Kate Lawler #16 Parenting is so unfair, I didn’t sign up for this round-the-clock childcare.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly this! This annoys me about so many other influencers too. One in particular, whom I follow, goes on holiday saying it’s “much needed downtime after being so stressed and it’s so rare to have the time off etc etc” but the month previously, she was showing a weekend away! Stop acting like it’s a rare occurrence! These people are so privileged, they have no idea that “normal” people can’t go on holiday every month. I have also never been abroad without my daughter. We don’t have the childcare (in fact, when I was pregnant, my mother-in-law told me to “never expect regular childcare” and that “they would never, ever look after my child if we went abroad”) and actually, I have massive anxiety about my husband and I having an accident whilst away and leaving my daughter an orphan so we wouldn’t leave her anyway! 😭😭🫣 At the same time, I still wish we could go away abroad just us 2 haha!! don’t know if I have created this anxiety because I don’t have access to the childcare but either way, people like Kate rile me up when they really have no idea what it’s like in the real world!
I suffer from that anxiety too and would never have been comfortable going on a plane or ferry abroad leaving my child. I wish I didn't have that anxiety though. Haven't even managed a weekend away in the UK with hubby in 8 years since parenthood but that is because we don't have the childcare logistics to make it work.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
The fact that she’s written a lengthy caveat means she knows it’s not right. Even though she’ll say she’s writing the long essay for her haters, she’s definitely writing it because she knows in her heart that they should be taking Noa with them. They have been away countless times without her, they’ve just got back from a weekend in Bournemouth! And she was abroad without Noa in Barcelona two weeks before that! She tries to wriggle her way out of it by saying it’s different because “they’re abroad” or “they’re together” or any other slight difference that sets this time apart from all the other times, but the fact is she knows she’s not acting like a typical Mum and if you were confident in your decision making then you wouldn’t need all the excuses.
---
Time for a new thread suggestion…

Kate Lawler #17: Another child-free holiday for the part-time Mum so she can get drunk and pose half naked in the sun

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I don't have an issue with them going away together. Good for them. I'd love to spend more time with hubby. It's the making out it isn't often which grates. What on earth is she on about? I don't know what planet she lives on
Edited to add that I think she/they have been spoilt. They've had so much help and yes many do but I think she's pandered to a bit after her PND.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I don't have an issue with them going away together. Good for them. I'd love to spend more time with hubby. It's the making out it isn't often which grates. What on earth is she on about? I don't know what planet she lives on
Edited to add that I think she/they have been spoilt. They've had so much help and yes many do but I think she's pandered to a bit after her PND.
I agree she’s had so much help from her family and the not-handsome is no support either. A close family member of mine had a lot of help during the early months of having her first but the trouble is she was pandered to by the family. Fair enough she did go through a lot but years later still behaves in this way and never thinks or considers anybody else. I keep her at arms length now because of her being so inconsiderate and everything revolves around her feelings. Eventually people will tire of Kate constant moaning and she’ll find she has nobody around. Someone needs to have a word even if they do upset her!

Reactions: 5
The fact that she has a night nanny help I don’t begrudge. With PND we should promote getting help, when people struggle through on their own, bad things happen.
I also don’t begrudge time together. Again, you can’t pour from an empty cup and all that. I’d enjoy it more having LO with me abroad but each to their own I guess.
I’d also think her travel with ITV is genuine work, unlike other influences who go to Dubai to post thirst traps and call it work.

But…
It’s the martyrdom. She makes a massive sacrifice so she deserves this - well don’t we all Kate? If you deserve it, why don’t need to justify it?? When getting a book deal out ifPND she claimed “I haven’t be honest about the struggle” now it’s just I deserve it, Boj needs me etc.
If she said “I still struggle with the 24/7 responsibility of parenthood. In order to be my best for Noa when I’m with her, I have to take time away from her and I’m lucky enough to be able to.” I’d respect her but she goes on the defensive instead. “All the negative Nancy’s can do one. We need us time so 🖕🏼” just make me think she’s an hole who cashed in on her PND.

I can’t imagine loads of book publishers and journalists were watching her IG stories and approached her so at some stage she must’ve touted out her ‘struggles’ to the highest bidder. Anyone who does a ‘big reveal’ with teaser stories for the diagnosis of a serious MH condition is a massive bleep at heart.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My SIL has post partum depression and moved her mum in with her and husband. Mum always took the kid, bottle fed her, took her on days out, while SIL went out by herself. Kid is now 10 and has no bond with her mum at all. This is gonna be Noa in a few years. PPD needs support but not pandering too, she needs realised that she has it so incredibly easy and is in a very fortunate position

Reactions: 11
That wedding will be laden with kids and Noa would love it. Her friend who is getting married will have her kids and so will numerous guests.

Tho with Kate being Bridesmaid it would have meant Baldy having to run after Noa and well no way is that gonna happen.

44 and acts like her and the baldsone are on their first holiday when you're 21 😖😖

I'm very lucky and manage to go away at least once a year for a couple of nights child free, but I own it, I don't make a pity party of how stressful my life and job is like the boring narrative she peddles.

She will miss those manky mutts more than poor Noa

The fact that she has a night nanny help I don’t begrudge. With PND we should promote getting help, when people struggle through on their own, bad things happen.
I also don’t begrudge time together. Again, you can’t pour from an empty cup and all that. I’d enjoy it more having LO with me abroad but each to their own I guess.
I’d also think her travel with ITV is genuine work, unlike other influences who go to Dubai to post thirst traps and call it work.

But…
It’s the martyrdom. She makes a massive sacrifice so she deserves this - well don’t we all Kate? If you deserve it, why don’t need to justify it?? When getting a book deal out ifPND she claimed “I haven’t be honest about the struggle” now it’s just I deserve it, Boj needs me etc.
If she said “I still struggle with the 24/7 responsibility of parenthood. In order to be my best for Noa when I’m with her, I have to take time away from her and I’m lucky enough to be able to.” I’d respect her but she goes on the defensive instead. “All the negative Nancy’s can do one. We need us time so 🖕🏼” just make me think she’s an hole who cashed in on her PND.

I can’t imagine loads of book publishers and journalists were watching her IG stories and approached her so at some stage she must’ve touted out her ‘struggles’ to the highest bidder. Anyone who does a ‘big reveal’ with teaser stories for the diagnosis of a serious MH condition is a massive bleep at heart.
THIS!! This is it summed up perfectly! As you said, if she came out and admitted “yes I was treated for PND but I still find Motherhood incredibly difficult. Therefore, I need lots of time off from it or else I find myself feeling depressed again” then people would massively respect her for that.
But by being all defensive and shouting “I deserve this!!” like a spoilt child she is just offending and riling up all the 9-5 working Mums of multiple kids who don’t have Grandparents and Aunties that look after their kids (like me!😂)

If she’s going for the relatable ‘MumLife’ angle that she seems to be going for then this attitude she has isn’t good for her target audience.

THIS!! This is it summed up perfectly! As you said, if she came out and admitted “yes I was treated for PND but I still find Motherhood incredibly difficult. Therefore, I need lots of time off from it or else I find myself feeling depressed again” then people would massively respect her for that.
But by being all defensive and shouting “I deserve this!!” like a spoilt child she is just offending and riling up all the 9-5 working Mums of multiple kids who don’t have Grandparents and Aunties that look after their kids (like me!😂)

If she’s going for the relatable ‘MumLife’ angle that she seems to be going for then this attitude she has isn’t good for her target audience.
This is what annoys me about loads of influencers/celebs who have kids. They come on insta all dolled up, hair and makeup done, clearly well rested, posting about nights out & holidays without the kids constantly, but they'll try to find little snippets of stress in their mostly stress free lives to appear relatable, and they totally miss the mark every time because we know it isn't genuine. I don't think they want to admit how easy they have it because on some level they probably know they should be spending more time with their kids and prioritising them more. Kate very clearly regrets having Noa and hates being a parent. I think that's a much more common experience than people realise.. but don't put it all on social media ffs! Imagine that kid growing up and seeing all of her mum's complaining and realising the dogs were more loved than her 😢

This is what annoys me about loads of influencers/celebs who have kids. They come on insta all dolled up, hair and makeup done, clearly well rested, posting about nights out & holidays without the kids constantly, but they'll try to find little snippets of stress in their mostly stress free lives to appear relatable, and they totally miss the mark every time because we know it isn't genuine. I don't think they want to admit how easy they have it because on some level they probably know they should be spending more time with their kids and prioritising them more. Kate very clearly regrets having Noa and hates being a parent. I think that's a much more common experience than people realise.. but don't put it all on social media ffs! Imagine that kid growing up and seeing all of her mum's complaining and realising the dogs were more loved than her 😢
I’m not sure they even do it to appear relatable, I think some are so out of touch with reality they think they have it tough and can’t comprehend what most people are juggling.
Being and influencer or celeb that’s famous for no apparent skill and being entitled and narrow minded seems to go hand in hand.

She looks painfully thin in her latest pictures
I've noticed she always looks thinner in her selfies than she does in videos or group photos, because she pushes her shoulders forward to accentuate her collar bones. Basically poses in a way that makes her look as bony as possible. The cynical part of me thinks she does it on purpose so that people will comment on how thin she looks.

Reactions: 12
I've noticed she always looks thinner in her selfies than she does in videos or group photos, because she pushes her shoulders forward to accentuate her collar bones. Basically poses in a way that makes her look as bony as possible. The cynical part of me thinks she does it on purpose so that people will comment on how thin she looks.
She looks shocking, just my opinion. If she had another stone on her she would look so much better, softer, if you know what I mean. She definitely does it for the comments, can see the challenge in her eyes.
---
She looks painfully thin in her latest pictures
She looks so unhealthy, not fit, not toned, just skin and bone. Definitely does certain poses for the comments she knows she's going to get.

Reactions: 8
Most people are having the sense to compliment the nice dress rather than the skeletal body which is something.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.