Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JDM13

Kate's new bathroom on the Daily Mail today. She's definitely keen to set herself up as an interiors expert!

I also want to add to this because it's been bothering me... It's frustrating that Kate is lauded on other threads as being more real and relatable than other influencers, but it's all for show. The blasé way she's been talking about buying this new flat, intending it to be a reno/landlord project, and then equally casually mentioning about how it's just been left empty for almost a year with no work going on (how many of us could afford two mortgages?!). To top it off she's just mentioned in a new blog post that they don't intend to stay in this new flat for longer than a year anyway, because they want a house. Who can afford to do such major works to a place for a temporary measure?! It's so unrelatable. I get that it's like her portfolio to pretend to be an interior designer now but who casually has that kind of money readily available?! I guess it helps when you get so much for free (tiles and fittings and all the rest of it) but it really shows how detached she is from the real world now.
That’s insane about it being vacant for a year! I’d assumed Glasgow prices must be cheap for them to afford 2 mortgages given she’s a blogger and Jordan looks after their coffee shop that they’re trying to sell?

Oh_snap

Ive just seen that she has done a collab with ECCO shoes and showcased these bright red trainers. Seems so off brand?!

amylia

Her maiden name was Johnson. Using her real name makes more sense as I assume she's wanting to be known as a television personality rather than a blogger.

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
I like

If it had been any other instagrammer/influencer saying this I’d fully say that yeah they’re being full of themselves and annoyed that their lazy content isn’t getting full engagement. (Looking at you Hannah G and Mrs Hinch!!)

However, I quite like Kate she’s quite self deprecating and humble and grateful for her opportunities and she seems to work on her content, it seems quite genuine. Plus I think after what she’s been through with her mum she’s still hurting and maybe throwing herself into her content and wants validation for it? She’s not near her family and her partner is away for work a bit so she must feel like work is a solid outlet.
Yeah she’s probably amongst the least annoying out there.

I saw her comment because other influencers were sharing it so it seems to have struck a nerve - feels an extension of the “be kind” bandwagon we’ve seen recently.

Influencers must get weirdly hooked on compliments as part of the gig.

If it’s a sign of grief then that’s quite worrying. Grief takes all forms and it’s a long, varying process. Asking strangers for engagement is unlikely to help. It seemed more of a work thing to me. But we don’t know.

jaymie

VIP Member
I don't really get the whole name dropping hints, she's hardly Beyonce. Does anyone other than the parents and maybe grandparents really, truely care?
Unless she names the child a particularly unique name, I don't think anyone is going to be very bothered. My 6 year old the other day was talking about babies...she said if she had a baby boy she would name him 'Beef' 🧐🤣
I'll be vaguely interested if she called her child something along those lines 🤪
I hope baby girl wouldn’t be named as chicken or lamb lol 😂

She said they'd had offers for the shop but nobody wanted to keep it as a coffee shop and that was important to them. I don't really get it though. Wouldn't you just sell it if you didn't want it anymore? Also yeah pretty sure they'll be renting the old place, seeing as she bought the new place to rent out I can only think they're doing it with the old place instead. Either that or stick it on Airbnb...!

Burrito88

VIP Member
Didn’t she say her mum had knitted baby things for her? And showed Dahlia wearing them? Wonder if her mum knew Kate would change her mind or if she was just hopeful for grandchildren.

Nestor

I was looking around her street and seeing price of around £199k, based on her reno she invested £40-80k (not sure how much is gifted of course), and with all extras she wants to add, it all doesn't make sense. Her investment into the reno with custom cabinetry and fancy tiles would be huge percentage wise.
I think you are spot on with her house price but think her Reno costs would have been much less than £40k. The items she has added in aren’t that high spec and the kitchen was a work around with what was there. Those green shelves are probably the biggest investment and even then I’d say pushing £1.5k including labour, as she did it before wood prices went through the roof.

Sorry I’m new here so not up to date at all. I’ve known who she is for years but was never that interested in her, too bland for me but…what is her accent? Someone mentioned her family live in NZ but was she born there? Just goes back to visit? Also, where was her husbands cafe? I’m from the southside and can’t think of where it was/what it was called? Thanks!!!

haggis_head

if anyone can recall which ebay shop she purchased her couch from I would be v grateful! No chance I'm asking on a Q&A 🤭

Kitycat

That’s odd… there wouldn’t be any reason for that I’ve never even responded to her. I can’t see the account on safari either even if I’m not logged in, so that’s strange.