Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find the move to Brighton odd, especially after all this time? Does she still hold sway as an influencer? She’s deleted all her YouTube videos and I think she’s definitely stepped away from beauty so it’s more renovations I guess?
Hasn’t she lived in Scotland for a long time? I get confused by her accent and her New Zealand background - is she a Kiwi or is she Scottish or?

Reactions: 8
I find the move to Brighton odd, especially after all this time? Does she still hold sway as an influencer? She’s deleted all her YouTube videos and I think she’s definitely stepped away from beauty so it’s more renovations I guess?
Hasn’t she lived in Scotland for a long time? I get confused by her accent and her New Zealand background - is she a Kiwi or is she Scottish or?
She's Kiwi but lived in Scotland for most of her life I think

Reactions: 2
Ah so she’s not half English or half Scottish? Her maiden name was Scottish I think
It was Johnson, which is pretty universal! She's always been a bit vague about her past (probably because I think her dad is in oil) so it's hard to say RE: her parents.

Reactions: 3
It was Johnson, which is pretty universal! She's always been a bit vague about her past (probably because I think her dad is in oil) so it's hard to say RE: her parents.
Oh I thought it was Johnstone! My mistake.
Oh her Dad is in oil (potentially)? That does help money wise.
I wonder what her USP will be now. She’s around lots of influencers and she no longer does beauty and the interiors influencing market is very saturated. Unless she wants to give up ‘influencing’ which I doubt. I can think of 2 influencers who stopped - one was because she got caught bad mouthing a ‘friend’ (Becca Rose) and the other I think she got a traditional job (lipssofacto) who I really enjoyed.

Also just a random quote but do these influencers/gurus/etc have friends outside their world? They all seem pretty insular.

Reactions: 4
I used to love Kate but she has fallen off the face of the earth since moving to Brighton. It’s all so odd.

Reactions: 5
I wonder if the new business is her way out of the whole ~influencer~ scene? she's always tried to make it seem like she's "not like the others" and has, in fairness, had a different path than most what with the tv show. either that or she's moving to Brighton to get back into the influencer lifestyle considering so many of the bigger (albeit older millennial crowd!) influencers live there? either way, whatever she's doing is a bit wishy washy.

I find it quite surprising that so many of these older influencers are still going considering there are so many younger and more relevant content creators now! is the work drying up do we think?

I wonder if the new business is her way out of the whole ~influencer~ scene? she's always tried to make it seem like she's "not like the others" and has, in fairness, had a different path than most what with the tv show. either that or she's moving to Brighton to get back into the influencer lifestyle considering so many of the bigger (albeit older millennial crowd!) influencers live there? either way, whatever she's doing is a bit wishy washy.

I find it quite surprising that so many of these older influencers are still going considering there are so many younger and more relevant content creators now! is the work drying up do we think?
I think there is a whole market for DIY and interior influencing and 30+ skincare and subtle makeup which I think she’d fit well in, especially the former. She never really did much with makeup, she was quite minimal (nothing wrong with that) in a similar way to Anna from Anna Edit - no idea how they become big beauty influencer icons.
(also should we create a new thread since it’s past 51 pages or just stick with this one?)

She’s so boring now, and her content is so off putting that I stopped following her. It’s basically just sharing free stuff she’s been sent with the same few captions recycled each time. Her filler content used to be shellfies, but now it’s gingham, hideous knitwear and cakes - but it’s not so much filler content as her only content!

I used to really like her and found her content compelling and valuable, and I thought she was very likeable in general - compared to most influencers.

But she now does that thing of saying her favourite is the one she’s being paid to promote, and it changes with such frequency that it’s just laughable.

It seems that she’s struggling with the boundaries she wants on her life, and the need to maintain that interest and income.

Reactions: 11
Has anyone seen any posts or stories she’s done about whether the cats moved with them? They’ve not featured on her grid since February. Maybe because we’ve not seen where they’re living? I assume because they’re either renovating or renting.

Has anyone seen any posts or stories she’s done about whether the cats moved with them? They’ve not featured on her grid since February. Maybe because we’ve not seen where they’re living? I assume because they’re either renovating or renting.
Yeah, the cats have moved with them, she's just not showing them as much. Jordan brought them on the train from Glasgow.

She showed them in one pic where she had the back door wide open, and I thought she was taking a bit of a risk there, since they have always been indoor cats. She's also been on a few weekends away since they've been in Brighton, so she must have close friends/family there to look after the cats. I think her brother looked after them in Glasgow.

Yeah, the cats have moved with them, she's just not showing them as much. Jordan brought them on the train from Glasgow.

She showed them in one pic where she had the back door wide open, and I thought she was taking a bit of a risk there, since they have always been indoor cats. She's also been on a few weekends away since they've been in Brighton, so she must have close friends/family there to look after the cats. I think her brother looked after them in Glasgow.
Ah, thank you! I’m so glad to hear it. I know re-homing pets can sometimes be the best option for their happiness. But they did treat them as their babies before they had their baby, so it would have been such a shame if they’d left them behind.

Reactions: 3
Ah, thank you! I’m so glad to hear it. I know re-homing pets can sometimes be the best option for their happiness. But they did treat them as their babies before they had their baby, so it would have been such a shame if they’d left them behind.
She posted a 🐱 photo a few days ago, 8th slide

• Heart
Don’t know why she can’t be real and show the oh so ugly house they live in, not everything has to be aesthetic and it would make for more interesting content than what she’s doing now? Like how I styled my ugly rental or whatever

Reactions: 15
Don’t know why she can’t be real and show the oh so ugly house they live in, not everything has to be aesthetic and it would make for more interesting content than what she’s doing now? Like how I styled my ugly rental or whatever
Agree… it is as if she can’t show any image of her life that isn’t perfectly curated and ‘aesthetic’. So if they are in a rental that is not her dream home then it doesn’t even exist. But she spent the last years using her home/interior as her main content… does she think we all forgot?

Reactions: 15
Really 🤣 it doesn't surprise me. Who would do that when the supermarkets offer the exact same thing.
£2 - £3 for a supermarket can. Probably banking on followers buying it. It’s a nice idea but doesn’t seem like sales will be sustainable at that price. It’s the sort of thing people will maybe buy once to try.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.