Kate Lawler #3 Didn’t want a baby but gave it a go, Night Nanny helps to soften the blow.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think I've ever seen anything so sad as her Instagram. She's clearly not bonding with her baby, and frankly needs a kick up the arse as to how lucky she is. After my 2nd was stillborn, I cherished every baby second with the other 2 I had..... even the tough nights and bad days, because they are such a short phase of their life.
So sorry this happened to your baby. I really agree with you. I didn't experience stillbirth but several miscarriages and it took 4 years to finally have a full term pregnancy. I still pinch myself I'm a mum and remember the hard times are not forever and it's all worth it. I still find myself staring at my little one who is almost 5 and thinking how bloody lucky I am. I absolutely cherish it all, the bond we have is amazing. And to chuck it in there, I mostly formula fed after breastfeeding and combi feeding for the first month and the bond with my daughter is very strong. Breastfeeding didn't work out and I went through my own sorrow and needless guilt about that when it isn't necessary. I hope Kate can grow her bond with her daughter because she is the sweetest little thing and they will both benefit.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What. Does. Boj. Even. Do?!!!!!!!
Am I being a really naive expectant first time mum or something? Is there really no time to make a bed, drink some juice or even shower, especially when the other parent is at home? I know cluster feeding is a thing during the first few weeks but surely you still get 5 mins to jump in the shower? Or am I looking at things with rose-tinted glasses? Obv I have no experience yet but none of my friends who have recently had babies seem to have this issue.

Reactions: 7
Am I being a really naive expectant FTM or something? Is there really no time to make a bed, drink some juice or even shower, especially when the other parent is at home? I know cluster feeding is a thing during the first few weeks but surely you still get 5 mins to jump in the shower? Or am I looking at things with rose-tinted glasses?
No don’t worry you will be able to drink juice and shower. Kates just playing the martyr. My boyfriend had to go back to work 2 weeks after we had our baby so I was on my own around 10 hours a day Monday - Friday and managed fine

Reactions: 10
Am I being a really naive expectant FTM or something? Is there really no time to make a bed, drink some juice or even shower, especially when the other parent is at home? I know cluster feeding is a thing during the first few weeks but surely you still get 5 mins to jump in the shower? Or am I looking at things with rose-tinted glasses?
you do get time. you may be too tired, but i always made an effort for basics. took babies with me in the bathroom and they just lay there. its all for the gram.

Reactions: 14
Am I being a really naive expectant first time mum or something? Is there really no time to make a bed, drink some juice or even shower, especially when the other parent is at home? I know cluster feeding is a thing during the first few weeks but surely you still get 5 mins to jump in the shower? Or am I looking at things with rose-tinted glasses? Obv I have no experience yet but none of my friends who have recently had babies seem to have this issue.
When there are two of you, the world is your oyster. You could climb a mountain if you wanted. One has baby, other sleeps/goes for a poo/ showers. Easy peasy.

Reactions: 11
I feel like their set-up is far from conventional, and so, I don't doubt there are incredible mums who are solo at home most of the day who can't finish a juice, shower or change their baby's clothes.

BUT....he's at home. He's barely got a real job, if at all. He can't even be bothered to say 'hey Kate, I see you've not had a chance to finish the juice I selflessly made for you, let me change Noa out of this sleepsuit and you can drink your green juice for 5 mins'.

Wow wasnt expecting so many to quote me 😂 thanks that's exactly what I thought. While my husband is on pat leave he'll be happily cuddling baby while I perform basic human needs and when he goes back to work I fully expect to be able to quickly shower while baby is in a bouncer. Why is she so overdramatic/why is Boj so utterly crap?!

Ffs Kate, 3 nights a week you have a night nannie, why so jubilant that Noa slept for five hours!

Reactions: 9
I don't think I've ever seen anything so sad as her Instagram. She's clearly not bonding with her baby, and frankly needs a kick up the arse as to how lucky she is. After my 2nd was stillborn, I cherished every baby second with the other 2 I had..... even the tough nights and bad days, because they are such a short phase of their life.
Sending so much love your way ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Look she posts about feeding, holding, burping, singing to noa because she knows there's no bond and she likes to evidence that she does do all the normal mum stuff. She wants, and gets from her followers, a massive pat on the back for feeding/changing/ holding her newborn. I bet most people are thinking so what! So what if you feed your baby, or expressed, or walked, or showered. Kate wants a medal, applause and ads. I'm starting to think she's addicted to the attention.

Reactions: 6
I find it so smug that she calls him the handsome... and immature and just odd?!

Its when you have the 2nd you let yourself go 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Look she posts about feeding, holding, burping, singing to noa because she knows there's no bond and she likes to evidence that she does do all the normal mum stuff. She wants, and gets from her followers, a massive pat on the back for feeding/changing/ holding her newborn. I bet most people are thinking so what! So what if you feed your baby, or expressed, or walked, or showered. Kate wants a medal, applause and ads. I'm starting to think she's addicted to the attention.
She should join ranks with Jake Quickenden!

Geeeez ...what a combo those two would be🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She has made it out for walkies because her dogs are her priority. Why couldn't boj take them or have the baby so she could go alone?

They have to do everything together, it's all very droll and immature

Boj is home all day, she can easily have a shower if she asks him to look after his own daughter. She’s driving me mad this pretend hardship.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.