Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
If 111 tell you to take a newborn to A&E then you go. Firstly, because they wouldn’t advise it unless they thought it was necessary. Secondly, if you don’t then they will chase you up and you could be looking at charges of neglect. Kate did absolutely the right thing by taking Noa to A&E. You can’t take any chances with a newborn. The lady on here who keeps saying it’s a whitlow (what the hell is that?)...how do you know what it is? Did you examine Noa? How do you know she didn’t have a temp? Are you medically qualified? It sounds like your older children have had a sore finger and now you are an expert. Bog off.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 24

GoldSilver

VIP Member
Perhaps because for Kate moving to formula feeding might be what she needs to help her mental health? And a healthy Mum is the bare minimum that Noa needs.

I am no fan of hers but do not think that it is right to shame a Mum for how she feeds her baby.

• Heart
A reminder that this is a rave thread - please do start a hate thread but leave this one alone please if you’re going to be too negative.

I don’t think Boj is comfortable with it all but the offer might have been really good. Plus the fact is that Kate is already in the limelight, with Big Bro as well as her radio show. Personally I am enjoying seeing the pics of Noa. ❤
This isn’t a rave thread, it’s just full of people who love Kate. A rave thread should be in the ‘rave about’ section, and this is in the influencer section. People can post what they like, if you don’t like it then please feel free to start a proper rave thread.

• Haha
  • Heart

Griggsy39

A girl I worked with was very much a dog mum,had her 10 years,she used to get a Mother’s Day card,had her in daycare,had her greet her at the finish line of a 10k,was ringbearer at her wedding,called her fur baby,talked about her constantly etc etc. The dog lasted all of about 4 weeks after the girl had her firstborn baby,she was re-homed and she was never really mentioned again! All her talk of being a “mum” to the dog just didn’t compare to being an actual mother to a human baby.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
I feel so sorry for her, all I see is a struggling new mum. I don’t get the hate or understand why anyone would feel the need to leave those comments :(

Griggsy39

I’m sure she said her age was a factor too in the overall decision. If I was 40 and having my first baby I probably would do the same.
Midwife here. There's actually no reason why a very fit, healthy 40 year old would have a risky labour at all. A C-section actually carries way more risk, it’s major surgery. No criticism to Kate if this is what she has chosen for whatever reason, but her age needn’t have been a factor really.

Natterbox80

VIP Member
Probably looking too deep into it. But why post "I love being a dog Mum" And no mention of being an actual Mum.

Also wtf did Boj mean by taking a back seat and being a passenger of their journey!? Basically backing up what we are saying, appears to be doing or let do feck all.

• Wow

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I really feel for Kate. The newborn days are hard, there’s no denying that. Harder still when there’s been illness & trips to the hospital and during a bloody pandemic! It can’t be easy and she’s admitted that she is struggling.

that being said,and this is a more general point not directly aimed at Kate but the martyrdom that exists online is getting beyond a joke. We all know that “trolls” exist online, so can anyone really expect to open up their whole lives online and not have a small percentage of negativity come along with it?
kate has been monetising this pregnancy and birth and motherhood since before the baby was even conceived, she has made the decision to do that online and over social media knowing full well how the media works and knowing that we all live in a world where trolling exists. So what on Earth was she expecting? You can’t have one without the other it seems.

if she is struggling then for the love of God her partner needs to step in and get her off social media completely so that they can navigate this in private. I can’t understand this constant narrative of people going ape shit about trolling but then continuing to be an online presence and then carry on complaining about negativity.

• Heart
Not even me after above post lol, I just seriously question her logic! She has made her mind up clearly, so just do it instead of ask her minions what they did.

True!! Not even me after above post lol, I just seriously question her logic! She has made her mind up clearly, so just do it instead of ask her minions what they did. Knowing full well what the response would be.
I think the ‘fed is not best, it’s the bare minimum’ came across as shaming, and as Kate is considering formula feeding then your comment could be interpreted as shaming her.
I think she should do what feels best for her, and only she knows that. Asking strangers on the internet for validation isn’t the answer.

Reactions: 22

anonauntie

VIP Member
I do feel for her, but she is a massive hypocrite. Posting #bekind, and at the same time also posting the unkind comments with the insta names so her followers can pile on and bully the commenters. She’s clearly got PND or similar but she is also a dick.
if they can’t take the heat they shouldn’t be dicks either. Hypocrite or not, they said something hurtful she has every right to retaliate.

Twopenniesworth

VIP Member
I hate the breast vs formula argument/debate. I think everyone should do what’s best for them and their family.
Most people know the pros of breast feeding but formula was made for a reason and I’m sure when they all start school at 5 years old, you won’t be able to tell a breast fed baby against a formula fed baby.

I really hate that anyone is ever made to feel ashamed of how they choose to feed their baby, weather it’s breast or formula.

• Heart

Yogiblue

I'm in too minds about Kate now.

Always thought she seemed like a pretty down to earth person and liked her honesty and humour at the craziness of 'celebrity life'.
Which is why I was really surprised and disappointed she signed up to a tacky reality TV show and is oversharing so much now.

But.
I also feel like we're watching a woman who is really struggling and is really not happy.
Even in the photos where she has make up on and is posting a 'postive' post, she looks dead behind the eyes and really sad.
I'm not saying she is regretting having a baby, as such. But I think she's really finally realised her old life is over for good and is missing it.

• Heart

Flowerpower

It’s fine to go on Instagram as a distraction but she doesn’t need to post about her baby. Boj won’t even have his surname made public so he can have privacy but Noa has no privacy. Everytime Kate posts about Noa being in hospital it ends up as a story on daily mail online so it’s not just her followers that see it, it’s anyone. There is just no way I would put my baby out there for everyone to see and when you put yourself out there like that you open yourself up for criticism whether it’s warranted or not.
I just can’t see how making a bit of extra money is worth all of that.
Maybe she’s struggling with lockdown and needs the support. Maybe she’s struggling being a first time mum and needs other people’s experiences. Maybe she wants to tell the real story before it’s picked up and twisted by the tabloids. However she’s doing it,this is her method of coping. Remember the whole,’be kind’ campaign’? She’s a brand new mother, cut off from her support network in a pandemic, with a poorly baby. I think it most applies here.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21

QOD

I love her!
Not an ad, not a spon, I just bloody love her 😂

i love that whilst she’s clearly very slim and body conscious she also eats like a horse. None of that prep meals crap. She probably doesn’t snack much but I love the way she tucks in

I agree with prev poster about dogs after kids. My dd was 19 when we got our dog and omg. She IS my favourite child 🐕
I’d hate to have done it the other way round
(Just yo be clear obvs love dd way more but she’s 22 & left home & doggy is my best best child now 😂)

• Haha

Natterbox80

VIP Member
I am really not liking the negativity. I feel they are going for the "we are so woke, keeping it real and so honest" slant. Nope, kinda reads a bit toxic and begrudging of a tiny little baby.

• Heart

lalalanded

VIP Member
Just saw her Insta post and felt so tempted to reply to it because I feel so bad for her. Obviously the baby blues is real and it just isn't what a lot of people expect it to be but I feel with the pandemic restrictions and the bad luck they've had with hospitalisation etc it's just added to the despair for her.

So many women like her end up with PND tbh, I always thought she was a prime candidate. She had a cracking life before - great job, loving relationship, beautiful home and all the rest. Sometimes adding a newborn into that mix is like letting off a hand grenade. A lot of women miss their old lives and they should be ok about being honest about that. I hope she gets the help she needs right now.

I don’t really think that’s showing true colours when you and your fiancé have had a tough few days. Perhaps they should have some time off insta for a few weeks. I actually don’t blame her for doing the MTV thing she’s ‘famous’for big brother so to become snobby about reality tv now seems silly. And why not make some money whilst you still can,

Reactions: 20
Those first weeks with a newborn are so hard - whoop de do for you if you did it with 17 kids and breastfed twins and ran a marathon and did it all as a single parent. For the most part, it’s just fucking brutal. You’re tired, you’re sore, your boobs are massive and leaking, you worry about everything, you can often feel like you’re losing your mind, there’s washing everywhere and you’re just trying to survive AND you have a tiny baby reliant on you 24/7 and we’re in a pandemic where loads of support has been cut off or put online. She seems like she’s having a rough time, I do wish she shared less but my heart goes out to her it’s a time unlike any other.

Reactions: 20