Karlakartistry

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Irish make up artist, blogger and podcast host. 24k followers.

What's everyone's thoughts on Karla?

Reactions: 2
She thinks she’s way more relevant than she is. She’s not even in the top 20 make up artists in Ireland but she literally thinks she’s the foremost authority on beauty. Alright hun 🤣
The way she goes on is SO unprofessional too, i could never book her for a wedding or big job, she just comes off so childish and cringe

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I follow her, but I'm not that impressed by her make up tips, I am older than her, so maybe I'm just on a different wavelength.
I do think she has notions though and she thinks she is a bit better than everyone else.

Reactions: 4
I used to like her when she just came onto the scene. She wasn’t afraid to say things as they were. Time goes on, throw in a few blogger/antifluencer mates like Lindsay and Claire Balding, some gifted items and a few brand ambassador roles and she’s just like the rest of them.
Her make up was never for me. The lips were rotten with the liner and I didn’t like the way she’d smooth the faces with Facetune in some of her shots. I think she has some talent, would be a good mentor but not industry leader. She definitely thinks she is the bees knees but she’s not really pushing out make up looks on herself or others in the past 1-2 years. Nothing substantial anyway.
I don’t like the company she keeps. Karla tried to come off as the wokest of woke and such a realist but she’s mates with Mermaida. And Claire Balding. I won’t say anymore on that.
The podcast has improved from its initial launch but she is so hard headed she barely lets Jen talk and if she is talking she doesn’t really listen.

Reactions: 14
Her make-up always looks caked on, very drag queen (and not in a good way). The podcast is just her and Jen rambling and laughing at their own jokes, thinking they're hilarious. It's like listening in on a phone conversation between two friends. (Ps I love Jen but she is constantly overshadowed by Karla who loves the sound of her own voice.)

Reactions: 12
I find her and jen's podcast absolutely pathetic. They do cover interesting topics but they do NO research and it shows. They often just read out their google searches. Its infuriating.

Unfollowed her on all platforms. She thinks she is better than everyone else and her attitude stinks. I enjoyed her when she did her things that should be left in 2018 list. It was a rapid decline after that. I judge her company choices as well

Reactions: 7
Unfollowed her on all platforms. She thinks she is better than everyone else and her attitude stinks. I enjoyed her when she did her things that should be left in 2018 list. It was a rapid decline after that. I judge her company choices as well
I unfollowed her recently too. I used to like her. But can't really abide anyone who is besties with claire and Lindsay. Also she says 'hundo'

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I havent listened to her podcast and don’t really follow her on Instagram ( I would dip into her page every few months), but I was in school with her. Distinctly recall she was horrible to a young (nervous) teacher, and once her she didn’t have her homework done because “the cleaner threw it out”. Always stuck in my mind!

• Sick
  • Wow
I find her and jen's podcast absolutely pathetic. They do cover interesting topics but they do NO research and it shows. They often just read out their google searches. Its infuriating.
Yes! Drives me mad. They earn money from it like, put in some effort

Reactions: 5
I unfollowed her recently too. I used to like her. But can't really abide anyone who is besties with claire and Lindsay. Also she says 'hundo'
Hundo stop drives me mental, i initially liked the podcast I’ve always liked Jen she’s very down to earth not at all in your face, you could nearly hear the yawns out of Karla whenever Jen had the audacity to speak her opinions,

that little mean girl group tried so hard to be the “anti-influencers” they turned brands off themselves, now you see Claire nearly cream herself when a wax melt company sends her a few melts she was only raging she wasn’t being asked to do ad’s

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I use to be a fan but same as above completely turned off her:. Had no idea she came from money tbh

Reactions: 2
Oh Karla Karla Karla. She literally thinks she is so woke and tuned in but she’s nothing but an arrogant little brat. Did you hear the podcast after the BLM movement? She had done absolutely no research whatsoever, was so disrespectful to the chap who asked to come on and then asked if he cane up from the country to go to the protest, when he said no she barked “well I was there.” So rude. Jen is absolutely gorgeous but she’s put down a lot by Karla, you can tell Jen is more mature - when Karla has her tantrums Jen just knows how to move on seamlessly but it’s uncomfortable how often she barks Jen down for having a different opinion. Also the podcast where she acted like a brat in Dunne’s because the security guard wouldn’t let her skip the queue. Spare me. She only half listens then shouts over Jen and won’t let her make any points. I’d say she’s a nightmare to live with. Her makeup is shocking and cakey; remember she made a balls of Marissa Carters on live tv?! Serious notions about herself. All she does is complain, talk about how she can’t be hooped doing anything and is totally unenthusiastic. And half singing (off key) random words? 🤢 Shes so bloody entitled and crass talking about going to private school, coming from money, that she’s from an expensive part of castleknock ALL THE TIME. She legit thinks she’s hilarious and above everyone else. I too was in school with her, I was the year below but we played some sports together. The truth is she was a loud sloppy mess then and so two faced (I remember her actually laughing into peoples faces as well and slagging her “best friends” behind their backs) now she’s just a monotone soul draining sloppy mess and still two faced.

Reactions: 9
Comes from money? Da'duck? The house she lives in is a dive, I assumed she lived in some rough part of Dublin.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I would pay good money to see the Marrissa Carter Makeup application. Her and Claire Balding are well suited. Two mood hoovers.

• Haha
I would pay good money to see the Marrissa Carter Makeup application. Her and Claire Balding are well suited. Two mood hoovers.
Mood hoovers 😂😂 never heard that before but it's so true ..and add grace to that list of mood hoovers

Reactions: 6
Totally agree about the podcast, i love Jen but i cant listen to it because Karla just talks over her constantly its very frustrating. that podcast would be nothing without jens following and soon will be nothing if she keeps getting silenced by Karla.

Reactions: 7
I like Karla, she has my sense of humour and I like how sharp she is. She has no softness though to offset her sting if you get me? You rarely see her smiling, laughing etc. It's like everything is sooo serious all the time. If she had a laugh with stuff more I'd warm to her more. She comes across so prickly and high strung. If she just cooled the jets, were a bit less narky she'd be deadly. She wouldn't eat Jen alive every podcast as well haha.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.