Kate Murnane - dollybowbow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a strange move. The house looks attractive but the road and area looks horrid, and I couldn’t have that motorway noise in the garden. It’s almost like they moved to be within the m25 or for school catchments.

Reactions: 5
I was horrified at the road noise when she was in their bedroom! Then she went into the garden and it was so much louder than I expected!
The house will probably look lovely once they’ve put their own touch on it but the road noise ruins the location. I would not pay for a field view when it’s ruined with that racket. In the vlog she said they couldn’t believe they found the field so I wonder if they just rushed the move rather than waiting for the perfect view and location.
We also have to remember we are in lockdown and there isn’t as much traffic on the roads so it’s going to get worse!

Reactions: 11
You do get get accustomed to noise ... I lived in my first flat next to a railway line and could read the front page of the commuters newspapers ....it was a busy London train station nearby .... after about a month you don’t hear it .....but duck me my first flat was £25k ....I can put up with noise not at middle age and spending that amount of money then more on top to do improve the house ...and on an ugly street ....you can put glitter on tit ....but it’s still tit

Reactions: 4
You definitely start to get used to it if you have to, but I still wouldn't have picked it in a million years. For starters, the level of pollution will be HUGE.

When I look at it on the map, it still shocks me. She's literally sandwiched between M25 and another main motorway... Both being significantly less than half a mile from her garden either side. You can SEE the drivers in their cars 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️

Also, she's got a water treatment plant at the end of her street! Does that mean sewage? Because my in-laws bought a house near one. It was fine in the winter, but the entire summer they couldn't go outside because the entire village smelled like warm human poo. It's HORRIFIC!!! They can't even open their windows on a warm day, and that's a few miles away, not at the end of their road.

The people around them tend to sell their houses in the winter when the smell isn't bad, and obviously, no one advertises the God awful summer stench otherwise no one would live there.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
The house as it is right now, is very livable. I definitely prefer its layout to their old home. But the outside / curb appeal / location in general, is a hot mess. I would not live in an area with two major motorways at either side of me. No thank you.

Assuming all goes well for them, I'm sure they make that home look beautiful both inside and out. But if she gets restless again and decides it's time to move on, she could be in for a rude awakening. As my FIL always says, it's better to have a modest house in a nicer neighborhood, then it is to have the most luxurious house in a crappy area. They could go to town remodeling that place, but they need to make sure they will profit from it in the end.

Reactions: 13
The layout is fine, but I dunno - it's kind of a weird 1970s/1980s box and very very close tp their neighbours despite being "detached". I think that they wanted to be detached as the main reason for the move.

They're for sure going to knock the kitchen diner through.

Reactions: 3
I hope she’s not planning any videos in the garden when the weather improves...won’t be able to hear her over the traffic drone 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The more I hear about the location of this house, the more I wonder if these two actually have a clue.

They'll probably only stay two years in this place too (less if there's a smell of sewage everywhere!)

Reactions: 6
I think they really want to seem like they know what they're doing, but they don't.

Their first purchase was a complete balls up. They couldn't do what they wanted with it, spent a fortune on it anyway, and made pretty much nothing on it after costs when they sold it 2 years later.

Now they've spent another £100k and they're left with a very underwhelming £600k house in an absolutely appalling location.

They're going spend an absolute fortune on renovating it and more than likely lose money on it or be stuck with a house they can't shift.

No amount of Pinterest kitchen and cute prints is going to make that road-noise, heavy motorway pollution from both sides, rough area and the smell of sewage any nicer.

It wasn't even a bargain... I can't understand why you would compromise so much with such a high budget. They just wanted to rush into the big Instagram kitchen extension and I think they're going to regret this purchase too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I think they really want to seem like they know what they're doing, but they don't.

Their first purchase was a complete balls up. They couldn't do what they wanted with it, spent a fortune on it anyway, and made pretty much nothing on it after costs when they sold it 2 years later.

Now they've spent another £100k and they're left with a very underwhelming £600k house in an absolutely appalling location.

They're going spend an absolute fortune on renovating it and more than likely lose money on it or be stuck with a house they can't shift.

No amount of Pinterest kitchen and cute prints is going to make that road-noise, heavy motorway pollution from both sides, rough area and the smell of sewage any nicer.

It wasn't even a bargain... I can't understand why you would compromise so much with such a high budget. They just wanted to rush into the big Instagram kitchen extension and I think they're going to regret this purchase too.
The previous owners must have celebrated when the contracts were signed. I bet they’ve moved to a quieter area.

Reactions: 8
@Jobagels i think you’re spot on. They’ve moved a lot and never seem happy but it’s their rushed decisions and bad judgments.
Once they had their furniture in the living room it was full, so what was the point in getting a wider room? Yes the extension will add more room but not enough IMO. Nothing they do will be able to mask the location & traffic noise + pollution.
Rik seemed so unenthusiastic in the vlog of the move when he was taking the tv down 🤣

absolutey spot on!

Reactions: 1
Around the corner from me again, but more closer to the actual town. That road is very rough and in the summer the smell coming from the Thames water place can be absolutely horrific. Last summer we popped to the garden centre near there and the smell driving past :sick:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Around the corner from me again, but more closer to the actual town. That road is very rough and in the summer the smell coming from the Thames water place can be absolutely horrific. Last summer we popped to the garden centre near there and the smell driving past :sick:
it seems that they were so desperate for content that they have settled on a house... not thought it through at all.

Reactions: 5
I live about 3/4 miles from a treatment plant. Most of the time it’s fine but when they do maintenance and the lids come off and the wind is blowing in your direction it’s pretty rank. I’d hate to live any closer.....as you want to sit in your garden on a summers evening with the wafting smell of shite in the air whilst sipping on a G&T 🤢

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I was horrified at the road noise when she was in their bedroom! Then she went into the garden and it was so much louder than I expected!
The house will probably look lovely once they’ve put their own touch on it but the road noise ruins the location. I would not pay for a field view when it’s ruined with that racket. In the vlog she said they couldn’t believe they found the field so I wonder if they just rushed the move rather than waiting for the perfect view and location.
We also have to remember we are in lockdown and there isn’t as much traffic on the roads so it’s going to get worse!
Stamp duty holiday is about to expire, they needed to get on it to avoid paying thousands of £££

Also, she's got a water treatment plant at the end of her street! Does that mean sewage? Because my in-laws bought a house near one. It was fine in the winter, but the entire summer they couldn't go outside because the entire village smelled like warm human poo. It's HORRIFIC!!! They can't even open their windows on a warm day, and that's a few miles away, not at the end of their road.

The people around them tend to sell their houses in the winter when the smell isn't bad, and obviously, no one advertises the God awful summer stench otherwise no one would live there.
There are Thames Water treatment works all over London, it usually doesn't smell bad unless you live right next to it. There's one half a mile from me and I can never smell anything.

I can't understand why they would move to a known rough area. Doesn't make sense. They must know the area too since as far as I can tell (from reading here) they haven't moved all that far from their old place.

When I first heard that Kate was moving house I thought she'd be moving to a nice tranquil countryside location. I definitely got that one wrong!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.