Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah chances are her insta/blog followers aren’t gonna be potential buyers. So just don’t mention it? Someone comes across it legitimately on right move they probably don’t know or care who she is.

She has an overinflated sense of importance.

If someone wanted to stalk her they would have before now.
Yes all she had to do is give the estate agent the keys for viewings. No-one would have been any the wiser. It should sell quickly with a closing date hopefully.

Reactions: 2
Being based in Mount Florida and with those windows it was going to be on cathcart road because all of the other tenements in that area are bay fronted.

If security and privacy is a priority concern she should register all companies with an accountants and not home address.

I legit can’t believe that with some improvements and the cost of property now, places are nearing 100% more than a few years ago

Reactions: 3
If Kate has security concerns it would have made sense to wait to list until they had moved back to flat #1, no? I guess there's a delay in moving back there as she has decided to completely redecorate the place again - including ripping the bathroom out.

She said they were moving for 'personal reasons' but she has been talking about selling this place for ages. Are the 'personal reasons' starting a family or is there something else going on, I wonder?

Is she that big of a deal that she needs to fear “fans” coming to her house? Who would do that and If she was so scared, why didn’t they move back to the old place before putting this one up for sale? Right cos she has to re-do the bathroom there, again 😂

“ I hope everyone can obey boundaries, be respectful and understand that this is quite a daunting step for us. It’s important that people understand that we still live here in our home, with our beloved pets (and bump hehe), and wish only to feel safe and secure. Putting our address out there for everyone to see is obviously not ideal but sadly we are not in the position to sell off-market (although I did try!) 😅

My thoughts exactly on moving back to flat #1 before listing this place. I posted mine before I read yours.

Reactions: 3
Eesh god sorry but … ego

This is influencers all over, as someone else said, an over inflated sense of importance….no one cares mate

Reactions: 8
She’s really pushing the apartment and making it known she’s selling though, even posting that mini apartment tour yesterday. She’s said she’s over half way through her pregnancy so it’s odd that they didn’t make a move to sort all this out a few months ago. Was their other apartment rented out? It all feels very rushed and not very organised.

In fairness, I kinda understand the decision to redo the bathroom. As much as I loved that bathroom the shower is over the bath and that’s going to difficult for her getting in and out of when pregnant. They have the money to do it up and do a separate shower so why not?

She’s really pushing the apartment and making it known she’s selling though, even posting that mini apartment tour yesterday. She’s said she’s over half way through her pregnancy so it’s odd that they didn’t make a move to sort all this out a few months ago. Was their other apartment rented out? It all feels very rushed and not very organised.

In fairness, I kinda understand the decision to redo the bathroom. As much as I loved that bathroom the shower is over the bath and that’s going to difficult for her getting in and out of when pregnant. They have the money to do it up and do a separate shower so why not?
I think they are doing this, I’m sure I saw on one of her stories a few days ago with everything ripped out.. saying that I had a shower over the bath throughout pregnancy and had no issues 🤷‍♀️

When you're looking to buy the 'perfect' house (like Kate has said she's doing) then surely you'd put your funds towards that rather than completely redoing a perfectly functional bathroom that you'll be using for a few months? I get that the shower over bath might be a bit awkward but surely she could suck it up for a few months? I'm sure many, many people have navigated a shower over bath while pregnant! She strikes me as being high-maintenance in this regard.

Flat #1 has been rented out until now but maybe she's doing it up in order to sell. It's the only thing that makes sense to me really. I don't get why she'd spend money on it if they'll only be there for a few months. Then again, I also don't understand why she retiled the kitchen in flat #2 a mere month or two before putting it on the market.

Clearly my brain works differently to Kate's. Not to mention my budget...

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
When you're looking to buy the 'perfect' house (like Kate has said she's doing) then surely you'd put your funds towards that rather than completely redoing a perfectly functional bathroom that you'll be using for a few months? I get that the shower over bath might be a bit awkward but surely she could suck it up for a few months? I'm sure many, many people have navigated a shower over bath while pregnant! She strikes me as being high-maintenance in this regard.

Flat #1 has been rented out until now but maybe she's doing it up in order to sell. It's the only thing that makes sense to me really. I don't get why she'd spend money on it if they'll only be there for a few months. Then again, I also don't understand why she retiled the kitchen in flat #2 a mere month or two before putting it on the market.

Clearly my brain works differently to Kate's. Not to mention my budget...
I do think that both flats will be up for sale. In the interim they can be looking at the Edinburgh property market.

I think they’ll sell the bigger one to consolidate liquidity to put down a big deposit on a house. Then sell the smaller one to fund big changes to make it fAbUlOuS, or if it’s already insta ready, they can retain their first flat as a solid investment/income stream.

Or maybe they’re waiting for the market to tip? Sell while the going is good for sellers, with prices going crazy. Wait until the market pops so they can pick up a bargain house in the burbs? Meanwhile, babies are portable, it’s very doable to manage a couple of years in a flat.

Reactions: 5
I thought she said they're staying in Glasgow?

Or was this a 'decoy?'
They're staying in Glasgow, Edinburgh was the 'decoy'. I think Glasgow probably does make more sense if it's where her brother lives and where Jordan's family is, even though Edinburgh is only an hour away on the train.

They're staying in Glasgow, Edinburgh was the 'decoy'. I think Glasgow probably does make more sense if it's where her brother lives and where Jordan's family is, even though Edinburgh is only an hour away on the train.
Ah right ! Im behing the times.

I think they’ll sell the bigger one to consolidate liquidity to put down a big deposit on a house. Then sell the smaller one to fund big changes to make it fAbUlOuS, or if it’s already insta ready, they can retain their first flat as a solid investment/income stream.

Or maybe they’re waiting for the market to tip? Sell while the going is good for sellers, with prices going crazy. Wait until the market pops so they can pick up a bargain house in the burbs? Meanwhile, babies are portable, it’s very doable to manage a couple of years in a flat.
I agree with your first para but will the market tip 😬😬😭

I kinda love following Kate for this reason, she has high standards/likes things a certain way (I’m a bit like this too) and she doesn’t have to settle for anything less even if its just that something doesn’t suit her design taste anymore or is mildly annoying. Must be nice! 😄

Is her first flat in Glasgow? Just had look at flat online one of the pics is a close up of her cat 😅

Anyone else surprised that it's listed for under £200k? How much did she buy that flat for?

Reactions: 1
housing market is crazy just now so while it’s listed as that, with the offers over system I’d bet theyll get around £250k
I still think that’s really low for the spec in Glasgow. I definitely think there’s either something on the Home Report or neighbor issues.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.