girls? X

Why has she always got to the most dramatic person? People are dying, losing their jobs, getting abused at work, struggling to buy food, possibly losing their homes and she’s feeling grief because her kids can’t go to school? That’s just silly...

Reactions: 9
Obviously we’ll be giving her some slack these coming months (or will we) but is it me or is she becoming even more sickly sweet? With her (other people’s ideas but she does admit to stealing some) tips on what to do with the kids to keep them busy, the endless messages of appreciation, her gratefulness, her thinking of neighbours it still gets a little bit over perfect. She’s trying to be like the rest of us I guess but I still can’t help but see her as trying too hard. She still won’t be like a lot of people. I just hope she really does realise she is extremely lucky to be a family who can stay home. Both she & Jonjon both work from home & neither of them are key workers so don’t need to risk themselves or their children unlike a lot of us. Plenty of sofa days watching movies coming her way I’m sure. I just hope she doesn’t gloat too much. She will but will cleverly do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I'm a lurker on this thread but I don't understand why one of the girls has never had a hair cut. She's 6/7?. I only have boys whose hair seems to grow like grass so they're always at the barbers. Is it different for girls? X
Lots of girls don’t have their hair cut until later (I’m a hairdresser!) I think people just want them to have long hair and are worried we might take too much off x

No it’s not, I had boys and they had it cut every 6/8 weeks, girls don’t need it that much, my daughter gets it done maybe 3 times a year, we wanted her to have long hair but it still needs a trim

Was I the only one who was a bit uncomfortable with her stories yesterday? The bit where Lottie said about sitting on her bum and Katie was trying to tell Instagram and Lottie obviously didn't want her to. It seemed really mean of her to do that.

I know this will sound horrible but her kids look SUCH a state whilst she is preened to "perfection" (Read: vain as f***!)
Those girls look like miserable, unkempt boys. They speak badly, they're dressed badly yet she does next to nothing. I don't get it, genuinely.

Katie, you're only meant to be going out for essential reasons. Taking pictures on a dog walk is not an essential reason to be out, fair enough, take the dog out but please don't stop to take family pictures. It's not that you want to document the time, it's that you want to show off the pictures on Instagram.

People like her are the reason we're going to be on a stricter lockdown. It's so selfish.

Reactions: 8
Katie, you're only meant to be going out for essential reasons. Taking pictures on a dog walk is not an essential reason to be out, fair enough, take the dog out but please don't stop to take family pictures. It's not that you want to document the time, it's that you want to show off the pictures on Instagram.

People like her are the reason we're going to be on a stricter lockdown. It's so selfish.
Yes, you’re right. Her post is more about pass the bucket folks, I’m going to be even more sickly sweet about how grateful I am. Reminding us all how deeply in love with her kids she is. Does she really need to tell us all?
A lot of her family pics look the same if you ask me with the sunlight just in the right position. She doesn’t need to get her perfect picture to show everyone again! Post an old one Katie.
As you say, the whole lockdown means, go out if you really need to. Food, a walk to exercise (I guess she needs this due to very small plastic garden - they need a bit of real world) or walk dog. Not go in search of a place to pose with your family. Bet they pop out every day for food too although JonJon is probably doing that to escape and gets told to bring home flowers, diet cake and a chocolate bar for Katie while she gazes at her children, even while they bicker which to Katie (who feels she needs to tell us the kids bicker too - we don’t care), she loves it all!!
Personally I thought there may have been more posts of her utilising her perfect perfect kitchen that she lives so much!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.