Kate Hutchins (@kateehutchins)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Natural to be heartbroken & a bit salty after being dumped after 2 yrs, so feels like a fool now who should’ve realised it wouldn’t last. Kate’s love language definitely seems to be gift receiving/ to be spoilt - in not any mean way but just that’s what she is used to as always goes out with rich guys like Joe Weller beforehand. ( Still has photos up of their expensive Maldives trip). Trying to keep up with her dating expectations & past experiences not forced with gun to his head. Yeah earlier in the interview said it was his fault, so isn’t blaming anyone but himself. He mentioned spending too much always on his ex girlfriends in general not just one. ( He had IG photos up previously with his ex of 4 yrs Sophie on many trips away - so repeat behaviour.) Biggest financial mistake for many young men is to get themselves into debt covering all the costs for dating & to treat girls. Society still expects it - viewed as not a good boyfriend, date or manly if not generous. Said people wrongly presumed as he won Love island that he must be wealthy now, but he turned majority of offers down for the Olympics. A lot reality tv stars go broke quickly due to pressure to live a millionaire lifestyle immediately expected from them by others.

He was simply trying to keep up with Kate’s lifestyle & desires - normal to try make your girlfriend happy. Big difference in their salaries. As she has a public wish list of designer items - obviously he was expected to get this level as a gift as something she wants, so a normal value present or supermarket flowers wasn’t going to ever cut it. Like a Pandora bracelet instead of the Cartier gold bangle. Paris was their 2 yr anniversary trip not a bribe. Plus now his mates & family in Limerick are probably mad at him for being over generous & squandering his money on a pretty influencer in London. They were likely always suspicious of it.

He’s definitely more suited to a Irish girl with a normal income career/ less designer obsessed. Whilst Kate will find a rich guy in London to give her the ultra rich lifestyle, luxury holidays & Mayfair dining she evidently desires. It will be interesting to see who they date next. I can see Kate with someone a bit older around 30+ & more financially established. I think both will be fairly quick to go public with any new romances as a rebound to their 2 yrs of privacy.

Reactions: 7
What’s up with Kate’s finger? Is it raynauds? (Or holding the heavy lidl bags too tight when walking home 🧐🤪) hope it’s nothing serious anyway!
Kate asking for questions on her insta I wonder will she mention the Greg interview.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about Greg other than he went on Love Island, but he sounds bitter and spiteful in that interview. If he wasn't in love with Kate enough to go public with her how does he reconcile that with being enough in love to spend thousands on her? It's just stupid tbh. I don't know for sure as I don't know Kate, but she has more than enough money and access to designer stuff. It sounds like what she actually wanted that he was unwilling to give her was moving to London or public recognition of their relationship or something, and to compensate he just tried to buy her. Sounds like it's a very good job they're over, for both their sakes.

Reactions: 4
Kate said she gets Raynaud's syndrome in her fingers & toes when cold from poor circulation.

Reminder we don’t know the full picture. Greg alluded on his stories last night that he has been struggling since retiring & is now seeing a therapist. 10 yrs+ of hard training & sacrifice striving for the Olympics then it’s all over is a big change. Many pro athletes feel lost once they stop & lose their sports identity - it takes time to adjust & establish a new career. Anxiety, stress & money worries can take it’s toll on relationships. Probably reason he is staying in Dublin with his est. support network rather than big move to London as previously planned.

Obviously it’s been a tough time for both recently & sadly can still love each other but feel there is no realistic, long term future together as just want different things in life & locations right now. The split will be best for both of them & both will find happiness.

Attachments

I have mentioned this before but I keep thinking about it when I watch her vlogs. I just feel sorry for Bea. She works a normal job and then comes home to Kate having spent the whole day shopping, buying designer sunglasses, and eating lunch with Mayfair with Yazmine. Surely it can't feel great?

Reactions: 9
What does Bea do for work?
I felt sorry for her having to take photos of Kate and Yasmin
Surprised Yasmin doesn’t have a page on here she looks like a stepford wife with all that Botox

Reactions: 6
Surprised Yasmin doesn’t have a page on here she looks like a stepford wife with all that Botox
I think she is in marketing or advertising. I actually think she's doing really well but it's not an influencer lifestyle at all.

I think she is in marketing or advertising. I actually think she's doing really well but it's not an influencer lifestyle at all.
She’s a designer and works in central London for a company that designs clothing for companies like New Look, Zara and River Island. Makes me wonder if Kate has ever worn pieces that Bea has actually designed. Kate has started wearing RI/working with RI recently (Kate also has had a campaign with New Look) so makes me wonder if that decision was because she knows which clothing pieces Bea and her company have designed for the brand and wants to support Bea aswell as for her own benefit.

Reactions: 2
They are old friends going shopping & a nice lunch
( + a few photos) isn’t a chore to feel sorry for her. Kate said she pays her when Bee helps with shoots as a assistant & probably a free lunch on expenses -so win win.

Bee’s a high street fashion designer mainly knitwear for New Look. Last year she showed doing teen wear clothes so not stuff Kate would wear anyway. Her Mum is a Trading Director at Primark & Kate said she borrowed her Mum’s black Chanel Trendy for a little while, so I don’t think Bee lacks money - she has a black Dior saddle bag. Kate also said she pays more rent as she works from home & has the bedroom with ensuite - so pretty good deal for Bee & likely to move into Kate’s new apartment. Obviously not on the same salaries but not many mid 20s are making influencer ££££. Real friends it doesn’t matter.

Reactions: 8
I actually think it's quite nice to see an influencer have such a good friendship with someone who isn't another influencer. Their friendship seems genuine to me. I don't watch many influencers these days, but a lot of them seem to have either no friends, or influencer 'friends' who are really colleagues.

Reactions: 18
Tbh I think Bei will at one point become Kate‘s full time assistant - like Carrie with Lydia.
I don’t think so, as Bee has worked hard herself to establish her own career & passion as a fashion designer in London. Majority of fashion graduates can’t even get work in the industry, so end up doing retail or office jobs instead. Plus your best friend & flat mate being your full time boss could be awkward. Maybe it will happen in the future, if they intend to set their own fashion label together & combine their two careers as equal partners.

Kate is off to Paris again with Yasmin on Monday- surprised they aren’t going somewhere different.

Reactions: 3
Kate is off to Paris again with Yasmin on Monday- surprised they aren’t going somewhere different.
This is what annoys me about fashion influencers. They literally all go to the same places like Paris, New York, Ibiza etc just so they can take pictures of themselves wearing nice clothes and have a pretty aesthetic backdrop in said pictures. I don’t think most of them care about France/Paris or NY in general, they’re going there for the content. It’s just the same tit, different influencer.

K a few things. Does no one find Kate snobby af? Exhibit a: in one of her vlogs she went shopping and said before going out she wasn’t going to buy anything … then impulse bought a Burberry trench coat???? Then on her story just the other day she posts a photo in her Burberry trench saying she got it as a “steal” (bc apparently a $2000 coat is a steal) then on the next slide links some “dupes” for her less rich followers. I’m sorry I thought that was SO RUDE and flashy. *sips tea*

On another note - B is such a drain on her vlogs and I swear I’m the only one that thinks so. She’s so condescending and picks on Kate which is annoying bc the poor girl seems genuinely nice (regardless of the blindness to her financial privilege), but is stuck in this long term friendship and can’t actually recognize how miserable a person she is. There’s just a whole lot of lack of self awareness going on that grinds my gears. Just like the rest of us sad twats I’ll maintain the follow bc of the redeeming qualities ✌🏼 (Fashion, seemingly kind, not totally boring and has a life, etc.)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
This is what annoys me about fashion influencers. They literally all go to the same places like Paris, New York, Ibiza etc just so they can take pictures of themselves wearing nice clothes and have a pretty aesthetic backdrop in said pictures. I don’t think most of them care about France/Paris or NY in general, they’re going there for the content. It’s just the same tit, different influencer.
Apparently it’s a last minute Eurostar booking & Yasmin has never been to Paris before. It’ll be more interesting content to go to anywhere different as lazy to go back to Paris so soon. Agree all the “Emily in Paris” content on IG is unoriginal with same photos taken in usual influencer hotspots with all the same styling, becoming sheep like. The TV show isn’t even that good. Guess they’ve valentines content to shoot for brands & it’s been requested.

I don't really find Kate snobby at all. Just because the coat she bought is expensive doesn't mean it's not a steal relative to the normal price for those coats. And if she didn't put cheaper imitations of the coat on her story, people would complain that she's not relatable/accounting for the fact many of her audience can't afford that particular coat - so that seems like something she can't really win on.

I like her Instagram but whenever I watch a video of hers I forget how almost unbearably posh she is. Obviously not something she can help but it's jarring to listen to. Will stick to Instagram!

Reactions: 6
I like her and if you’ve got money (regardless of where it’s from) spend it however you like. Won’t appeal to everyone but I do like seeing higher end purchases too. Plus she seems to buy more timeless/classic things than some of the more trend led influencers.

I just wish she’d show more personality. She seems so bland! I think it’s a conscious decision on social media for her, to not show too much but it’s very dull sometimes. Here’s me looking pretty in neutral colours in Paris. Here’s me looking pretty in neutral colours in London. Repeat.

Reactions: 7
Does anyone else find it cringe when someone says ‘will share hotel details once I’ve left’ ? Noticed Kate does this all the time and I don’t understand why? Lmao she’s not a Beckham, no one cares enough to show up at her hotel?

Apparently it’s a last minute Eurostar booking & Yasmin has never been to Paris before. It’ll be more interesting content to go to anywhere different as lazy to go back to Paris so soon. Agree all the “Emily in Paris” content on IG is unoriginal with same photos taken in usual influencer hotspots with all the same styling, becoming sheep like. The TV show isn’t even that good. Guess they’ve valentines content to shoot for brands & it’s been requested.
I agree! That Fleur Raffan goes to Paris all the time just to her ‘Emily in Paris’ content, it’s actually sad

Does anyone else find it cringe when someone says ‘will share hotel details once I’ve left’ ? Noticed Kate does this all the time and I don’t understand why? Lmao she’s not a Beckham, no one cares enough to show up at her hotel?

I agree! That Fleur Raffan goes to Paris all the time just to her ‘Emily in Paris’ content, it’s actually sad
It’s just basic online safety not to share her hotel details until after she leaves, when you’re a young single woman travelling. There are creepy & dangerous guys out there. Common sense to minimise risk. Everyone should be cautious of over sharing online, It’s not notions of being mega famous. Kate usually does a mini review at the end & it makes no difference to her followers when she shares the info.

Agree not a fan of the Emily in Paris trend overkill by influencers - it’s dull & copycat. So many other great places in Europe to visit.

Reactions: 9

To detract for a min, fleur raffans life is like a constant holiday.. she goes from Dubai to Paris to Everywhere possible every few weeks. I find her quite bland too, and her Dior book tote bag is in every pic (it’s so flat!!!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.