Karlakartistry

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who is she digging at in the “influencer that annoys you” question box????

I really enjoyed this week's podcast. Karla is so much better when she knows her stuff. I thought I wouldn't be into it without Jen but it was great. More like this please 🙌

Reactions: 10
I don’t mind Simone and find she usually knows her stuff, but don’t understand how she could so easily write off and dismiss brands like Environ and Image purely because “people wouldn’t stop talking about them”.. for someone who hails herself as a skin guru she should do a little research into the brands and why they’re hailed as some of the best in skincare. They’re cosmeceuticals and environ in particular can be fantastic for your skin. I thought it was pretty ignorant of her to just write off a whole sub category of skin care like that without ever even trying it, just because “loads of people in Ireland” were talking about it. Maybe there’s a reason for that?

Reactions: 5
I don’t mind Simone and find she usually knows her stuff, but don’t understand how she could so easily write off and dismiss brands like Environ and Image purely because “people wouldn’t stop talking about them”.. for someone who hails herself as a skin guru she should do a little research into the brands and why they’re hailed as some of the best in skincare. They’re cosmeceuticals and environ in particular can be fantastic for your skin. I thought it was pretty ignorant of her to just write off a whole sub category of skin care like that without ever even trying it, just because “loads of people in Ireland” were talking about it. Maybe there’s a reason for that?
I think she meant 'loads of influencers are being paid to talk about it in Ireland' but shes not seeing anyone outside of that clique talk about it. Whereas if it was really amazing you'd be seeing it on skincare 'guru' youtubes. I've seen loads of irish insta huns talk about those brands, none of them some one i'd consider kniwledgable in skincare.

Kinda like the spotlight tooth paste for me 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think she meant 'loads of influencers are being paid to talk about it in Ireland' but shes not seeing anyone outside of that clique talk about it. Whereas if it was really amazing you'd be seeing it on skincare 'guru' youtubes. I've seen loads of irish insta huns talk about those brands, none of them some one i'd consider kniwledgable in skincare.

Kinda like the spotlight tooth paste for me 🤷‍♀️
I got this impression too. I find it suss that any brand/product can be HUGE in Ireland but so unknown outside in like the UK/US/Rest of Europe. We're a small market like.

Reactions: 6
I got this impression too. I find it suss that any brand/product can be HUGE in Ireland but so unknown outside in like the UK/US/Rest of Europe. We're a small market like.

True Dermalogica were pushed here for years... then Image and Environ took over

Skin gurus like C Hirons etc wouldnt rate them

Oh maybe I’m just bias because I adore environ and really do see a difference! But yeah I do think it’s over saturated here from influencers point of view. I first heard of environ from my friend who lives in South Africa. Had no idea it was relatively unknown outside of Ireland! Mad!

Reactions: 2
Agree, I followed her after hearing her on the EveryMum podcast, she seems lovely but I had to unfollow as she seems to only post about extremely premium and expensive skincare like chanel? Seemed a bit out of touch to me.

Reactions: 1
Agree, I followed her after hearing her on the EveryMum podcast, she seems lovely but I had to unfollow as she seems to only post about extremely premium and expensive skincare like chanel? Seemed a bit out of touch to me.
I started to follow her after hearing her on Karlas podcast and most of her recommendations are low to mid price range...

Oh 🤔 now I'm confused, maybe I was confusing her for someone else
Was surprised to see your initial comment so that may be it. Been following her a few years and Simone strikes a great balance between affordable and premium skincare overall. My bathroom cabinet is full of her recommendations and range in price from €5 to €80 (pricey enough but those are the things that you get about a year out of). I love that she genuinely uses a lot of the cheaper stuff regularly and doesn't come on saying everything is 'AMAAAAAAZING' like so many others. I'd give her another go... she's definitely one of the good ones!

Reactions: 4
I’ve totally been influenced on the Inkey list, Avene (love this brand!) and Vichy vitamin C (I’d love to try Skincueticals but this is probably one of the most expensive products she uses). Pixi eye patches next on my list!

I enjoyed the podcast between the two. It’s funny cos just before I started following Simone, I was doing a bit of research on products and couldn’t understand why Image wasn’t hailed outside of Ireland the same it was here (I used and really liked Image). Then I followed the Image Instagram page and was just turned with the amount of products they gifted influencers. I’m convinced it’s because of this, along with the SkinNerd/Pippa/Tara promoting it that it became so popular. I feel since Pippas Fashion Factories ceased and the Skin Nerd brought out her own products the hype has died down a little.

I will say one thing though. Karla has a stunning face and I do love watching her do her own make up

Reactions: 11
I’ve totally been influenced on the Inkey list, Avene (love this brand!) and Vichy vitamin C (I’d love to try Skincueticals but this is probably one of the most expensive products she uses). Pixi eye patches next on my list!

I enjoyed the podcast between the two. It’s funny cos just before I started following Simone, I was doing a bit of research on products and couldn’t understand why Image wasn’t hailed outside of Ireland the same it was here (I used and really liked Image). Then I followed the Image Instagram page and was just turned with the amount of products they gifted influencers. I’m convinced it’s because of this, along with the SkinNerd/Pippa/Tara promoting it that it became so popular. I feel since Pippas Fashion Factories ceased and the Skin Nerd brought out her own products the hype has died down a little.
Try the pestle and mortar vit c, expensive but it's so good. I'm on month 3 bottle still 1/3rd full and hasn't oxidized

• Heart
100% agree sooo pretty I think her and jen would be good on radio theyre v funny better than some of the personality rte ect constantly regurgitate

Reactions: 1
Anyone listen to the latest podcast? Can we take a drink every time Karla says therein lies the problem?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.