Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Id imagine she's fine. You cant tell the temperature of a room or house on instagram šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Well no but the general rule of thumb is a baby should have one 1 extra layer compared to adults in the room. So if they have T-shirtā€™s/jumpers whatever on, the little one should have on a vest and onesie for example. Itā€™s only March, I canā€™t imagine they live in a house thatā€™s red hot - otherwise they would also be in less clothes?

Reactions: 8
Id imagine she's fine. You cant tell the temperature of a room or house on instagram šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
Agreed but they have clothes on and she doesn't? A baby vest is underwear and they're both not strolling round in theirs.
Also she's regularly out in pram (and last month when it was colder) without a hat.

I'd
Well no but the general rule of thumb is a baby should have one 1 extra layer compared to adults in the room. So if they have T-shirtā€™s/jumpers whatever on, the little one should have on a vest and onesie for example. Itā€™s only March, I canā€™t imagine they live in a house thatā€™s red hot - otherwise they would also be in less clothes?
If Kate was a family member / friend of mine, I'd be having a stern word with her about this.

Reactions: 5
Agreed but they have clothes on and she doesn't? A baby vest is underwear and they're both not strolling round in theirs.
Also she's regularly out in pram (and last month when it was colder) without a hat.

I'd
If Kate was a family member / friend of mine, I'd be having a stern word with her about this.
They really havenā€™t got a clue! New parents or not, thereā€™s no excuse. I watched last nights Celebrity Bumps and they come across quite immature and finding it funny they arenā€™t preparing themselves. Now Noa is here, it shows theyā€™ve not bothered to learn.
Seems theyā€™re happy to chuck some money at a doula and let them bring up their child.

Reactions: 2
They really havenā€™t got a clue! New parents or not, thereā€™s no excuse. I watched last nights Celebrity Bumps and they come across quite immature and finding it funny they arenā€™t preparing themselves. Now Noa is here, it shows theyā€™ve not bothered to learn.
Seems theyā€™re happy to chuck some money at a doula and let them bring up their child.
Yeah, they're both immature and not particularly funny.

Reactions: 4
Oh perlease this is not mum shaming, is anything itā€™s delusional middle class mum shaming- they need a reality check. Yes of course they can find a newborn tough, most of us do, but my god read the room before you post. oh and the comment about Kate Ferdinand bottle feeding- no one cares how these people feed or dress their childrenbut they need to be conscious of what they quote to an impressionable audience of ā€œhunsā€. Just like when Rochelle Humes take pics of a newborn cot with cot bumpers and ruffles and a baby pillow ffs!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The whole defence of Kate saying she didnā€™t want kids and now is finding it a shock. Maybe she should have stuck to her guns and not had a baby just to please her boyfriend then. Who, from the ā€˜brief snapshotā€™ of their lives that they choose to post doesnā€™t seem all that interested tbh. Interesting timing on him folding his business too just when his career of being an influencer/minor reality tv star was taking off but Iā€™m sure thatā€™s just a coincidence. Itā€™s not rocket science to know that if you are sat in a hoodie then maybe your baby needs to be wearing more than just a vest!
They will keep posting and crying troll whenever people say something they donā€™t want to hear because before Kate was pregnant, her posts were getting around 3k likes and now she is getting around 30-50k likes per post.
Kate has been cashing in on having a baby before Noa was even conceived but people think sheā€™s so down to earth and relatable and I donā€™t get that at all šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I listened to the entirety of series 1 of their podcast during my maternity leave with twins (and that was bloody hard but they were always dressed properly). Itā€™s so clear from her comments during that series, when she was apparently against having a baby (ahem, bullshit šŸ’©), that she was only going to have a c section if she did have a baby. She was fixated on saying that she would only have a c section at every possible opportunity. I canā€™t comment on whether she is actually genuinely birth-phobic, but I donā€™t think she ever considered a vaginal birth as an option.
For clarity, Iā€™m no hero. I had a c-section and Iā€™m about to have another one, so thereā€™s no judgment here. Birth trauma and pissing myself for the rest of my life arenā€™t for me. If thatā€™s Kateā€™s view too then she should just be honest and say she wanted a c-section, and not blame it all on some phobia.

Reactions: 6
To the poster who sent a message to Boj, be prepared to be called out publicly in an insta rant, they have form. Must admit I don't think the thread is particularly mum shaming, people are sharing opinions, some are harsh some are not, but I definitely see balance.

Reactions: 7
Well to quote some of the things she needed to do but couldnā€™t because of the baby: ā€œput on make upā€ ā€œopen giftsā€.....she hired someone to allow her to open a gift, righty ho. Then says Boj could finally get some work done, so why does it take two adults to look after 1 baby yet still he couldnā€™t do any of the house work or take the dogs out or do a food shop. Did they need to hold each others hand when they changed a nappy- itā€™s pathetic!
Even then I donā€™t care if someone hires a pointless Doula, but to suggest everyone should have one if they donā€™t have family help is utter delusion.
All of those things you can do if you 'wear' the baby in a baby carrier or a sling

Reactions: 3
To the poster who sent a message to Boj, be prepared to be called out publicly in an insta rant, they have form. Must admit I don't think the thread is particularly mum shaming, people are sharing opinions, some are harsh some are not, but I definitely see balance.
I don't mind if he wants to do that, I spoke up for a baby I was concerned about.
I agree, it's been balanced. Mrs Hinch gets ripped to bits on here but her little one is always appropriately dressed at least.

What did he say ,
Basically just said I wasn't there all the time so how would I know that she was inappropriately dressed much of the time? Moronic answer, pouncing on the semantics of the question because he knew I was right.

Last edited:
Iā€™ve bit my tongue for too long on this thread . Yes agreed new borns arenā€™t always easy . Maybe I was just lucky with mine . 3 days after giving birth , my partner went back to work because heā€™s self employed . At this point I also had a 6 year old who was due to go back to school 3 days after I came out of hospital . Therefore I was back up driving doing the school run everyday at 8am with a 6 year old & a 3 day old . But you know what I just got on with it , canā€™t even remember it being that bad . Yea I was probably knackered , my baby had a clean nappy & went to school in his baby grow then I would bath & get him dressed for the day once we were home . Women have babies why is there such a drama . In my opinion mums make their own kids hard work sometimes šŸ™„. And I donā€™t have an issue with C-sections but for the love of god , quit it with the abdominal birth crap !

Reactions: 17
As I presume that is aimed at me, I would just like to clarify that 1. It IS major abdominal surgery whether you like it or not and 2. 'There is no anti c section brigade' on this thread.
Yes, itā€™s a major physical ordeal. But I only ever hear ā€œmajor abdominal surgeryā€ with a obvious insinuation that elective c sections are bad for exactly that reason, and natural birth is better because youā€™ll recover quicker blah blah.

My point was that isnā€™t always the case. Everyone talks about the myriad risks of c sections and conveniently glosses over the many and varied complications of vaginal birth. Why?

Iā€™ve bit my tongue for too long on this thread . Yes agreed new borns arenā€™t always easy . Maybe I was just lucky with mine . 3 days after giving birth , my partner went back to work because heā€™s self employed . At this point I also had a 6 year old who was due to go back to school 3 days after I came out of hospital . Therefore I was back up driving doing the school run everyday at 8am with a 6 year old & a 3 day old . But you know what I just got on with it , canā€™t even remember it being that bad . Yea I was probably knackered , my baby had a clean nappy & went to school in his baby grow then I would bath & get him dressed for the day once we were home . Women have babies why is there such a drama . In my opinion mums make their own kids hard work sometimes šŸ™„. And I donā€™t have an issue with C-sections but for the love of god , quit it with the abdominal birth crap !
Good for you but itā€™s not a competition, once you become a mum do you all feel the need to compete with each other over who can juggle the most and ā€œjust get on with itā€ ?! šŸ˜†

Reactions: 18
Good for you but itā€™s not a competition, once you become a mum do you all feel the need to compete with each other over who can juggle the most and ā€œjust get on with itā€ ?! šŸ˜†
I know good for me šŸ˜. No competition from me just think some people create their own drama . Like itā€™s a shock newborns cry & you donā€™t get much sleep . Life goes on

Last edited:
Wow if only all the rest of the mothers out there could take a night off! Money talks at the end of the day. She shouldn't have had a child if she can't look after one 3 weeks in. Yes it's bloody hard work but what does she expect?! I find the night time doula a cop out. Don't have have a baby if you can't raise a baby. Terrible. These people have too much money on their hands. I've had to unfollow. It shows to me that she doesn't really want to be a mother and is in it for what she can make out of her poor baby like the rest of these insta fake mums.
I don't think Kate is going to find motherhood easy in the slightest at all, ever.

It has been uncomfortable viewing to witness just how difficult this strong, independent, seemingly happy woman, is finding this time in her life. It is really sad and I feel for her.

I'll give her credit that she always said she didn't want to have children and she has had a child for Boj, not for herself. On an emotional level I think this will be too much for her, for always. She didn't want it. It is that simple. I'm not saying she doesn't love the baby, I'm just saying I don't think she will ever fully adapt.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I don't think Kate is going to find motherhood easy in the slightest at all, ever.

It has been uncomfortable viewing to witness just how difficult this strong, independent, seemingly happy woman, is finding this time in her life. It is really sad and I feel for her.

I'll give her credit that she always said she didn't want to have children and she has had a child for Boj, not for herself. On an emotional level I think this will be too much for her, for always. She didn't want it. It is that simple. I'm not saying she doesn't love the baby, I'm just saying I don't think she will ever fully adapt.
If this is the case then she has been unbelievably irresponsible in bringing a child into this world that she doesnā€™t want.

Reactions: 7
If this is the case then she has been unbelievably irresponsible in bringing a child into this world that she doesnā€™t want.
Not much she can do now. Plenty of people have babies they weren't planning for and thankfully most of them are happy enough. Sure she had options but having a child is a huge emotional impact and not everyone is going to be overwhelmed with love. Its easy to think what have I done at this stage. I just hope for her and the baby its just early day fatigue and if not that she gets the help she needs.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
But sheā€™s not helping herself, thatā€™s the point! Sheā€™s making a choice to spend her free moments on Instagram moaning about how little time she has. Isnā€™t it obvious where the problem is here?!!! Get off Instagram!!!! If she put her phone away for a day or two she would be surprised how much time she actually has and what she could be doing!
We have no idea what helps her and how she is dealing with the situation, maybe hiring a doula and spending time on Instagram so she can feel like her old self is what is getting her through, we all deal with things differently and have different coping mechanisms. Whatever gets her through.

She's made a second career out of publicly declaring she didn't want kids and wouldn't be shamed into it. Then she had a baby and has done nothing but post about how horrendous it has all been. No one is denying she's had a hard time, but I think you should be careful what you put online for thousands of strangers and mail online readers. One day noa is going to end up reading the back story of this period and how her mother had sworn off kids, then hated it, and all the comments too. Kate should share honestly, but be careful not to overshare.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.