Kate Lawler #3 Didn’t want a baby but gave it a go, Night Nanny helps to soften the blow.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m calling Bingo and pledging that tonight’s show will see her incredibly smug with herself and boastful about the fact that she used her hypnobirthing techniques and remained calm and positive throughout the entire ordeal of lying down in no pain whatsoever whilst she had full advance knowledge of exactly what was happening to her. Well done for staying calm throughout that, Kate! 👏🏻

(And that is not me slating planned c-sections, I am fully aware they are incredibly difficult to recover from and they come with their own difficulties afterwards, but the birth itself is no match for the sheer terror, panic, shock and helplessness of a vaginal birth or an emergency c-section)

Reactions: 10
As I haven’t watched any of the show, have all the couples had their births filmed or have some kept it private? Just wondering if maybe it was part of the contract that they had to film the birth. If so, there’s no amount of money that would make me sign that contract!

Reactions: 3
Abdominal birth ..... why is she so against saying c-section !!!
I think the hypnobirthing people call it abdominal birth because they want to empower women by calling it a birth instead of an operation.

She’ll soon get tired of that fight and be calling it a c-section before long. She insisted on ‘doula’ in the beginning, but has begun to buckle and called her ‘nanny’ in a story the other night

Reactions: 8
I’m 5 weeks post emergency c section (and I did a hypnobirthing course) and I’m here to say that the phrase aBdOmInAL bIrTH is incredibly twatty

Last edited:
Reactions: 46
So Charlotte has her mum in as a support bubble despite the fact her mum is in bubble with her other daughter 🤬 then had a Makeup artist in and hairdresser and photographer ..... and Matt’s sister 🤬🤬🤬🤬 so they are paid to do the programe but breaking covid rules ... how is this ok ??????
When some loved ones haven’t even met new babies ???? You know because of that thing called COVID

• Angry
Reactions: 15
I’m 5 weeks post emergency c section (and I did a hypnobirthing course) and I’m here to say that the phrase aBdOmInAL bIrTH is incredibly twatty
I agree. First was because baby was breech and second after forty hours in labour baby got distressed with dipped heart rate. Abdominal birth? That’s genuinely the first time I’ve heard that. Why the need to constantly change everything? Yes I birthed my children out my abdomen but c-section will do 😜

Reactions: 8
Well she was well and truly outshone by the girl who gave birth after her on the programme last night. Jake Quickenden’s girlfriend 24-minute vaginal birth without any drugs and plenty of laughter and smiles .... Kate won’t like someone (younger) doing it better than her 😆

I know it’s not a competition and all births are heroic, but we all know how Kate likes to be the best at everything. Not on this programme you weren’t! 😝

Reactions: 9
In a twist that absolutely no one saw coming, Noa hasn't got much interest in breastfeeding anymore due to a LOT of reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with Kate not feeding her three nights per week. No guys, this was all Noa's decision - she's ready to move on.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I’m calling Bingo and pledging that tonight’s show will see her incredibly smug with herself and boastful about the fact that she used her hypnobirthing techniques and remained calm and positive throughout the entire ordeal of lying down in no pain whatsoever whilst she had full advance knowledge of exactly what was happening to her. Well done for staying calm throughout that, Kate! 👏🏻

(And that is not me slating planned c-sections, I am fully aware they are incredibly difficult to recover from and they come with their own difficulties afterwards, but the birth itself is no match for the sheer terror, panic, shock and helplessness of a vaginal birth or an emergency c-section)
How do you know what baggage, trauma or risk people are bringing to a planned c-section? Sorry but I don't think these comparisons are helpful. You could apply all those words you used to a planned c-section in some cases not to mention the aftermath of a CS (which you have rightfully highlighted yourself).

• Heart
Reactions: 16
How do you know what baggage, trauma or risk people are bringing to a planned c-section? Sorry but I don't think these comparisons are helpful. You could apply all those words you used to a planned c-section in some cases not to mention the aftermath of a CS (which you have rightfully highlighted yourself).
I agree. I had a planned c section after the traumatic birth of my first baby, and although I was eternally grateful to not have to go through labour again, I was still tit scared.

Reactions: 14
OMG I remember that!! Then she wish she hadn’t cos she didn’t want everyone to know she’d had the epidural 😂 So she’s still never spoke about the birth of Gigi and I’m sure she’s been asked 1000 times if she had another epidural ....question always dodged!
Jeez where is the shame in an epidural? I hate this supposed badge of honour for a woman who refuses all pain relief. Woo hoo. Well done. Why do we have to be martyrs? If it's your choice then fine but to hide in shame because you chose pain relief is lunacy. It doesn't make you less of a person for deciding not to just tolerate the pain. Women have enough thrown at them without having an unhelpful narrative that child birth should be done without pain relief. To reiterate, if it is your choice then fine, but to feel ashamed because of this narrative is really damaging. It isn't a competition.

I agree. I had a planned c section after the traumatic birth of my first baby, and although I was eternally grateful to not have to go through labour again, I was still tit scared.
I'd had quite the journey with loss before finally reaching a full term pregnancy and planned CS (baby was breech).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

I think any surgery, planned or unplanned has an element of fear. Things can and do go wrong, even in planned surgeries

Jeez where is the shame in an epidural? I hate this supposed badge of honour for a woman who refuses all pain relief. Woo hoo. Well done. Why do we have to be martyrs? If it's your choice then fine but to hide in shame because you chose pain relief is lunacy. It doesn't make you less of a person for deciding not to just tolerate the pain. Women have enough thrown at them without having an unhelpful narrative that child birth should be done without pain relief. To reiterate, if it is your choice then fine, but to feel ashamed because of this narrative is really damaging. It isn't a competition.
It’s mad isn’t it, there is no other medical procedure where you’re expected to not take the drugs, no ones asking if it was a “natural” or pain relief assisted surgery when you have your compound leg fracture reset then judging you when you say you had a general anaesthetic 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think any surgery, planned or unplanned has an element of fear. Things can and do go wrong, even in planned surgeries

It’s mad isn’t it, there is no other medical procedure where you’re expected to not take the drugs, no ones asking if it was a “natural” or pain relief assisted surgery when you have your compound leg fracture reset then judging you when you say you had a general anaesthetic 🤦🏻‍♀️
Yes exactly. The narrative seems to be your birth isn't experienced to its fullest with pain relief and women have been doing it without medical intervention for centuries. They used to do surgery in somewhat barbaric ways centuries ago too who but we have moved on from that with general acceptance!

Reactions: 12
I see Boj has done some parenting today. Changed a nappy and won’t stop banging on about it!! Prick.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
The fact that she had a film crew but I had to say goodbye to my partner 90 minutes after leaving theatre after my section and was then readmitted 24 hours after leaving and spent 3 days with my baby in a single cubicle with the curtains drawn at all times which I could only leave to use the bathroom or collect a meal tray with my partner unable to visit at all makes my blood boil.
P.s abdominal birth sounds nobby

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Kates stories have been super annoying this morning! Doubling down on the shouting, zooming and generally think she’s hilarious.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.