Kate Lawler #3 Didn’t want a baby but gave it a go, Night Nanny helps to soften the blow.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow wasnt expecting so many to quote me 😂 thanks that's exactly what I thought. While my husband is on pat leave he'll be happily cuddling baby while I perform basic human needs and when he goes back to work I fully expect to be able to quickly shower while baby is in a bouncer. Why is she so overdramatic/why is Boj so utterly crap?!
My best friend is one of these people that ‘doesn’t have the time to shower’ for weeks on end. I had 2 under 2 and I still showered and got dressed everyday

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She’s reminding me of mother pukka when she had her second. Poking fun at parenting and just how crazy the mum life is and aren’t I so kooky and real!! I don’t believe for one second that she doesn’t get a daily shower in and toothbrush. Or at least has the chance to but sits on her phone instead. It’s pure content. Noa is 3 months old for goodness sake. By that time even with the fussiest cluster feeding velcro baby i had 3 pretty predictable naps a day. It’s all for content.

Reactions: 10
I had one baby, a job, a house and a dog and a crap (ex) no night nannie and still managed to get things done and showered everyday. Mind you I went to bed early!! 😜

Reactions: 12
Am I being a really naive expectant first time mum or something? Is there really no time to make a bed, drink some juice or even shower, especially when the other parent is at home? I know cluster feeding is a thing during the first few weeks but surely you still get 5 mins to jump in the shower? Or am I looking at things with rose-tinted glasses? Obv I have no experience yet but none of my friends who have recently had babies seem to have this issue.
You are quite right, there absolutely is time. I still showered every morning and put my make up on and my husband was back at work 2 weeks after birth. She's making drama for nothing.

ETA if they actually went to be early when the nanny is there she could grab a quick shower before the nanny leaves in the morning. It's utter rubbish this martyr no time to shower nonsense. More to the point my hubby made sure I ate/made food if I was busy with the baby. Boj has no excuse. They are a pair of children themselves yet people praise them as being so amazing and smashing it. Sorry to sound like a smug twit but my husband smashed it when our baby was born. He didn't stop making sure I and the baby were ok, he was a busy boy. Why can't Boj do this?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
You are quite right, there absolutely is time.
Yes youll find five mins to grab a shower👍🏻 I’ve had three. 🙌These insta huns make hard work of ot( it is hard wrk but not in the way they seem to portray)

Am I being a really naive expectant first time mum or something? Is there really no time to make a bed, drink some juice or even shower, especially when the other parent is at home? I know cluster feeding is a thing during the first few weeks but surely you still get 5 mins to jump in the shower? Or am I looking at things with rose-tinted glasses? Obv I have no experience yet but none of my friends who have recently had babies seem to have this issue.
You will be absolutely fine - Kate just has high expectations and 40 years experience of doing whatever she pleases when she pleases. My husband took 4 days parental leave and then was back to work with me on my own 12 hours a day, plus we were living in a different country to all our family members. You’ll learn to just shower etc ninja-style while baby naps. As long as you’re not dicking around on your phone while your baby sleeps, you’ll get everything done in those gaps 😃

Reactions: 11
The first few days/week or so are a bit mad - no routine at all and your emotions are all over the place making everything a bit crazy and it is a bit of a blur of feeding/changing etc with little real time to do much more. But for most people at that stage the baby sleeps a lot so you can absolutely have a shower (even on your own you can put the baby in Moses basket or whatever and put them in the bathroom with you so you can watch them while you shower etc!) after a week or so, you do start to come out of the newborn shell shock and life should start to take on more normality and over time that becomes more and more structured. Kate & Boj are completely incompetent and milking it for all its worth. Don’t take any notice of them - the way they are carrying on is beyond ridiculous and not an accurate representation at all of being a first time parent.

Reactions: 8
The first few days/week or so are a bit mad - no routine at all and your emotions are all over the place making everything a bit crazy and it is a bit of a blur of feeding/changing etc with little real time to do much more. But for most people at that stage the baby sleeps a lot so you can absolutely have a shower (even on your own you can put the baby in Moses basket or whatever and put them in the bathroom with you so you can watch them while you shower etc!) after a week or so, you do start to come out of the newborn shell shock and life should start to take on more normality and over time that becomes more and more structured. Kate & Boj are completely incompetent and milking it for all its worth. Don’t take any notice of them - the way they are carrying on is beyond ridiculous and not an accurate representation at all of being a first time parent.
Beautifully said! It is bonkers at first but you can still meet your own basic hygiene needs.

Reactions: 5
the way Kate portrays the hardships of motherhood is all very exaggerated for content. It is hard in the sense it’s a complete change for you but Honestly, if it was as bad as she makes it out to be (with the no time to shower, eat, etc, etc) nobody would ever have a second baby.

Reactions: 12
I’ve had to unfollow her as she’s doing my absolute tits in. Some days parenting is hard work but it’s not that bleeping hard.
Yes some days you can’t put them down at that age (4th trimester, teething, generally clingy/grizzly days) but duck me that’s what dry shampoo is for!

I am so sick of the desperate act of them acting like teenagers who are too cool for all this.

Honestly, god help them when she’s teething. Or when she’s crawling and getting into everything. Or talking and won’t shut up

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I used to put bubs in a bouncer besides me whilst I showered. In a way it’s trickier now she’s mobile. She threw her (empty) potty in the bath today whilst I was showering

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I used to put bubs in a bouncer besides me whilst I showered. In a way it’s trickier now she’s mobile. She threw her (empty) potty in the bath today whilst I was showering
This is what makes me smile 😃 She’s complaining about milky vomit and an unsettled newborn who doesn’t move ....wait until it’s the mess and vomit of solid foods and a baby who won’t stay still and hates being strapped into anything 🤣 Can’t wait for the fallout from that one!

Reactions: 14
Yes I should unfollow too but I’m so invested now to observe the tit show when Noa starts teething.

• Haha
Does anybody else find that voice she does for her dogs absolutely insufferable? Poor things - no wonder they always look so sad

This is what makes me smile 😃 She’s complaining about milky vomit and an unsettled newborn who doesn’t move ....wait until it’s the mess and vomit of solid foods and a baby who won’t stay still and hates being strapped into anything 🤣 Can’t wait for the fallout from that one!
And having to wee and poo with them just watching you. Mine literally used to pull up a little seat and chat 🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.