Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why are people taking issue in the comments with the agent saying it’s in Shawlands? Is that a fancy area vs Mount Florida?
They’re about a mile or so apart. Both Southside Glasgow. Shawlands is more established, a more long-term desirable area but Mount Florida is ‘up and coming’ and the sought-after area of Southside is expanding to a wider radius … but Mount Florida isn’t Shawlands, no 😅

Reactions: 7
Why are people taking issue in the comments with the agent saying it’s in Shawlands? Is that a fancy area vs Mount Florida?
No it’s not Shawlands but a decent up and coming area. Don’t think folk are taking issue but pointing out different areas go for different sale prices. (Im from the south-side).

Very nice flat but shame about the location, so doubt it will go to 300k, maybe something like £260k. It's not a desirable area.

Reactions: 3
Very nice flat but shame about the location, so doubt it will go to 300k, maybe something like £260k. It's not a desirable area.
There are two beds going for more than that in the vicinity so I doubt it…? There’s two beds going in govanhill for 210 so go figure. The market is soaring right now. It’s hard to accept paying the higher prices when you look at previously sold figures but the demand at the moment is massive compared to the supply and primed buyers are offering 30% over home report valuation to secure offers.

Kate probably wouldn’t even accept an offer at 260, sure if she does I’ll be kicking myself for not trying it!

Reactions: 1
They should have accepted an offer on the flat now 😅 some lucky person!

So triggering looking at those Tik tok comments again 😂 people who don’t like tenements or haven’t bought one recently have no idea

Very stupid questions, tenements is essentially flat right?
They're basically just buildings with multiple residences inside, which now means most will have two/three per floor. Basically it's just high density housing, although ones in their original state are highly sought after for their moulding/fireplaces/etc.

Yes it’s very common type of flat in Scotland, contained in these buildings of 4-8 flats usually. They’re often Victorian or Edwardian and the Victorian ones particularly can be really spacious with high ceilings and depending on the building and preservation, can have amazing ornate plasterwork and ceiling roses, like Kate’s. A two bedroom flat can be up to 100sqm.

Depending on the area in Glasgow they can be quite affordable or at least have been, but they’re still more expensive than some more generic suburban houses with drives and private garden etc. For me choosing a tenement is a lifestyle choice and a preference, but some people would think people like me are mad for paying that much for a flat. So you either find them charming or you don’t. And to be frank you either have the money or you don’t.

I don't have tik tok, what kind of comments are there? Is it it people astounded that tenements cost that much 🤣
Yeah people saying they wouldn’t want to live in MF (but it’s perfectly nice? And anywhere near QP is popular rn) or that they can get a house with a garage for that much somewhere else, but also people speculating it will go for 250 (which just wouldn’t happen because the HR is 220 and it’s not gonna go for just 15% over)

The face of a lady whose flat sold for more than 300k, probably

And yes at least Glasgow is still so much cheaper than Edinburgh, London, Brighton, Bristol etc! And it’s fair of Kate to have pointed that out before even though most people couldn’t afford to get on the ladder without family

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
The ceiling height in tenements is just amazing. Having 2.2m ceilings in a new built house vs 3.5m ceilings in a tenement? It's not even a contest.

Reactions: 14
Loved her little simple makeup routine story today with *just* 11 products

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Random but has anyone local to Glasgow seen how hard the new owners of Market are grafting?

I’m personally glad they’re open every day now as means I’ll have more of a chance to enjoy!

Reactions: 5
Random but has anyone local to Glasgow seen how hard the new owners of Market are grafting?

I’m personally glad they’re open every day now as means I’ll have more of a chance to enjoy!
That’s good. Hope it’s successful. I might stop by soon.

Reactions: 2
Based on her recent tiktok, I guess her flat has sold?

Wonder how long it will take until she starts acting like they are living in the slums back in the first apartment, if they don't find a house soon...

I can't even imagine the life where you own two apartments, are selling one and doing an upgrade to the one you are moving back into, including changing very expensive light fittings that somehow look like her exact taste but she wants to change them? I know decorating/interiors is her jam but I still find her approach incredibly wasteful in the end?

Reactions: 12
It’s like fast fashion but for interiors
OMG YES! I’ve never known anything like it, she’s always redoing whatever has just been done, so strange.
If she is keeping one of the flats to rent out, why bother doing anything to it if you are planning to move into a house asap?

Reactions: 8
Boredom. She literally has nothing else to do.

I actually do like her and maybe would have been the same a few years ago with her disposable income but she could do so much more than just shop and decorate.

Reactions: 9
I think she will have a huge shock when the baby arrives. She won’t have all the time that she has now to faff around and write out her pathetic to do lists that consist of arranging flowers and making coffee. Life with a newborn isn’t so instagram perfect so it will be interesting to see how she copes and if she keeps it real with her followers. Though I guess she will have Jordan around full time as it seems like he doesn’t have a job anymore?

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.