Kate Lawler

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's made a second career out of publicly declaring she didn't want kids and wouldn't be shamed into it. Then she had a baby and has done nothing but post about how horrendous it has all been. No one is denying she's had a hard time, but I think you should be careful what you put online for thousands of strangers and mail online readers. One day noa is going to end up reading the back story of this period and how her mother had sworn off kids, then hated it, and all the comments too. Kate should share honestly, but be careful not to overshare.
This is fair. The trend of kids on social media is (very) slowly turning, but we wont really know the effects for a while longer. Ive definitely changed how and what I share online in the last few years.

Reactions: 6
We have no idea what helps her and how she is dealing with the situation, maybe hiring a doula and spending time on Instagram so she can feel like her old self is what is getting her through, we all deal with things differently and have different coping mechanisms. Whatever gets her through.
Well if that was the case then she needs to stop bloody whinging about it all!!!!!!

I don't know about the doula but I've seen A few mums have one. I understood they were more of a support such as home help cooking moral support, I didn't even really know how to bath top tail baby or even when to use nappy cream or how often to change a babies bedding really crazy stuff scared the actual hell out of me. I hired a private midwife for support on the learning of babies before baby came but nothing just nothing prepared me at all. I've no idea what Kate is thinking but like someone said, to document my struggle would have made it harder to move with the times when it got better. Bloody social media- damned either way X I hope Noa never reads anything on her from the sites tbh x

Reactions: 2
Oh thanks for that, my PND has vanished 🙄
Not throwing shade on anyone with PND . Just saying even if I had suffered with it , I had a house to run & a baby & a 6 year old to look after so I kinda had to get on with it , no one else was gonna do it for me were they🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Yes, it’s a major physical ordeal. But I only ever hear “major abdominal surgery” with a obvious insinuation that elective c sections are bad for exactly that reason, and natural birth is better because you’ll recover quicker blah blah.

My point was that isn’t always the case. Everyone talks about the myriad risks of c sections and conveniently glosses over the many and varied complications of vaginal birth. Why?
I think you're just hearing that in your head for whatever reason. No one said they were 'bad' or insinuating anything. But all surgery carries risk and needs recovery. That's just a fact and if you want to interpret that as something negative then it's on you.

Reactions: 2
Not throwing shade on anyone with PND . Just saying even if I had suffered with it , I had a house to run & a baby & a 6 year old to look after so I kinda had to get on with it , no one else was gonna do it for me were they🤷‍♀️
I had 2 under 2 and was plagued with pnd for 3yrs. My house was a shithole and i never looked after myself. Just getting on with it can feel impossible. Its brilliant you had that strength to crack on, I wish id had it!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh thanks for that, my PND has vanished 🙄
You are being a tad touchy. If you have PND then a 'non rave' tattle thread is not where you will find comfort. There is a rave thread where I'm sure you will find all the comforting you require.

New thread suggestion: How long before Kate bolts out the gate

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
You are being a tad touchy. If you have PND then a 'non rave' tattle thread is not where you will find comfort. There is a rave thread where I'm sure you will find all the comforting you require.

New thread suggestion: How long before Kate bolts out the gate
Wow you’re a delight. I can be critical of Kate or not want to rave about her and still feel comments like yours are rude and unnecessary.

Reactions: 8
I had 2 under 2 and was plagued with pnd for 3yrs. My house was a shithole and i never looked after myself. Just getting on with it can feel impossible. Its brilliant you had that strength to crack on, I wish id had it!
I literally took to my bed for a year. Even getting into clean pj's back then was an achievement. I remember going on small shopping trips to Tesco with my other half and having to rest for the rest of the day after it because mentally the build up to leaving the house took a huge effort. That's the thing with depression, its physical as much as mental and no two battles are the same. Fair play to anyone who gets on with it but its not typical of everyone's illness.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
All im
All I’m saying is , as awful as it was for you at the time. I’m sure your beautiful children are happy & love you regardless now . So as much as you feel you weren’t coping you did crack on & you did get through it & did a better job than you thought

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hi all,

I have a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old. When I had my eldest it was a huge shock to the system and the sleep deprivation was something else but my god I am loving our new addition.

How easy are babies compared to toddlers? 🤣
I at least get to sit down to feed and wind her and she naps as well so you her a wee break during the day. I love my toddler dearly but my god it’s full on 24/7, whilst he’s awake. I’d take a newborn any day over watching a toddler. If Kate is finding this tough, in my opinion it gets much harder!

(This is just my experience, I know some people love the toddler years over the baby ones!)

Reactions: 8
Hi all,

I have a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old. When I had my eldest it was a huge shock to the system and the sleep deprivation was something else but my god I am loving our new addition.

How easy are babies compared to toddlers? 🤣
I at least get to sit down to feed and wind her and she naps as well so you her a wee break during the day. I love my toddler dearly but my god it’s full on 24/7, whilst he’s awake. I’d take a newborn any day over watching a toddler. If Kate is finding this tough, in my opinion it gets much harder!

(This is just my experience, I know some people love the toddler years over the baby ones!)
Hhaha I am currently finding the total opposite, my son is now 2 but as a baby he was constantly howling, wouldn't ever let me put him down and slept for about 5 seconds every 24 hours. It really was soul destroying at times. Now he's a toddler he is such a happy little dude (mainly) and I feel like I am getting my sanity back, finally! I was so worried he was going to be proper grumpy for the rest of his life as he was he such a miserable baby so I'm so relieved😆

I agree! Also, when babies cry, it can generally be solved by a nappy change, a feed or a cuddle. Toddlers are unreasonable! My toddler had a tantrum today because I wouldn’t let him throw a grapefruit that he thought was a ball onto the floor! Another tantrum because he wanted to put his shoes on but he didn’t want to sit still to put his shoes on!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I agree! Also, when babies cry, it can generally be solved by a nappy change, a feed or a cuddle. Toddlers are unreasonable! My toddler had a tantrum today because I wouldn’t let him throw a grapefruit that he thought was a ball onto the floor! Another tantrum because he wanted to put his shoes on but he didn’t want to sit still to put his shoes on!
Oh this sounds familiar!! Some day’s he’s amazing and I absolutely love having a loving and curious toddler but then there are the days where everything is a problem and I find it soul destroying, it’s like living with a mini dictator. As you say babies problems can generally be solved easily but maybe I’ve just been blessed with easy babies 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️.

I’m just soaking up every minute of my baby daughter now as I know what’s ahead in a few years 🤣🤣🤣.

(I feel I should add I love both my kids beyond measure, I just find the terrible two’s very hard some days)

Hhaha I am currently finding the total opposite, my son is now 2 but as a baby he was constantly howling, wouldn't ever let me put him down and slept for about 5 seconds every 24 hours. It really was soul destroying at times. Now he's a toddler he is such a happy little dude (mainly) and I feel like I am getting my sanity back, finally! I was so worried he was going to be proper grumpy for the rest of his life as he was he such a miserable baby so I'm so relieved😆
I think I must of had easy babies, they only really cried when they wanted something!

The universe is paying me back with a savage toddler now. Currently going through the ‘no’ ‘I don’t want to’ stage for everything and he had a hissy fit because I wouldn’t let him go into the bath with his clothes on tonight 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️.

Enjoy your chilled wee dude. When mine is having an agreeable day, it’s the best thing ever xxx

I spent hours and hours scrolling the internet and putting everything else off. I did have PND and it was my way of shutting off. No one knew I was depressed until I spoke up 2yrs later.

Cut a bit of slack. She was against having kids, now she has one during a pandemic without close family support and she was back & forth to hospital at first. I just think as a FTM, these first few months, you are more vulnerable than you even realise.
It's normal if you're struggling to look for distractions. Also I think we all need to remember that 12 instastories a day equates to 3 minutes. 3. We don't actually know how long she's spending on Instagram but it could be a lot less than people are making out it is.

In the interests of balance yes I do realise that even those 3 minutes are long enough to jump in the shower 😂🚿

Edited to add - regarding support bubbles and having help etc. I know that if my mam was watching me in the stories or reading the posts showing she's clearly struggling, or if I was watching my own daughters, I'd be round there to help in a flash regardless of the pandemic. Hopefully behind the scenes she is getting more help and support with the baby and herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Fairly sure he produces podcasts as well and none of us really know if he's managed to get another job since January..
If his company folded in January I’d guess he’s the busiest he’d be right now- hustling / looking for new work/ contracts. Just cos his company folded doesn’t mean he’s sat on his unemployed arse, I guess it would be quite the opposite.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.