Kate La Vie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She said they were about to go out to take photos, so if she's wearing that dress in any photos with the baby then she's been foiled

Reactions: 2
I don’t understand why it’s a big deal if she is hiding that she’s had the baby? We all know influencers don’t post chronologically. It seems a disproportionate thing to be trying to ‘catch.’

It a distraction from actual concerning issues like profligate consumerism, expectation of freebies, and extreme self interest. I had some gaviscon last night and felt a fresh wave of outrage 😆 that somebody who owns multiple properties, runs small businesses for the larks, and has an endless free supply of high end lifestyle items could possibly baulk at £6 for medicine that us mere mortals are used to buying.

Reactions: 2
I don’t understand why it’s a big deal if she is hiding that she’s had the baby? We all know influencers don’t post chronologically. It seems a disproportionate thing to be trying to ‘catch.’

It a distraction from actual concerning issues like profligate consumerism, expectation of freebies, and extreme self interest. I had some gaviscon last night and felt a fresh wave of outrage 😆 that somebody who owns multiple properties, runs small businesses for the larks, and has an endless free supply of high end lifestyle items could possibly baulk at £6 for medicine that us mere mortals are used to buying.
I mean if someone is lying about a whole child, what else are they lying about? It speaks to her character that she thinks catching out people who support her career is a clever thing to do. This is partially the extreme self interest you mention, believing you have to hide your baby for safety or whatever, and also shows that she'll lie about whatever. If she's going to lie about having a child, she would absolutely lie about her 'new lipbalm that I absolutely love! Not sponsored I just really love it!' or whatever.

Reactions: 7
Rather than go out of her way to dupe her audience, how about just… taking a break? But that would mean missing out on all that easy affiliate income. In other words it’s clear the driver is greed not privacy. But privacy is a good cover up.
And no need to revel in the subterfuge when it’s revealed.

Reactions: 17
I mean if someone is lying about a whole child, what else are they lying about? It speaks to her character that she thinks catching out people who support her career is a clever thing to do. This is partially the extreme self interest you mention, believing you have to hide your baby for safety or whatever, and also shows that she'll lie about whatever. If she's going to lie about having a child, she would absolutely lie about her 'new lipbalm that I absolutely love! Not sponsored I just really love it!' or whatever.
I don’t see this as lying though? No influencers are under any obligation to share a live action feed of their lives. There seems to be a broad expectation of this, but I don’t understand it myself!

Influencers overshare and manipulate to misrepresent, which I strongly dislike. But that doesn’t mean they need to share everything, or share things in chronological order.

Agree with Pineapple Queen - she should just take a break.

I don’t see this as lying though? No influencers are under any obligation to share a live action feed of their lives. There seems to be a broad expectation of this, but I don’t understand it myself!

Influencers overshare and manipulate to misrepresent, which I strongly dislike. But that doesn’t mean they need to share everything, or share things in chronological order.

Agree with Pineapple Queen - she should just take a break.
But it is lying when she's saying that she soon won't be pregnant anymore - she's already not pregnant anymore if she's had her baby! Fine if she doesn't want to talk about the birth yet or show the baby, but as you and Pineapple Queen said, she could just not post.

Reactions: 7
I don’t think she’s had her baby, I think she’s a couple weeks to go yet.

The DM she’s just shared of someone saying they sleep better now babies here.. must be one of those unicorn babies that sleeps through straight away. She’s in for a shock.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don’t think she’s had her baby, I think she’s a couple weeks to go yet.

The DM she’s just shared of someone saying they sleep better now babies here.. must be one of those unicorn babies that sleeps through straight away. She’s in for a shock.
I don’t think it’ll impact them the way it impacts normal folk.

No job to get to early in the morning, they can share the night wakings (for some reason I’m assuming she’ll bottle or combo feed!) because neither of them have a boss waiting for them.

They’ll sleep when the baby sleeps, have nice coffee, he’ll make a burrito bowl, go for a walk, tidy a shelf, and browse rightmove looking for a south side abode to renovate!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I thought similar with her story yesterday when she said..."if you're a new mum.." and then added "....or mum to be"

Reactions: 5
I don’t get why she’d pretend to have not had the baby? If you’ve just had a baby surely you wouldn’t have the time or energy to put up a pretence for social media?! 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 6
She said in her announcement post that they had done the 20 week scan and then held on to the news from social while they shared with friends and family. I think it will be the same - wanting family etc to see and meet first before putting anything online, I totally get that.

I think it's less pressure for people to plan/schedule/get somebody else to post the content then step back and feel like they have to rebuild their channels a bit when they come back.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.