Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kate has confirmed the flat is going on the market this week, *cries in just bought an expensive tenement*. Oh well, with the competition these days and the shortage of actually NICE flats on the Glasgow market I imagine it’s gonna go for hella £££. To be honest as someone who is lucky to be getting on the ladder relatively young (mid twenties) I’m kind of jealous of Kate’s generation (a true millennial) as the prices were even so much better back then (3/4/5 years ago).

I still really don’t understand why they’re selling. They made bolder and better choices with this flat, looking back at their old place and it seems so bland and beige in comparison, can’t believe I was even that jealous back then? (But the kitchen is perfect to me)

But I sort of think they may be selling so Kate can redo flat 1 in a better way, with her more grown up choices now. It’s also next to their brother I think? I was also having a look at her IG highlights and the shelves actually make the living room much more spacious than it actually is. I can kind of imagine that Kate wants a living room you can walk around in rather than just things crammed in. All conjecture though. I still wouldn’t sell a flat with such dreamy features lol.

Reactions: 3
@Silentcritique They're selling because she wants to buy a house. I think the plan is to live in flat #1 while they look for the perfect place. I think they plan to keep flat #1 as a rental property.

Reactions: 7
@Silentcritique They're selling because she wants to buy a house. I think the plan is to live in flat #1 while they look for the perfect place. I think they plan to keep flat #1 as a rental property.
I knew that but I guess what I mean is ‘why now’ since they only got the place in 2019 and only lived there for 2 years. But also it’s so nice that what could be better 😓

I knew that but I guess what I mean is ‘why now’ since they only got the place in 2019 and only lived there for 2 years. But also it’s so nice that what could be better 😓
Oh yes, I don't understand that either! She has pretty much been talking about moving out of this place ever since they moved in there. I don't get it.

yeah I've just bought a small tenement in the southside and she's sitting here pretty much moaning about having to move back into the old (and still stunning) flat, which shes buying all new stuff for, redoing the kitchen etc. Read the room Kate, check your privilege and maybe don't sound so ungrateful

Reactions: 11
yeah I've just bought a small tenement in the southside and she's sitting here pretty much moaning about having to move back into the old (and still stunning) flat, which shes buying all new stuff for, redoing the kitchen etc. Read the room Kate, check your privilege and maybe don't sound so ungrateful
They paid £140kish for their old two bed, that would literally go for £230k minimum now, they’re so lucky they got on the housing ladder back then… She was only 23! now it’s one beds that cost £140k!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
If it makes you feel any better…£230k is still cheap to southerners who’d probably pay £300k min for a flat of any kind! 😩😩 the world we live in is ridiculous

Reactions: 4
If it makes you feel any better…£230k is still cheap to southerners who’d probably pay £300k min for a flat of any kind! 😩😩 the world we live in is ridiculous
Yeah it’s a bit mental!! You can well pay 300kish for nice two beds near Kate now, hers will probs go for £350ish! It’s much better compared to the south and cities like edinburgh, or just a lot of major British cities now, but still feels painful relative to the prices just a few years ago, when Kate bought her two flats :( a terrible time to get into the ladder!

Reactions: 5
Yeah it’s a bit mental!! You can well pay 300kish for nice two beds near Kate now, hers will probs go for £350ish! It’s much better compared to the south and cities like edinburgh, or just a lot of major British cities now, but still feels painful relative to the prices just a few years ago, when Kate bought her two flats :( a terrible time to get into the ladder!
It's always terrible time, my house was 60% cheaper when I was 25 than what I paid in my 30s. At least you're on the ladder now.

Reactions: 2
It's always terrible time, my house was 60% cheaper when I was 25 than what I paid in my 30s. At least you're on the ladder now.
This! Might as well be saying we’re jealous of our parents for all the good it does. Comparison is the thief of joy.

The pictures of the flat are nice but like...why is there a close up of Mouse in the flat listing? Also close ups of their stacks of books seems weird

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I hope the person who buys it doesn’t just go in and rip everything they’ve renovated back out. Seems to be the current trend with buying property.
I remember when The Anna Edit renovated her old flat, she said the new owners got rid of the 2yr old bathroom straight away 😂

Do you guys still think it will go for upwards of £300k now that's it's been listed for offers over £195k? I don't know anything about the Scottish market and how it works but that seems like kind of a lowball price for the flat considering what's been said here (?)

I think the flat looks really nice in the pics. They did a lot of work on it considering they lived there for such a short time.

Do you guys still think it will go for upwards of £300k now that's it's been listed for offers over £195k? I don't know anything about the Scottish market and how it works but that seems like kind of a lowball price for the flat considering what's been said here (?)

I think the flat looks really nice in the pics. They did a lot of work on it considering they lived there for such a short time.
I would have to see the home report to check but my thoughts are that it will be valued around £210k or £215k and then minimum in that area it will go for £30k over. So I would say potentially it will go for around £250k mark - maybe more though as it is a 3 bedroom

I’m really surprised its listing price was so low but what happens is prospective buyers request a pre buying survey called a home report, which will have a higher market valuation (probably about £220k) and then people will bid over that. I expect it will have a minimum of 10 offers and people usually bid as high as they can afford and to be competitive. At the moment it’s more like 30%+ over the market valuation for a winning bid that is required, so still could go for around 300k. And duck me I wish I’d gone for Kate’s flat now instead as I wouldn’t do anything to it except change the kitchen tiles 😂

It will go for over 30k more though as the competition is so so high and there’s VERY few nice ones onto the market. Actually regarding comments about comparison earlier- I totally head that warning but I’m actually worried about negative equity at this rate…

But btw just thought I’d add as well, according to a friend a flat in a slightly less desirable area recently had 50 offers for 2 beds and 78sqm and that went for 65-70k over its listing price, plus didn’t have fancy fittings or anything, the charm was mostly in the original features. So that’s the state of the market right now! Tdlr 145k listing went for over 210k

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I'd be surprised if it went for over 250k as it's in mount Florida rather than langside or shawlands but I've been surprised before at what flats go for.

I'd be surprised if it went for over 250k as it's in mount Florida rather than langside or shawlands but I've been surprised before at what flats go for.
At this point I don’t think it even matters. The 50 offers flat was in Govanhill but still near Queen’s Park. People want to be close to the park and at least MF is safe and still near good schools (I think?)

• Wow
The flat is stunning and surprisingly cheap starting price. I’m guessing the postcode isn’t as desirable as some other south side areas.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.