Katie Ellison #2 Whizzing through the house refurb to keep up with the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same here, so disappointed, I thought she was transparent as she always says she wants to be. It’s such a kick in the teeth. We saved hard to go to dlp for 3 days in Christmas season, didn’t eat in restaurants as at 40€ per person it was way out of our budget so just ate at counter service places. And there’s her spouting off about how easy it was to upgrade to half board, yes course it is love if you’re not paying.
She’s always made things seem so easy and affordable yet they are not. It’s all very false.

As you say, it’s all very easy when you’re getting freebies thrown at you. We could all do it.

Katie is certainly getting like the rest of them. To be honest though, I think she always has been and has just been clever with it. Telling us she’s transparent. Somehow manipulated everyone into thinking she is. Puts on the sweet little innocent squeaky voice, telling us repeatedly about how very blessed she is.

They all want to tell us they’re transparent yet there’s a different with saying it and actually doing it. She’s laughing at us all with her free holidays, harping on that she worked for the travel industry so it gives her that experience and more rights that she is the best person for the job. Notice how she very easily diverts stories and information she gives. Wool being pulled over many eyes. Sadly not all eyes.

Just own up Katie. And don’t give us some sob story.

Reactions: 8
Love how she says it’s a “job” she’s proud of, like being paid to take your kids to Disney to be spoilt is work by anyone else’s standards 🤦🏼‍♀️
Sickening isn’t it! She is also the MOST wooden of all “influencers” on YouTube / videos... how DLP could have paid her for that.. I could barely get to the end of the video without falling asleep and cringing at how uncomfortable she looked!!

Reactions: 5
But now she’s done a Facebook post about it. So that makes it all ok. Right?
It's so interesting that now she posts about it, but on the Facebook page that hasn't been updated since Christmas Eve.

Essentially when she 'went offline' for the weekend in November, that will be when they went. And one of her 'London' days. If you were so, so proud of it, why haven't you posted about it on your usual channels?

I think she has been caught out and is now covering her tracks, but not very well.

Katie, if you were going to post about it to keep up the pretence of transparency, you should have given it a grid post or an insta story. Putting it up on your page that has been missed in the rebrand screams 'back track' to me. This is the kind of stuff some of the other 'shady' influencers pull.

Extremely disappointed now. Cant even be properly transparent when 'caught' is this another 'boob' a la Mrs Meldrum?

Was it 'complicated' to make a grid post on the gram where most of your followers are, and would probably actually be pleased for you? Did you 'not want to make people feel bad' about your extra holiday?

If you claim to be so so transparent, then BE transparent, it's not hard?

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I have looked many times for this video on facebook and cannot see it 😭 does anyone have a link? I have went on disneyland paris' official fb page and its all in french.. I'm not on fb but still can access public pages

I have looked many times for this video on facebook and cannot see it 😭 does anyone have a link? I have went on disneyland paris' official fb page and its all in french.. I'm not on fb but still can access public pages
Heres the link:

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Does anyone know why she’s not mentioning who the kitchen is sourced from. In one of the videos she said she wouldn’t say yet as kitchen isn’t completed so would only give a ‘review’ of sorts once it was completed. Yet in the recent kitchen Reno video before and after she doesn’t mention at all what has to be the most interesting and fundamental part of the project (where the kitchen is from!) and although has answered lots of questions in the comments she has ignored anyone who asks who they kitchen is by?!

So bizarre! What’s that’s all about? We are doing a kitchen soon and am interested to look at suppliers. Very very weird to do this project but refuse to say where from.

• Wow
Reactions: 7

Another video of it, slightly different to the one posted above as it doesn’t have Katy in front of a green screen

• Sad
Does anyone know why she’s not mentioning who the kitchen is sourced from. In one of the videos she said she wouldn’t say yet as kitchen isn’t completed so would only give a ‘review’ of sorts once it was completed. Yet in the recent kitchen Reno video before and after she doesn’t mention at all what has to be the most interesting and fundamental part of the project (where the kitchen is from!) and although has answered lots of questions in the comments she has ignored anyone who asks who they kitchen is by?!

So bizarre! What’s that’s all about? We are doing a kitchen soon and am interested to look at suppliers. Very very weird to do this project but refuse to say where from.
She claims it’s because they were a local company and she “doesn’t want to give away where she lives”... I don’t know why she’s so worried about that, she’s spread so much of her life on the internet that worryingly if you type her into google the suggested searches include “Katie Ellison Cambridge” and another one. I could not comprise my kids safety the way she does!

Last edited by a moderator:
What the situation with the kittens? I don’t ever remember any mention of them. Just about getting a dog?

• Sad
What the situation with the kittens? I don’t ever remember any mention of them. Just about getting a dog?
It was quite a while ago, although I don't think she ever mentioned she got rid of them. Although she shares every single bit of her life, she neglected to mention that.
Screenshot_20200124_174215_com.instagram.android.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Katie is certainly getting like the rest of them. To be honest though, I think she always has been and has just been clever with it. Telling us she’s transparent. Somehow manipulated everyone into thinking she is. Puts on the sweet little innocent squeaky voice, telling us repeatedly about how very blessed she
I think Katie and most other influencers believe that they are transparent. They think by saying "I only work with brands I love/believe in/would buy anyway." Gives them a free pass to do what they like.

Just because she marks things as an ad does not make her morally superior to the dickheads of her genre. She LITERALLY sold footage of her children to a for profit company. I would never love or believe in a brand enough to SELL them rights to video of my kids.

I'm so bored of the hypocrisy of the people who defend Katie and simultaneously blast the Rebeccas (Meldrum and Lamb) and that Hinch woman for exploiting their kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's so interesting that now she posts about it, but on the Facebook page that hasn't been updated since Christmas Eve.

Essentially when she 'went offline' for the weekend in November, that will be when they went. And one of her 'London' days. If you were so, so proud of it, why haven't you posted about it on your usual channels?

I think she has been caught out and is now covering her tracks, but not very well.

Katie, if you were going to post about it to keep up the pretence of transparency, you should have given it a grid post or an insta story. Putting it up on your page that has been missed in the rebrand screams 'back track' to me. This is the kind of stuff some of the other 'shady' influencers pull.

Extremely disappointed now. Cant even be properly transparent when 'caught' is this another 'boob' a la Mrs Meldrum?

Was it 'complicated' to make a grid post on the gram where most of your followers are, and would probably actually be pleased for you? Did you 'not want to make people feel bad' about your extra holiday?

If you claim to be so so transparent, then BE transparent, it's not hard?
Where did she post this? On FB?

Heres the link:

Couldn’t watch all of this! Katie looks ridiculous!! Of course it’s easy when the company send you away and pays for it for you so you can stand there selling it instead of a celeb who would want to be paid a lot more. This does not relate at all.

Now we know why they go out for lots of meals when at home (pizza express being a favourite). In the hope that restaurants and companies see them and think oh look, a family we can exploit!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
You can quite easily work out her address and the school her children attend too, I’ve seen it mentioned online before. She gives away so much information.
Scarily so. When they moved, with just a bit of research from her sites & photos, I actually found out the exact address on Rightmove! If I can do it, anyone can! Very scary! But I guess she has a fishbowl of a house too so 🤷‍♀️ Poor kids! I think not letting them have phones is the least of her worries!

Scarily so. When they moved, with just a bit of research from her sites & photos, I actually found out the exact address on Rightmove! If I can do it, anyone can! Very scary! But I guess she has a fishbowl of a house too so 🤷‍♀️ Poor kids! I think not letting them have phones is the least of her worries!
So did I! I wanted to look at it on rightmove just for a nosey at the price.:LOL: It is far too easy for people to find out everything online.

Reactions: 3
So did I! I wanted to look at it on rightmove just for a nosey at the price.:LOL: It is far too easy for people to find out everything online.
Way too easy! Ha ha yes, I wanted to know the price too and how much they were selling their old one for too. 😉

It was quite a while ago, although I don't think she ever mentioned she got rid of them. Although she shares every single bit of her life, she neglected to mention that.
View attachment 75631
This really is so sad 😞 That kitten is gorgeous and she gave it & it’s friend up?? What I find sadder is that someone did ask yet apparently she was very blasé about it...
Probably another reason why they didn’t adopt a dog. They would’ve been asked ‘have you given up an animal before?’
Yes, there can be a very good explanation why but she doesn’t seem to have had one. Though she’ll read this and suddenly come up with an excuse that she’ll think is acceptable.
It’s too easy for these people to go buy a puppy instead!
It’s sad here that she says on her post that she was more of a dog person but looking forward to being a cat mum! Was there a craze back then to get cats?? 🤔☹

Last edited:
Why did she give the kittens up ? What was the reason and how long did she have them ? I’ve never ever heard her mention she had kittens ? No idea how anyone who works from home or not couldn’t cope with cats..... we have always had cats

Why did she give the kittens up ? What was the reason and how long did she have them ? I’ve never ever heard her mention she had kittens ? No idea how anyone who works from home or not couldn’t cope with cats..... we have always had cats
If I'm remembering correctly, it was just before they started getting lots of travel / holiday opportunities, she replied to someone who asked about the cats on Instagram that they were away a lot and it just didn't seem fair to keep the cats with their travel commitments.

Can understand that she hadn't anticipated they would be able to capitalise on the travel content as much as they have, but in my family, if we already had pets, the commitment would be to them and other aspects of life would have to adjust around them, rather than getting rid of the inconvenience. I wonder if the children missed the cats. It must have been hard to explain.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.