Kate Garraway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just been watching GMB and Kate was on doing the news round-up and they started talking about her book, and Susanna Reid just said we only get a glimpse of what Kate and Derek are going through because she doesn't want to burden people. And that Kate is speaking for the millions of carers who don't have a voice.
Mmmm so who looked after Derek when she abandoned him to go off flying to Dubai or wherever then (post on her insta yesterday). "Challenging few weeks" indeed. I notice she managed to jam a mention of this book in her post, well done, your publisher will be impressed

1700725995127.png

Reactions: 5
My heart bleeds for you, Kate. So glad that you could grab a few precious moments away from all the gruelling carer duties. You deserve a Sainthood.

Reactions: 8
Just been watching GMB and Kate was on doing the news round-up and they started talking about her book, and Susanna Reid just said we only get a glimpse of what Kate and Derek are going through because she doesn't want to burden people. And that Kate is speaking for the millions of carers who don't have a voice.
Potato face Reid :sick: simpering brainless baggage

Reactions: 7
It's amazing how she's ruined her reputation so spectacularly.
I never minded her before, and thought of all the TV presenters she was quite likeable and relatable. There was never an air of too much ego, and despite not being exactly dynamic, she was quite inoffensive.
But this situation - my word it's flipped it completely for me. For someone who has the power and contacts to lobby parliament, and get heard, about the disgraceful care system in this country and how it should change, she's instead used it to flog her books and raise her profile.
What she doesn't realise is is that the ghouls who lap it all up will find a new cause once this all comes to an end, but those who don't won't forget and she'll no longer have a fanbase.

Reactions: 9
I'd be interested to know if any money changed hands after reading the gushing praise of Emirates Airlines in her Instagram post. If you are paid (either directly, or through freebies) to promote something on Instagram and don't disclose that fact you run the risk of breaking the law (according to the Advertising Standards Authority). Still, Saint Kate probably doesn't believe the law applies to her.

Image3.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Just there to flog her book again. The same tired "oh isn't it just terrible for them" soundbites with absolutely no substance or benefit to carers whatsoever. Absolutely sick of this witch dining out on her faux martyrdom.

She's been on telly since 6am today....probably out of the house since 5am....it's now 13:30....who's been caring for Derek for the past eight and a half hours?

She looked like she'd been dragged through a hedge backwards on GMB this morning... that hair needs a serious cut and shape.

She was obviously too busy caring for Derek to have used a hairbrush this morning. It's a tough life, Kate, we get you :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She looked like she'd been dragged through a hedge backwards on GMB this morning... that hair needs a serious cut and shape.
She was obviously too busy caring for Derek to have used a hairbrush this morning. It's a tough life, Kate, we get you :rolleyes:
She's getting in first at the pity party before the This Morning report into Schofield etc. drops and Martin Frizell wheels out Fiona Phillips and he breaks down in tears live on air about her condition. Showbiz, doncha love it!

I was talking to a woman yesterday, who is near breaking point, because of trying to find help and support for herself, and her inacpacitated relative. I felt trully helpless, as I listened to her heartbreaking story. There must be so many others, who are suffering through lack of finances and support.
I just want to say to Kate Garraway - shut up and go away. You have no idea what the average person is having to cope with.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I was talking to a woman yesterday, who is near breaking point, because of trying to find help and support for herself, and her inacpacitated relative. I felt trully helpless, as I listened to her heartbreaking story. There must be so many others, who are suffering through lack of finances and support.
I just want to say to Kate Garraway - shut up and go away. You have no idea what the average person is having to cope with.
She lives in another world.

• Angry
She'll never know. The money she has guarantees she'll never need to fight for the basic care and support Derek needs, and it buys her "respite" that most other carers are utterly desperate for.

Being a carer is not only hard day to day with care tasks, but there's a whole world of issues Kate hasn't ever seen a flicker of - such as battling for social care involvement, making GPs take appropriate actions, fighting for equipment and access to services, etc etc.

The battle of being a carer is tenfold....Kate has been able to buy her way through it all. She just hasn't got a clue and I'm incensed that she's allowed to be this spokesperson for carers when she doesn't have the first idea how hard it is. And the best part is, she's doing absolutely duck all to help better the lives of carers. She only comes out the woodwork when there's a book to flog!

She knows what it's like to be a worried relative....NOT a carer. And while that's an awful thing to be on its own, it's not comparable to actually being a carer....especially an unpaid one.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She has none of the crippling responsibility that comes with being a carer. She just pays people to allow her to continue living her life and ironically she now has a far bigger media presence than she had before Derek got ill. It's ghastly really. I'd love her to be challenged on air by a genuine carer.

Reactions: 11
Many of these 'television celebrities' are nothing more than people large corporations employ to make money for shareholders through advertising revenue, yet in their minds they believe they are important figures in society and people hang on their every word. They aren't and we don't. They exist to fill the time between commerical breaks and most are totally out of touch with reality. I thought the 'tower-block tracy' comment from the head of ITV Daytime was indicative of their attitude toward viewers.

I have a major problem with the utterly dreadful output of ITV Daytime for many reasons I won't bore you with and that also holds with most of the presenters who appear. One of the most disgusting things I've seen on TV this year was when the war in Gaza began and Kate plugged her book at the beginning of the news bulletin she was reading. Honestly, is there no shame to the woman? To ITV? Thank duck we can turn-off and don't have to watch, but it's also important to keep an eye on what's being shown so it can be called-out.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
derek
Article in DM yesterday saying hes in hospital again.
Derek does seem to have hospital admissions when Kate is publicising herself.

Re "TV celebrities" I heard Kay Burley interviewing a suffering Dad whose little girl is being held hostage and she commented that he would have celebrated her birthday in the last few days...He said "hardly in view of the circumstances" and Kay crashed on "I'm sure you'll see her for her next birthday". Very comforting.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Re "TV celebrities" I heard Kay Burley interviewing a suffering Dad whose little girl is being held hostage and she commented that he would have celebrated her birthday in the last few days...He said "hardly in view of the circumstances" and Kay crashed on "I'm sure you'll see her for her next birthday". Very comforting.
Kay Burley is utterly vile and another product of ITV morning TV. No doubt best mates with Martin Frizell.

I have never understood how Kay Burley is given air time - she must have something on someone high up at Sky News.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.