Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why are people now saying abdominal birth ??? Is this a new trend - Give it a rest it’s a C- section . Any birth is a birth doesn’t make any one better than anyone else . As long as the baby arrives safely , who cares . Just stop trying to make it sound fancy

Reactions: 14
I wish she'd dress noa for the weather. The poor baby has been sick enough. I know she's a new mum but come on.

Reactions: 8
Why are people now saying abdominal birth ??? Is this a new trend - Give it a rest it’s a C- section . Any birth is a birth doesn’t make any one better than anyone else . As long as the baby arrives safely , who cares . Just stop trying to make it sound fancy
Abdominal birth is so bloody wanky.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Oh give it a rest. It’s not a term I’d probably use but if it is what someone else wants to refer to their birth as who gives a monkeys!?

Reactions: 14
That whole "brillient" thing is so not funny. Anybody can adopt a word and just say it in a silly voice constantly. She tries too hard.

Reactions: 12
I'm in too minds about Kate now.

Always thought she seemed like a pretty down to earth person and liked her honesty and humour at the craziness of 'celebrity life'.
Which is why I was really surprised and disappointed she signed up to a tacky reality TV show and is oversharing so much now.

But.
I also feel like we're watching a woman who is really struggling and is really not happy.
Even in the photos where she has make up on and is posting a 'postive' post, she looks dead behind the eyes and really sad.
I'm not saying she is regretting having a baby, as such. But I think she's really finally realised her old life is over for good and is missing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’ll always fondly remember my child free days too - mainly this is lie ins and spontaneity. And less house mess. It’s def ok to miss that. Hope she’s ok. First newborn is tough. Watched the MTV prog out of curiosity, shite of course as didn’t know or care about who the others even were.

Yes, I agree. She doesn’t seem happy. I did wonder if she was putting too much pressure on things with her keep mentioning wanting to be in a newborn baby bubble etc. And it was like she was obsessed with posting so many photos online instead of living in the moment.

Reactions: 6
I do feel sorry for Kate, as she has had a tough start to motherhood, and it's been nothing like the baby bubble that all her guests on the podcast spoke of. I've not got kids and am sure it's tough having a newborn anyway, but all the added hospital trips can't have helped, and maybe she was expecting things to be easier.

I haven't watched the MTV show but can't say I blame her for doing it seeing as she is self-employed with no maternity pay. I'm sure all the filming is a pain for them, but I imagine some opportunities are just too good to turn down? (I'm self-employed and it's a lot of pressure financially, no holiday pay, having to fund your own pension etc too.)

Reactions: 13
Haha yes it does! Like when MN posters say their child is ‘43 months’ Or ‘self soothing’
Haha yes it does! Like when MN posters say their child is ‘43 months’ Or ‘self soothing’
43 months !! I couldn’t be arsed to do the maths 😂😂. I can hear them on MN now “ oh yes I had an abdominal birth with Rupert & breast fed him till he was 10” And can guarantee he is on a dairy & gluten free diet 🤣

• Haha
I do feel for her because I can remember pining for my old life too in the first few days/weeks. It does hit hard. Once they get into a good routine with Noa I am sure things will get better for her.

Reactions: 6
Yes it’s a complete life changer.
You will mourn your old life.
Once they get a nanny and back to work in a few months it will feel better but always different to before.

Suppose as they always post life happenings they thought it would be easy even with a new baba.
Hopefully she gets support from family and friends. As they are really really all over the place in the clueless new parents category.

Reactions: 3
I think a lot of people think having a baby is just living your Normal life but with a baby added in to it. It’s not that at all, everything about your life and relationship and who you are as a person changes overnight. I really feel for anyone who struggles with this. How could you not? Whoever they are?

Reactions: 10
I agree with you all, I also kinda foresaw this happening. I hope she genuinely starts to enjoy it soon, I think it is inevitable that she will eventually.

Noone expects a kid to be ill, but I know first hand there is nothing more stressful to it when it happens. Can't blame her for doing the show, but I bet she is bloody regretting it!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.