Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Perhaps because for Kate moving to formula feeding might be what she needs to help her mental health? And a healthy Mum is the bare minimum that Noa needs.

I am no fan of hers but do not think that it is right to shame a Mum for how she feeds her baby.
No one on this thread has shamed her at all? At all.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not even me after above post lol, I just seriously question her logic! She has made her mind up clearly, so just do it instead of ask her minions what they did.
No one on this thread has shamed her at all? At all.
True!! Not even me after above post lol, I just seriously question her logic! She has made her mind up clearly, so just do it instead of ask her minions what they did. Knowing full well what the response would be.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Not even me after above post lol, I just seriously question her logic! She has made her mind up clearly, so just do it instead of ask her minions what they did.

True!! Not even me after above post lol, I just seriously question her logic! She has made her mind up clearly, so just do it instead of ask her minions what they did. Knowing full well what the response would be.
I think the ‘fed is not best, it’s the bare minimum’ came across as shaming, and as Kate is considering formula feeding then your comment could be interpreted as shaming her.
I think she should do what feels best for her, and only she knows that. Asking strangers on the internet for validation isn’t the answer.

Reactions: 22
I hate the breast vs formula argument/debate. I think everyone should do what’s best for them and their family.
Most people know the pros of breast feeding but formula was made for a reason and I’m sure when they all start school at 5 years old, you won’t be able to tell a breast fed baby against a formula fed baby.

I really hate that anyone is ever made to feel ashamed of how they choose to feed their baby, weather it’s breast or formula.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I think the ‘fed is not best, it’s the bare minimum’ came across as shaming, and as Kate is considering formula feeding then your comment could be interpreted as shaming her.
I think she should do what feels best for her, and only she knows that. Asking strangers on the internet for validation isn’t the answer.
That is the case for all mothers not just Kate. It is just my response to her saying Fed is Best also in her post.

It would be up to Kate to say if she felt shamed by the comments or not. Or other women who have formula fed.

You don’t get to tell people how the comments make them feel.
I wasn’t.

I was simply pointing out that on this forum, no one had actually said anything negative about her choice to formula feed.

Reactions: 2
There was defo a shaming post, where lots of people on this forum will have formula fed. Doesn’t make them bad mother’s. Such a boring convo don’t understand why others care what women do with their babies and breasts.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
There was defo a shaming post, where lots of people on this forum will have formula fed. Doesn’t make them bad mother’s. Such a boring convo don’t understand why others care what women do with their babies and breasts.
Agreed. Comments were made that definitely came across that way.

Anyway, I’m sure we will have plenty more to talk about than how a baby is fed!

Reactions: 6
I agree.... it’s one of the most pointless conversations to have and if Kate wants to stop BF and move on to formula then 🤷🏽‍♀️ Why she needs the validation from people she doesn’t know is beyond me!

Reactions: 9
I've found her behaviour very contrived over the past couple of weeks. The whole "feeling guilty over stopping breastfeeding" thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth when the child is half naked most of the time. She obviously can't get about what's best for Noa that much.

Reactions: 8
It's she trolling herself again like she did with the dog post? Why bother with the feeding post and sad face? Just stop if you want to stop, no one cares anyway. Do what's right for you. But don't complain about your mental health if you get comments from people who think you should breast feed.

Protect your mental health at all costs, that means stop oversharing. She knows the feeding debate could start up, why risk it when you're already feeling fragile. Very attention seeking.

Reactions: 15
It's she trolling herself again like she did with the dog post? Why bother with the feeding post and sad face? Just stop if you want to stop, no one cares anyway. Do what's right for you. But don't complain about your mental health if you get comments from people who think you should breast feed.

Protect your mental health at all costs, that means stop oversharing. She knows the feeding debate could start up, why risk it when you're already feeling fragile. Very attention seeking.
Couldn't agree more. She's trying desperately to stay relevant. If she really was putting Noa first, she'd come totally away from insta and also dress her properly. It's hardly rocket science.

Reactions: 5
I actually followed her as I felt she had her 5 mins of fame, is now relatively not known and just ordinary. Now she is just your typical fame hungry Insta bore and I am genuinely gutted.

I am embarrassed to admit I cried listening to podcast when she was told she had few eggs. And was overjoyed when she concieved and was so invested in her pregnancy. Now I cannot bloody stand her 🤣 My husband said he predicted me not liking her and said it was only a matter of time. How right he was 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 8
To be honest I never warmed to her before any of this baby stuff, I was interested in the podcast coming from a place of not being sure wanting kids myself and then going onto have them so found it an interesting topic.

Reactions: 2
I really like her. I love her radio show. Met her at a Dog Agility thing a few years back. Really nice girl. She's same age as me and I have a 17 year old 😮 I hold my hands up, I couldn't do it now. I don't think she's oversharing. Anyone that's followed for a while will know how much she was on insta. She's deffo pulled back more and she probably don't give a fudge about what people think about her which is why I love her 🤣. You guys think this is bad, wait till LG pops hers out 🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.