Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can’t be too careful with a newborn.

I wouldn’t want a film crew anywhere near me either just weeks after birth - but this is her world. Must be decent money hey.

Reactions: 6
No amount of money would make me allow a film crew into my house in the midst of a global pandemic. Its not about the money as they are clearly very comfortable. I just wonder how all these children will feel when they grow up and see that there every move was posted online for everyone to see just so their parents could make a quick buck and get a bit more fame.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I can’t understand all the hate for her taking her newborn to the hospital. Surely it’s never worth the risk with a newborn? Any infection could turn to sepsis so I don’t blame her one bit for it. It’s comes across to me that she’s posting to show the true realities that come with a newborn baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Yes I wouldn’t risk it with a baby no way - they have like no immune system do they.

Reactions: 9
I can’t understand all the hate for her taking her newborn to the hospital. Surely it’s never worth the risk with a newborn? Any infection could turn to sepsis so I don’t blame her one bit for it. It’s comes across to me that she’s posting to show the true realities that come with a newborn baby.
I’m hugely rolling my eyes at having a film crew there during a pandemic, and I think it’s a majorly questionable thing to do with a newborn in the house, but it hasn’t changed my mind that she was right to take the little one to A&E for her infection. It’s just not worth the risk, and as she said in her post another mum saw it and got medical attention for her little one so it’s helped at least one person.

Reactions: 7
I’m hugely rolling my eyes at having a film crew there during a pandemic, and I think it’s a majorly questionable thing to do with a newborn in the house, but it hasn’t changed my mind that she was right to take the little one to A&E for her infection. It’s just not worth the risk, and as she said in her post another mum saw it and got medical attention for her little one so it’s helped at least one person.
Definitely, she did the right thing. I’m presuming all the crew would have been tested but yeah I can see how it looks. Gotta pay those bills I guess!

Reactions: 3
From a mum who’s baby contracted sepsis at 1 day old... always get them checked, especially if advised to by 111

Reactions: 18
She took the baby to A&E after speaking to 111. And they definitely wouldn’t have admitted the bubba unless it was necessary, so the comments about her over reacting are well out of order

Reactions: 19
I've only just started following her as she came up on my page. I absolutely loved her post after she'd had the baby, the honesty about how she was feeling post partum. I hope any new mum that feels like she is struggling sees it.

It made a refreshing change to posts we see from women who've just given birth looking incredible and saying how amazing it all is. It isn't all amazing and good for Kate to say it.

Reactions: 9
No amount of money would make me allow a film crew into my house in the midst of a global pandemic. Its not about the money as they are clearly very comfortable. I just wonder how all these children will feel when they grow up and see that there every move was posted online for everyone to see just so their parents could make a quick buck and get a bit more fame.
I think there should be some sort of law that stops them being exploited, they can't even give consent they are too young. Not necessarily Kate but there are some influencers out there currently who are literally selling their baby's souls to make money and it's sick!

I find it very odd to allow a film crew (aka a load of strangers) to be so close to your newborn baby in normal times, never mind in the middle of a pandemic.

The whole skipping from post partum realism and trauma, straight to mtv and #ads is desperate and weird. Can't keep up. Which one is it kate. Sometimes feels like all the trauma talk is building content for the podcast.

She 100% did the right thing and going to hospital and great to see baby home again. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from hereonin.

Reactions: 11
I really hope she is being genuine about how she is/kinda isn't coping with being a new Mom. I have to say her stories are v triggering for me right now, I absolutely hated those first 6 weeks. Like wanted to pack a bag and run away kinda hated. More like 9 months of it tbh!! So if she is just showing this for clout/upcoming tv show I will have to unfollow.

• Heart
I really hope she is being genuine about how she is/kinda isn't coping with being a new Mom. I have to say her stories are v triggering for me right now, I absolutely hated those first 6 weeks. Like wanted to pack a bag and run away kinda hated. More like 9 months of it tbh!! So if she is just showing this for clout/upcoming tv show I will have to unfollow.
Me too, I remember feeling very alone, even though I was surrounded by people. I had very dark thoughts and it was not a nice time. I feel that side of things doesn’t get talked about enough. Thankfully I made it out the other side and I absolutely love the age my son is now, but I really struggled in those weeks.

• Heart
Me too, I remember feeling very alone, even though I was surrounded by people. I had very dark thoughts and it was not a nice time. I feel that side of things doesn’t get talked about enough. Thankfully I made it out the other side and I absolutely love the age my son is now, but I really struggled in those weeks.
It can be a very difficult time and not enough women admit that.

Reactions: 1
I am quite vocal about it as
I felt v alone too, I felt SO guilty for missing my old life as much as I did. If people admitted it is ok to miss your old life, to grieve the birth you hoped for but didn't get and to not feel overwhelmed with love from the get go, I think people may not feel as bad or get as depressed. I know a lot of it is the hormone crash, but a lot of mine was situational too.

It can be a very difficult time and not enough women admit that.
Definitely!! I try be quote vocal to friends abouthow comming PND actually is.

I am quite vocal about it as

I felt v alone too, I felt SO guilty for missing my old life as much as I did. If people admitted it is ok to miss your old life, to grieve the birth you hoped for but didn't get and to not feel overwhelmed with love from the get go, I think people may not feel as bad or get as depressed. I know a lot of it is the hormone crash, but a lot of mine was situational too.

Definitely!! I try be quote vocal to friends abouthow comming PND actually is.
I don’t think anything can prepare you for quite how life changing (literally in an instant) becoming a mum is. I looked after my nieces and nephews from birth ( for years, all day, from 8am till 7pm mon-fri) and thought I was well prepared for my own. I was very wrong. The actual mechanics of looking after a baby were the same, but it was completely different feeling altogether.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She is genuinely making me scared to have my second even though I've done it all before! I don't remember being that worried with my first, to be fair though I didn't have to take her into hospital or anything!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.