Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Buffy

No matter what my opinion is of Kate & the way I feel her Instagram has changed, It’s obvious that baby is loved very much & the above comment questioning the cause of the infection is wholly inappropriate 😡

Reactions: 20

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Some twats people say that you don’t “give birth” by c section because it’s a passive process rather than an active one, hence the move to call it “abdominal birth”. Some women find it so hurtful to be criticised and it fuels a feeling that they failed at giving birth naturally.

Having given birth both ways, as it were, let me tell you that a c section was the most positive experience imaginable, whereas the natural birth was a shitshow, and I literally could not care less if other people think a c section is too posh to push etc.

• Heart
  • Haha

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Wow if only all the rest of the mothers out there could take a night off! Money talks at the end of the day. She shouldn't have had a child if she can't look after one 3 weeks in. Yes it's bloody hard work but what does she expect?! I find the night time doula a cop out. Don't have have a baby if you can't raise a baby. Terrible. These people have too much money on their hands. I've had to unfollow. It shows to me that she doesn't really want to be a mother and is in it for what she can make out of her poor baby like the rest of these insta fake mums.
I just could not imagine paying some random stranger to come into my home at night to settle, soothe and care for my 3 week old baby while I slept in the next room. No sorry that goes against every fibre in my body as a mother. Even if I was a multi millionaire there is no way I would even entertain the idea.

My dog died last year and we are always looking at pictures and saying how spoilt she was. She totally deserved it, Animals really are a gift.

• Heart
This has probably been mentioned here already, but WHY does she keep calling it an ‘abdominal birth’? What’s wrong with Caesarian section? I had a c section and I think abdominal birth sounds so wanky.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
A fed baby is the aim of the game. Breast is best; yes, biologically this is correct but it’s not that simple and for a lot of women breastfeeding just isn’t the right option. Formula is the next best thing and frankly; it really doesn’t matter when all is said and done. Fed the baby - however you like - that’s it. No more, no less. It’s no ones business and it’s such a bloody boring topic of conversation.

• Heart

Chipstiz

As women, if we sit here and tell other women what to do with their bodies then it just makes it ok for men to tell us what to do with our bodies.
She can do what she wants. And I really cba with the pregnancy drinking police 😭 She's a grown woman, she's probably feeling more anxious than she ever has before, she's pregnant and hormonal. She will have weighed up the pros and cons of having a glass or red to calm down.

• Heart

Pagger

Chatty Member
I get so pissed off when people have a dog and compare it to being a parent. It's not the fucking same.

• Wow

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I lived in Asia when I had my babies and I feel zero guilt or shame for letting my housemaid deal with the newborn over night, not every night but some nights - totally normal. We have a weird perception in the west that mama has to be 24/7 on. Much of the world raises their babies in a communal way and it is perfectly normal. Just because it isn't right for me doesn't make it wrong. Or vice versa. There is no medal in the mama peeing contest for who did the most, who slept the least, who had a kid on a tit the longest.

Regardless, the way Kate is presenting herself online she appears to be really struggling, perhaps that is genuine, maybe not but I hope away from it all she is receiving whatever help she does need.

• Sick

Swipe Up!

VIP Member
But she did just decide to have a c section, she did hypnobirthing for the surgery and not to help her overcome a fear of giving birth. In posters defence, she did kinda say it was an aversion more than an all consuming fear. Consultant advised she could have section due to her age. And Kate was like "Great yeah lets do it" She hoped the low lying placenta would lead to section but it moved.

I have a serious phobia of hospitals. To the point where as a teen my Dad was in hospital having surgery and I ran away for a week to not have to visit him..

So fast forward 16 years to when I decided to have a family. I told my midwife and GP my anxiety causing, gut wrenching fears and they brought me in to view the delivery suite, waiting rooms, the wards etc. Gave me councelling and I got hypnotherapy. It did help me work on my fears but it was not an easy thing to do when pregnant. I even considered a home birth but I left it too late.

I was so bad I did not plan on going into hospital for checks/scans/tests that could not be performed by my Doctor, that is how bad my fear was/is. But you can work on fears if you really want to.
I’m glad your experience was positive.

We’re in a pandemic. She never thought she wanted children. She’s classed as an older mother (no idea of the correct term). She has a phobia. I cannot imagine for one second that every option available has not been discussed. I also cannot imagine that the care she has received so far has been anything other than amazing. I can’t imagine anyone has taken this decision lightly.

What has worked for you may not work for someone else. That’s why we’re all so lucky to have a wide variety of options available to us in life.

I feel like this is similar to telling someone depressed to cheer up. Or telling them to go for a run because exercise fixes it because it did for me/Julie up the road.

Apologies if I’m coming across like a proper cunt. This pandemic and the conspiracy theories that I see people following has me raging 24/7 and I should probably delete my account 😂 I’m not saying there are any here! Or even anything like that on here. I just have no patience for ANYTHING as a result.

• Heart
She won’t love the dogs as much as the baby, but I can see why she thinks she should. My dog was my whole little world. That being said I think it’s completely wrong to rehome a dog because of a baby, Animals are not dispensable.

• Heart

Kebab girl

Chatty Member
She took the baby to A&E after speaking to 111. And they definitely wouldn’t have admitted the bubba unless it was necessary, so the comments about her over reacting are well out of order

Candycrush

Chatty Member
I've never listened to the podcast but I kind of feel that she's done people who want children a disservice. All too often those people are told: you'll change your mind when you're older/when you've met the right person/you might not be maternal now but you will when they're here. Kate was pretty clear that she doesn't feel maternal, already loves her dogs as much as if they were her children etc. Now she's had the baby she's posting how she's never loved anyone so much and the baby has basically completed her. If I was one of those people who didn't want children and looked up to her for being so open about it, I'd feel a big disappointed for how she's perfectly fit the narrative of "you'll change your mind eventually". Obviously she's allowed to change her mind about something so big but it's not like they did the podcast for about five years, it was only a couple of years wasn't it.

• Heart

RobinsHood

You are free to leave a thread or report a comment to admin.
Actually, I have not judged her on anything else, but this seriously stunned me. Not only Kate but the 111 operator, I too had a new born baby in ICU for 6 weeks and was sent home with a breathing monitor so I know just how stressy she is feeling but maybe I'd have been wrong, I wouldn't have taken my baby to the A&E because of a sore finger. Maybe I'd have paid that price. Whitlows and paronychia only occur when there has been trauma on the finger and infection sets in.. Maybe we should be asking how Noa gained trauma to her finger and just how bad is that houses hygiene for a new born babies finger to get infected?:unsure:

As I have stated already I really like Kate and haven't judged her on anything at all until this. I only asked for other people's thoughts on it!
I'm all for a good gossip, but comments like this make me not want to be on Tattle sometimes. Judging someone for taking medical advice and taking their tiny newborn to hospital....and now speculating about the cause in a sinister way. Sorry but this is too much.

Basicbasic

VIP Member
The pregnancy and everything after was sold, hence the podcast, mtv show, ads etc etc. Out of thousands of comments they didn't expect a couple of people who thought differently? Really?! As for the argument that women need to be more honest, agree with this 100%. However, almost every single Insta mum is honest, I rarely see anyone hiding the difficulty of the early weeks. For many Insta mums it's become their niche - to discuss and monetize the hardships of being a mum, and it's very profitable.

It's important we see all sides, but they need to decide what they're willing to share to 250k strangers online, and if they do decide to share they have to expect some negativity. This is the online world, its awful and distressing but it comes with having a platform and monetizing your life. This is why most of us would never ever overshare online. It's just not worth the abuse or affect on mental health. Also, scary that people online recognised that she was struggling way before she made it public. Instagram is not all sunshine and money. It can be a dark place and take you to dark places if you're not careful.

Reactions: 18

RobinsHood

I’ve bit my tongue for too long on this thread . Yes agreed new borns aren’t always easy . Maybe I was just lucky with mine . 3 days after giving birth , my partner went back to work because he’s self employed . At this point I also had a 6 year old who was due to go back to school 3 days after I came out of hospital . Therefore I was back up driving doing the school run everyday at 8am with a 6 year old & a 3 day old . But you know what I just got on with it , can’t even remember it being that bad . Yea I was probably knackered , my baby had a clean nappy & went to school in his baby grow then I would bath & get him dressed for the day once we were home . Women have babies why is there such a drama . In my opinion mums make their own kids hard work sometimes 🙄. And I don’t have an issue with C-sections but for the love of god , quit it with the abdominal birth crap !
Good for you but it’s not a competition, once you become a mum do you all feel the need to compete with each other over who can juggle the most and “just get on with it” ?! 😆

Blondie123

Our puppy (and his brother) came home to us when we had a week old baby. Poor timing but hands down the baby was easier! I'd have another baby but I'd never get another puppy 😂

• Haha